Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol mate steady on there will never be another Cyril.

Cyril almost redefined what it meant to be a small forward in his first season. If he can stay fit and avoid the soft tissue injuries Cyril had he might have a better career, but he'll never be a better player imo.

Yeah look I have seen the wiz in action over multiple pre seasons. I was adamant we would pick him up with our first pick. He will be a great player an A grader and game breaker but no one can do what Cyril did. Lets put it this way Watson is a freak but Cyril was and still is the king of freaks. I still miss him what a player he was.

He moves with laser speed at times ... Cyril never seemed to need to.

This kid is something else, but, ooh, Cyril ...

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Cyril was incredible but he's not beyond compare.
Hawthorn has had better players before (and will again.)

Has a small forward ever won the coleman?
Lethal

Matthews was a midfielder and arguably the best player that ever played the game. You can cut the arguably imo. His primary role was getting the ball but he was so good he could kick goals as well. I argue even he couldn't do what Cyril could do. The guy did some bloody amazing things on the football field. He was literally like a cat out there amazing reflexes and agility. He even left Matthews bemused when he kicked goal of the year against Essendon. Anyway let's stop doing comparisons and celebrate our current players

I have said this before. Watson will be a superstar of this comp. Some of the stuff he does even at training are just jaw dropping. Doesn't miss many at training. It's all in his head. He nearly blew that game wide open in a 5 to 10 minute burst a few players have the ability to impact the game like he does. He is an A grader and match winner. It's only a matter of time
That 3 point burst and the total miss was reminiscent of Dew in the 08 GF. He is going to have one of those bursts in a GF. I can see it now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back