List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Reid, Ginbey, Hall and Hewett are gonna be a very powerful midfield brigade for us.
Hopefully Yeo can be there with them for a few more years too.
Excited Winnie The Pooh GIF
Add in this years draftee it’s a good base of players for the midfield good blend of size strength and skill

He made that goal look very easy, yet i reckon most on our list bar maybe Hewett and Yeo couldn't do it. Combination of balance, strength and campaigner.

1v1 out of the goal square, CHAOS BALL comes in, bit of body on his opponent, first to react, slips the tackle by wheeling onto his left and shelling peas with a cheeky one accross the body.

Darling would theatrically fall to the ground then look at the ump as he stiffly chases after his opponent exiting our F50.
Kelly isn't strong enough or speedy enough to get any separation on anyone, unless it's Chance Bateman in match sim.
Gaffs 15m snap wouldn't make the distance
Ginbey would wait for his opponent to get the ball then tackle him (amirite)...
Petrucelle would do everything bar kick the goal as his shot would sail OOBOTF

He’s not even a left footer but made that goal look easy ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

To be fair every single AFL player should be able to kick that goal with their eyes closed.

He's 15-20m out basically directly in front and it's a non preferred snap across the body, albeit off balance. Most ammo players in Perth Football league could kick it.

Unfortunately though that's not the case and AFL skills have fallen off a cliff across the board, everyone is either too exhausted, or too drilled they don't train basic skills enough. Goal sense is getting rarer these days.

Nice seeing Harley kick on the opposite leg though, you can tell he prefers using the outside of the right. Should've had a snag vs Bulldogs a couple weeks ago if he'd used his left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best reported offer for Reid was 2,15,17 for pick 1 which may or may not have involved our R2 pick going back to North. That part was never really made clear

Those picks became 2 (McKercher), 20 (Goad) and 22 (Will Dawson)

We likely would’ve taken McKercher (or maybe Curtin) but not Goad or Dawson. At those picks Hardeman and Collard were both available although given our enthusiasm to take Archer Reid at 30 we may well have taken him earlier

Assuming it was just 2,15,17 in a straight swap and we didn’t go early on A Reid then our overall draft of Reid, Reid, Hall, Johnston and Rawlinson maybe becomes McKercher, Hardeman, Collard, Reid and Hall

Given the impact Harley has had not just on game day but around the club I’m glad we kept the pick

The best reported offer for Reid was 2,15,17 for pick 1 which may or may not have involved our R2 pick going back to North. That part was never really made clear

We likely would’ve taken McKercher (or maybe Curtin) but not Goad or Dawson. At those picks Hardeman and Collard were both available although given our enthusiasm to take Archer Reid at 30 we may well have taken him earlier

Assuming it was just 2,15,17 in a straight swap and we didn’t go early on A Reid then our overall draft of Reid, Reid, Hall, Johnston and Rawlinson maybe becomes McKercher, Hardeman, Collard, Reid and Hall

Given the impact Harley has had not just on game day but around the club I’m glad we kept the pick

Also "Hawthorn offered pick No.4, its future first-round pick and Tyler Brockman to West Coast for its No.1 pic."

#justtakereid

Totally agreed, especially when considering how we could hide our enthusiasm for Archer Reid.

I think North wanted our first 2nd rounder with pick 1. I reckon we would've taken Curtin too.

I'm happy it panned out the way it did.

We'll split our 1st this year though imo, this is the draft for it

If I recall any offer involved a 3rd team and was:
North pick 1
Dees pick 3
Eagles 6, 11, 15 and 17

We did the right thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back