Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Remove this Banner Ad

Have said it since I saw him playing for Subiaco Colts, that he will become a midfielder at AFL level, so similar to a young Shai Bolton.

That's the best call on a player that I'm aware of from anyone familiar with a guy's junior career. My experience on that limited I guess.

But I remember reading that from you after seeing what I thought was crazy ability and potential as a forward. Just so much power for his size.

At that stage he was just showing glimpses of being very good in traffic. You had me convinced that first time you wrote it though!

That's the best call on a player that I'm aware of from anyone familiar with a guy's junior career. My experience on that limited I guess.

But I remember reading that from you after seeing what I thought was crazy ability and potential as a forward. Just so much power for his size.

At that stage he was just showing glimpses of being very good in traffic. You had me convinced that first time you wrote it though!
Thanks, I saw him around 6 times in his draft year live, and couldn’t believe how good he was. Could have easily have played league footy with Subiaco that year. Was hoping we would get him, and now hoping even more that we hold onto him. Looks like he has a great bond with Sam Mitchell though, which gives me a lot of confidence he stays.

FIVE ROUND 10 PERFORMANCES THAT FLEW UNDER THE RADAR ACCORDING TO CHAMPION DATA​

Tyler Brockman (Hawthorn)

“He was the number one rated forward across the whole round on the weekend.

“This is the pin-up example of why the ratings value these sort of players so well.

“15 disposals but his ball use and what he did with ball in hand was actually quite special and someone potentially for Hawthorn supporters to get quite excited about.

“He was fantastic on the weekend.”

Can be so dynamic playing up the field like that run through the middle and kick to Lewis. Exciting player but still needs to work on the defensive side of his game. A run down tackle or 2 with his explosive pace would be nice.
He literally did this a couple of matches ago. A perfectly executed rioli-like run down tackle.

I'd be shocked if he's not in Brown and Gold moving forward. Look like he's loving his footy and teammates.

Will be interesting to see when he re-signs how long he re-signs for. Hawks would obviously looking for long term contract.

Having a young family I imagine he would want security and stability of at least 3 years. It is great to see how much he loves the club and the club loves him.

Going over to WA every summer to support them isn't sustainable though.

I really do hope we hold onto him but the situation is starting to give off Tim Kelly type vibes.

Going over to WA every summer to support them isn't sustainable though.

I really do hope we hold onto him but the situation is starting to give off Tim Kelly type vibes.
I don't think so. Tim Kelly's situation was a bit different with his kids having special needs. Made it extra isolating for his partner who didn't feel the Cats supported her enough. It looks as if Brocky and his family are especially well supported here and there's not even a whisper of a rumour of him wanting out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So many different variables from the Kelly situation

I know, I'm just saying they're somewhat similar, and that goes without saying that Brockman hasn't even hinted about wanting to go back to WA.

I don't think so. Tim Kelly's situation was a bit different with his kids having special needs. Made it extra isolating for his partner who didn't feel the Cats supported her enough. It looks as if Brocky and his family are especially well supported here and there's not even a whisper of a rumour of him wanting out.

Without speculating too much about his personal life but do his partner and kids still live over in Perth or have they moved over?

I know, I'm just saying they're somewhat similar, and that goes without saying that Brockman hasn't even hinted about wanting to go back to WA.

Without speculating too much about his personal life but do his partner and kids still live over in Perth or have they moved over?
I think there was something about Sam's wife helping out with extra support when needed. So I'd assume they've moved over.

I think there was something about Sam's wife helping out with extra support when needed. So I'd assume they've moved over.
It's not just Sam's wife. A lot of the wag's have been involved.

Brocky will have that Cyril effect where teammates walk out standing taller because he has that x factor about him. Sitting next to my Cats buddy today Brocky took off for a run along the boundary line in front of us had a couple of bounces and he said who the f is that ……. he could see it!

He is something else, a lot of his link up work in the back half is screaming give me midfield minutes. During his debut year he used to not get much further from goal than the centre square. Now he's pushing way back to receive and go.

Freaking glorious stuff. Crazy highlight mark too.

A lot to get excited about from him and so many others the past month or two.

Needs to be signed or the Perth sides need to go find a 1st round pick to offer. Prefer his signature!

The good thing about us winning and playing an exciting brand is you can see on field how much the players are loving it, and internally the culture seems the strongest it has been for along Time. I think these are massive in brockman making a desicion and he seems to be coming out of his shell which it's showing jn his footy. It also helps freo are still freo and eagles are 5 years minimum from being competitive. But you're right him playing the way he is if he unfortunately decides to leave isn't going to be for a token 3rd rounder anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back