Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Remove this Banner Ad

No point sugar coating this - disappointing whichever way you look at it. We have moved heaven and earth for this kid to no avail - he was always going back home which is ok. Most disappointing thing is that he is devaluing his trade currency significantly as each week passes. WCE can legitimately argue that he is player who struggles with consistency when everyone knows his ceiling is very high and his true value is second round pick at worse. WCE will get him for either a bag of chips or for nothing via the PSD

Also when you consider the fact some pundits are saying there may only be 45-50 selections at the draft, 3rd rounder value isn’t very high

Why would wce do a swap...they can get him on PSD
What happens if they come enquiring about a contracted player in the next 10yrs?

We tell them to go f*** themselves.

It's in all clubs' best interests to build & maintain relationships. They'll no doubt get him cheap, but not for free.

Just incredibly disappointing that despite clearly being talented we will not get fair value in return.

Don't blame him, he has to do what is best for him but from the clubs perspective it sucks to lose someone who seemed to be an integral part of our next tilt for a packet of chips.

Just incredibly disappointing that despite clearly being talented we will not get fair value in return.

Don't blame him, he has to do what is best for him but from the clubs perspective it sucks to lose someone who seemed to be an integral part of our next tilt for a packet of chips.
I agree that that it is disappointing if we lose him - however he was pick # 46 and there was always a go home risk. We have picked up quite a few very fine players for next to nothing so you have to be philosophical, if you lose a promising youngster for a packet of chips.

What happens if they come enquiring about a contracted player in the next 10yrs?

We tell them to go f*** themselves.

It's in all clubs' best interests to build & maintain relationships. They'll no doubt get him cheap, but not for free.
Whilst I agree that never happens, either party or both will likely have different admin in ten years if we ever have to do a deal together.
It’s not like Freo have done us any favors for the Hill deal. I still can’t believe how much we bent over for that one, then to watch him come back and play for another Melbourne based club.

Whilst I agree that never happens, either party or both will likely have different admin in ten years if we ever have to do a deal together.
It’s not like Freo have done us any favors for the Hill deal. I still can’t believe how much we bent over for that one, then to watch him come back and play for another Melbourne based club.
I think that was as much about us being stupid as it was them being hard to deal with.

Probably a bit of both.

Yep - totally agree. Either way, a move west seems likely and we wish him well.
I think he will be an unfulfilled talent if he goes back west, particularly if going to Freo as I don't see them developing talent consistently and well and WCE have years of rebuild, they are not even at year 1.

If you embrace Hawthorn, Hawthorn will embrace you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No club wants to take that route if they can help it. No club.
Lets not say no club.

dodoro GIF by AFL

I haven't followed this very well

But I thought Brocky's mum said at the intraclub that he was happy and had actually signed for 2024 too

Now we're trading him?

He never signed and wants to go home.

Everyone is just making the logical assumption that as there has been no re-signing announcement that he is gone.

Listen to Sam's interview on SEN. Keeps talking about Tyler, support networks etc. 0retty much concedes without conceding that he's gone

Sounds gone.

Things change. Earlier in the year Tyler was pretty happy about where he was at and Hawthorn. As the year has progressed and WCE's season their interest in him has ramped up. His manager has alerted him to the opportunity of returning home and possibly even getting paid more so here we are.

Things change. Earlier in the year Tyler was pretty happy about where he was at and Hawthorn. As the year has progressed and WCE's season their interest in him has ramped up. His manager has alerted him to the opportunity of returning home and possibly even getting paid more so here we are.
Hopefully he had signed that 1+1 trigger so we hold upper hand in getting him home

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back