Brett Li

Senior List
Apr 9, 2002
Brussels
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea
Seeing as the congratulations for a great, effective and clinical performance is a bit thin on the ground here, I'd like to say a big well done to England. Beating a very fancied French team by 17 points is some achievement given the pre-match pressure.

No one likes us, we don't care.

Originally posted by Brett Li
Seeing as the congratulations for a great, effective and clinical performance is a bit thin on the ground here, I'd like to say a big well done to England. Beating a very fancied French team by 17 points is some achievement given the pre-match pressure.

No one likes us, we don't care.

Startling performance.

If I wanted to watch blokes kick a football for 90 minutes I would go to the park.

Re: Re: Re: Well done England

Originally posted by Brett Li
Glad you enjoyed yourself.

You may have seen a bit of rain during the match. :rolleyes:
yeah, first an army of pale blokes come over, then we're subjected to the new revolutionary "divisible by 3" style rugby, and now the weather?

Yeah bloody right, well done England.

We were playing one of the 2 form teams,we were written off & we absolutley strangeld the life out of the Froggies.

It's all about winning & that's what we'll do on Saturday, I've no doubts about that.

Asutralia played bloody well as well & there is a strong symmetry between our world cups to date, we both played the more fancied & 'attacking' sides in the semis, we've both been heavily criticised but we both dominated virtually the whole game & showed our strength.

I don't think it's any coincidence that we've both come through tough group games whilst the French & NZers had a stroll.

Personally I was cheering Australia on against NZ (like most people here I don't actually hate Australia) & it proved that how ever good your back 3 are you won't win the world cup without a proper pack.

It's funny becasue just about the only person I saw who tipped Australia to beat NZ was Clive Woodward.....oh the irony.

Anyway we've beaten you the last 4 times & I fancy us to make it 5 but win or lose I won't be running around Aussie-bashing.

Dipper, don't you just love how the press can be one day so critical and the next so positive?

I've loved the huge turn arounds by the Aussie and English press. Our press is becoming almost as bad as yours now. It's too bad Woodward and Jones don't seem to be joining the party. The two camps have had a couple of cracks at each other throughout the world cup but after the semis the two coaches praised each other. I'd love to see a huge verbal battle between them over the week in the press accusing each other of cheating etc.

On the game, yes it wasn't pretty to watch, but England played the conditions. It didn't really bother me, it did bother me though when they did it against Wales in perfect conditions.... but I really think the match this weekend could be an absolute cracker. All the games with these two countries over the last 3 years or so have been pretty narrow wins to England and I think it'll be very close again on Saturday....hopefully with us winning this time though.

Yeah they were forced to backtrack a bit weren't they but to be honest so were a lot of people, I mean when our semi came round I was pretty confident but there's no way I saw an Aussie win coming the day before.

As for the English press there's the tabloid element who've always been a bit nasty but they're more likely to get stuck into the football & cricket boys.

The big papers put a lot into the rugby coverage & they're pretty fair to give them credit.

As for Jones & Woodward they seem to be having some big love in don't they?Both saying how good the other is & how strong the teams are & Jones wouldn't even be drawn into saying that England are pragmatic.
They clearly both don't want to give the enemy any motivation yet but I'll be surprised if we get to the end of the week & Jones hasn't brought to the referee's attention some area of persistant English infringement that wants well policed.

He'll probably go on about England offending at the breakdown & Woody will probably go on about Australian attempts to avoid a straightforward battle at the scrummage.

Anyway you're right it should be a great game, whether it's a classic for the neutral I don't know but when it's your team involved the win is the main thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done England

Remove this Banner Ad

Back