Toast Welcome to the SUNS Elijah Hollands

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree that he is going to be a star. Although I like ginbey I kinda wish we would just take his brother just for the reassurance he stays long term. I would be happy to give up our first for next year to get something around that 10-12 range still.

So what's going on here? Recovered from the ACL, played as an inside mid in the vfl, a half forward for 5 games last year and the wing this year. His highlights package of u18s shows some absolute beautiful use of the footy but we've seen him miss some absolute sitters. Is it confidence? Is it him trying to play to a system? Him playing wing instead of mid shouldn't take away from his disposals should it? A lot of teams are prioritising good use of the footy in the midfield, and you would think he is the guy on our list that could add that class, but from what we've seen at AFL he seems a way off.

So what's going on here? Recovered from the ACL, played as an inside mid in the vfl, a half forward for 5 games last year and the wing this year. His highlights package of u18s shows some absolute beautiful use of the footy but we've seen him miss some absolute sitters. Is it confidence? Is it him trying to play to a system? Him playing wing instead of mid shouldn't take away from his disposals should it? A lot of teams are prioritising good use of the footy in the midfield, and you would think he is the guy on our list that could add that class, but from what we've seen at AFL he seems a way off.
He is a forward first and foremost. Thinking trying to use him on a wing has been a waste and ****ed with how Elijah plays his footy.

Needs some more experience and confidence.

I still prefer Ellis & Powell to be our main wingers and the first month Hollands has had the pressure of being our #1 winger, which he has looked shocking in.

Give him some time in the VFL and he'll come back firing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back