Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Remove this Banner Ad

If trade was today, I would seriously consider West Coast picks 35 & 38
I'd say that deal would probably be the best that WC would offer and even then they might ask for pick 48 coming back there way as well. Freo might be the better team to deal with here.

Which would you prefer:

Deal A
Hawks get: Picks 35 + 38
WC get: Brockman + 48

Deal B
Hawks get: Liam Henry
Freo get: Brockman + 48

I'd lean towards Deal B

I'd say that deal would probably be the best that WC would offer and even then they might ask for pick 48 coming back there way as well. Freo might be the better team to deal with here.

Which would you prefer:

Deal A

Deal B

I'd lean towards Deal B
Take Henry any day of the week yhanks

Which would you prefer:

Deal A

Deal B

I'd lean towards Deal B
I'm leaning towards WCE picks for points towards McCabe

All this is based on now, as there is every chance we might end up trading a player or 2 for some similar picks.

Brockman is worth more than pick 35. He’s a young small forward who’s shown he has the skills to be elite. I’d hope we’d try and package it with a couple first rounders to get their 1st pick. If we could get that Gold Coast pick then package 4 and 5 with brockman to get pick 1 and 35.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brockman is worth more than pick 35. He’s a young small forward who’s shown he has the skills to be elite. I’d hope we’d try and package it with a couple first rounders to get their 1st pick. If we could get that Gold Coast pick then package 4 and 5 with brockman to get pick 1 and 35.

The AFL came up with a system far more reliable than something as abstract as player talent to determine these things.

See Buddy compensation pick for reference.

We tried but couldn’t get a deal done for even half a Nathan Carrol in return for Bud.

Last edited:
The AFL came up with a system far more reliable than something as abstract as player talent to determine these things.

See Buddy compensation pick for reference.

We tried but couldn’t get a deal done for even half a Nathan Carrol in return for Bud.
Brockman isn’t a free agent. I don’t care what the afl value system is, it’s what ours is.

If Brocky chooses to leave to WCE, surely the Eagles have us over a barrel with the PSD. Our only hope of any value is if he choses Freo.
Maybe, but it’s get us one spot closer to moving a player via the preseason draft. Only north in front of us!

If I were the eagles I’d be trying to use that on a big fish.

If Brocky chooses to leave to WCE, surely the Eagles have us over a barrel with the PSD. Our only hope of any value is if he choses Freo.

There’s 3 parties here

Us ..him and the 3rd club

If he wants to leave it’s to go home …there’s 2 clubs back home …..wherever a deal can be done at either club to satisfy all parties (which includes us ) is where he goes

That me be freo rather than eagles ….we are accomodating a request to live in Perth

There’s 3 parties here

Us ..him and the 3rd club

If he wants to leave it’s to go home …there’s 2 clubs back home …..wherever a deal can be done at either club to satisfy all parties (which includes us ) is where he goes

That me be freo rather than eagles ….we are accomodating a request to live in Perth
He can go to West Coast in the PSD. One club might offer him a lot more money and he will choose that club.

Brockman isn’t a free agent. I don’t care what the afl value system is, it’s what ours is.

If he's really leaving then I think we're crap out of luck if WCE choose not to work with us.... unless someone more talented is looking to go to them in the PSD, we're looking at donuts here.

I hope that he stays. Such an exciting player, so much to work with and so much to offer the team able to tap into that talent.

Last edited:
I think we're crap out of luck unless the WCE choose to work with us, unless someone more talented is looking to go to them in the PSD we're looking at donuts here.
Hate to agree with you but you are spot on West Coast can just walk him to the PSD and we end up with nothing

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back