Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn - Mabior Chol

Remove this Banner Ad

If he kicked 35-45 goals a season I'd be happy with the "Buddy-lite" comparison.
His athleticism is off the charts, but in very different ways to Buddy.
Not as nimble/agile, but his vertical leap is insane.

Have you watched the YouTube video of his best year at GC it’s very Buddy like.

View attachment 2020755Top of the leaderboard now for tackles inside 50. Doing an absolute mountain of defensive work which has been a big reason for our improvement this year.
He also missed 2 games this year. Phenomenal effort!

Have the w***ers that wrote Chol off very early even though he was still playing well deleted their posts yet? I had a quick look for one name and doesn’t seem to have any posts in here anymore.

How about you hawkhamlet you agenda driving campaigner. You must have leftovers for days for all the humble pie Chol has served you up.

Love the big guy.

If I had a daughter, I'd be throwing her at him!

Mind you, my youngest sons gay so if that works, I'm for that too!

Seriously, what a pick up - and he will be better next season as well.

In fact, I'll be throwing a few bucks on Mabs for the Coleman in 2025.

Absolute testament to what a strong club and strong culture can bring out in a player who just needed a home.

Love the big guy.

If I had a daughter, I'd be throwing her at him!

Mind you, my youngest sons gay so if that works, I'm for that too!

Seriously, what a pick up - and he will be better next season as well.

In fact, I'll be throwing a few bucks on Mabs for the Coleman in 2025.

Absolute testament to what a strong club and strong culture can bring out in a player who just needed a home.

He’s quickly become a player you will go to the footy to watch. Chol, Dear, Ginni, Moore and Watto are going to make this a very dynamic forward line for the coming years. Made for prime time!

Chol is playing very well. Based on his record, it was perfectly legitimate to have doubts about him. He is not the same player he was at the other clubs. What agenda do I have?
Wa it really though? He was at a Richmond team where he couldn't get a game because they had Lynch and Riewoldt. Then at GC in his first season he kicked 44 goals while Ben King was out for the season. King comes back and they relegate him to the ressies.
He had just never been given the proper opportunity at the other clubs except for one season and he kicked 44.27 for the year.

Wa it really though? He was at a Richmond team where he couldn't get a game because they had Lynch and Riewoldt. Then at GC in his first season he kicked 44 goals while Ben King was out for the season. King comes back and they relegate him to the ressies.
He had just never been given the proper opportunity at the other clubs except for one season and he kicked 44.27 for the year.
What I have loved most about Chol's game this year is his pressure around the ball. His tackling is excellent and he does a lot of smart tap ons. Was that part of his game back then? If it was, I wasn't aware of it.

He’s quickly become a player you will go to the footy to watch. Chol, Dear, Ginni, Moore and Watto are going to make this a very dynamic forward line for the coming years. Made for prime time!
Oppo supporting mates have rightly pointed out how fun and occasionally wild our forward line is. All very good to watch

He's kicked 20 goals so far, hopefully he can push 40 by the end of the season.

I was hoping 20-30 for the season and allowing Lewis to not get double teamed. Turns out he is capable of being our leading tall target. Probably top 5 in the PCM at present also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting quite a bit of love from media now saying that he’s not kicked the same amount of goals as he did in his best year at the Suns, but he’s playing better and more consistent footy.

Chol will be our next Hale ……. playing that role between pinch hitting in the ruck and stretching the opposition backline while down forward that snags a few. We have been looking for this type of player for quite awhile now. With his elite kicking in general play and the pressure he applies without the ball he will be an important player for us structurally.

Last edited:
Chol will be our next Hale ……. playing that role between pinch hitting in the ruck and stretching the opposition backline while down forward that snags a few. We have been looking for this type of player for quite awhile now. With his elite kicking in general play and the pressure he applies without the ball he will be an important player for us structurally.
Looking much better up forward than Hale ever did. But not as good in the ruck (though still definitely passable).

I just genuinely can't believe the player he has been for us the goals and talent aren't surprising.

The fact he is one of our heart and soul players and one of our hardest working players with elite pressure? Anyone who says they saw that coming is lying.

The contract is looking like an absolute steal at the moment

Looking much better up forward than Hale ever did. But not as good in the ruck (though still definitely passable).
Yearly reminder that Hale kicked 8 goals on Scarlett

i clearly stated, on multiple occasions, that Chol would kick 40 goals this year. But I did not know his other attributes.
The guy is a 2 foot ninja. People do not see him coming for a tackle.

With Lewis in our team… oh my!
+1
I knew he could be a viable forward target, but I had no idea he would be so good with his work ethic, tackling and pressure.

Turns out this guy has had the talent all along but never found a home to call his own.

Richmond did not value him.
Gold Coast prioritised other players.
The one season he was played as a main KP forward he smashes through 40 goals, then demoted the next season to the reserves.

Is it any wonder he often looked disinterested at both clubs?
Why would you care when you were not valued?

Sam Mitchell says "I want you at Hawthorn" and we put an arm around to make him feel wanted - aMaZiNgLY - he is playing the best footy of his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn - Mabior Chol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back