Review West Coast v Collingwood at Mineral Resources Park, 3.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished watching on replay….

Thought the scoreboard flattered us after qtr time.

Couple of cheap 50’s (first one was clear…don’t give it back and it’s and easy call for the umps….second one was wtf?!?)

Rowe is clearly wing. Her run is awesome. But seriously…..no more attempted 5 metre kicks!!!

Brit/chops….owned the midfield. Massive reason why we won.

Buttler….was everywhere. But her disposal was horrendous and she just kept giving it up. She’s a gun. Tidy up her disposal and she’s BOG.

Downy. Best game so far. Her tap work in the middle was terrific. More of that please!

Moy…lol. Honestly love watching her play, insane how much better she reads it and reacts than everyone around her. More in the middle too!! Love it.

Fowler was great down back. Huge efforts in the 3rd to deny them.

EJ….damn she burnt some of her teammates…needs to be shown this as she has tunnel vision at times.

Casey/o’day/ports…. were super strong in def on their opponents…who had their number in body size. Great effort to nullify them!!

Velardo - don’t know what to make of her. She just looks awesome, but then coughs it up and gives minimal effort when contact comes…:jury is out as far as I’m concerned.

We butchered it at times. But at least we looked better.
Bring on next week and let’s see what we can do.

an improvement with little pressure from eagles. rode on the back of the guns... bonnici allowed to play and did her stuff. Chronic breakdown at half forward with eagles intercept marking... still insist on kicking backwards...

no proof that we'll be able to mix it with the big girls...

an improvement with little pressure from eagles. rode on the back of the guns... bonnici allowed to play and did her stuff. Chronic breakdown at half forward with eagles intercept marking... still insist on kicking backwards...

no proof that we'll be able to mix it with the big girls...

I’m watching the relay. At half time. Don’t agree with your comment on ‘little pressure’ from the Eagles. I’m seeing them chase, tackle and spoil. They made it hard for us - and we made it hard for ourselves too.

We have not much of a forward line, our disposal is iffy, and we are nowhere as good as we were last year.

Molloy - wow. She is some player, and still recovering from Covid.

I’m watching the relay. At half time. Don’t agree with your comment on ‘little pressure’ from the Eagles. I’m seeing them chase, tackle and spoil. They made it hard for us - and we made it hard for ourselves too.

We have not much of a forward line, our disposal is iffy, and we are nowhere as good as we were last year.

Molloy - wow. She is some player, and still recovering from Covid.
fair enough. I thought the pressure was inconsistent and not to the same standard applied by the opposition in the last two weeks. Some of it had to do with the eagles style of kicking the ball to move it downfield, which meant that our backline had time to get back....although when the eagles moved the ball with any type of speed, they got through our pretty static defensive wall approach.

I'm still wondering whether the move of livingston down forward is to try to get a contest down there, or because she is getting more noticeably slower down back when opposition move the ball quickly.

we showed a bit of teamwork this week, which was practically non-existent for the last two weeks as we panicked...

molloy was good. other than the usual suspects, butler showed she's probably more ready for the midfield than brown...if we can spare her.

i read that our ex coach said that an AFLW team can control a game with 2 outstanding players.... because of the dilution of talent with the additional teams. I think its a good point and we are suffering big time without davey.

Fair enough to you too.

Think it’s Livo’s last year. She’s slowed down noticeably, or the game’s got faster, or the opposition is getting smarter. She’s belongs up back, in a Presti type role, but I think it’s gone past her.

I’m really pleased to see Butler come on. Her disposal is not great, but she’s getting way more involved than previously.

Tarni Brown didn’t play again. Maybe the lingering effects of her concussion in the first round. Followed by a dent to her confidence. The lack of confidence seems to be a Brown offspring thing.

Still waiting for Chaston to break a game open. I think she will, but it may not be this season.

Our ruckwork is getting better.

As for Bonicci - she’s an amazing player. Thank God we have her, especially with Davey out.

Just finished watching on replay….

Thought the scoreboard flattered us after qtr time.

Couple of cheap 50’s (first one was clear…don’t give it back and it’s and easy call for the umps….second one was wtf?!?)

Rowe is clearly wing. Her run is awesome. But seriously…..no more attempted 5 metre kicks!!!

Brit/chops….owned the midfield. Massive reason why we won.

Buttler….was everywhere. But her disposal was horrendous and she just kept giving it up. She’s a gun. Tidy up her disposal and she’s BOG.

Downy. Best game so far. Her tap work in the middle was terrific. More of that please!

Moy…lol. Honestly love watching her play, insane how much better she reads it and reacts than everyone around her. More in the middle too!! Love it.

Fowler was great down back. Huge efforts in the 3rd to deny them.

EJ….damn she burnt some of her teammates…needs to be shown this as she has tunnel vision at times.

Casey/o’day/ports…. were super strong in def on their opponents…who had their number in body size. Great effort to nullify them!!

Velardo - don’t know what to make of her. She just looks awesome, but then coughs it up and gives minimal effort when contact comes…:jury is out as far as I’m concerned.

We butchered it at times. But at least we looked better.
Bring on next week and let’s see what we can do.
I thought the 2nd 50 was there - the eagles girl ran through the mark.

I thought the 2nd 50 was there - the eagles girl ran through the mark.

I think both of them are rubbish. The whole thing should be based on delay of game. I saw one incident where the eagles player pushed the pie player after she took a mark. That is clearly done to delay playing on... Umpires are keener to penalise a player running past the mark, even when the player with the ball isnt impeded in any way.

To me, this makes the game more of a pommie game, where the umpire has all this technical stuff to umpire on and enforce his presence....pommie games love umpires. I swear that rugby union was more a game for the refs than the actual players.

The other decision which is out of balance is holding the ball, jumping on it thing. We dont want the women choosing to step back and tackle rather than go for the ball...

If they want to give free kicks to keep the ball moving, then penalise the player crawling all over the back of the player with the ball. This aspect has got as ridiculous as the hands in the back decisions, before they finally decided enough was enough and went back to push in the back.

Players are crawling all over the back of the player with the ball, trying to keep the ball under that player. If you stop them doing that and make they tackle properly, you will allow the player with the ball to get rid of it..... then no excuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tarni Brown didn’t play again. Maybe the lingering effects of her concussion in the first round. Followed by a dent to her confidence. The lack of confidence seems to be a Brown offspring thing.

TB played in the 2nds. I managed to get down for the last quarter and she's really filled out up close.

I think both of them are rubbish. The whole thing should be based on delay of game. I saw one incident where the eagles player pushed the pie player after she took a mark. That is clearly done to delay playing on... Umpires are keener to penalise a player running past the mark, even when the player with the ball isnt impeded in any way.

To me, this makes the game more of a pommie game, where the umpire has all this technical stuff to umpire on and enforce his presence....pommie games love umpires. I swear that rugby union was more a game for the refs than the actual players.

The other decision which is out of balance is holding the ball, jumping on it thing. We dont want the women choosing to step back and tackle rather than go for the ball...

If they want to give free kicks to keep the ball moving, then penalise the player crawling all over the back of the player with the ball. This aspect has got as ridiculous as the hands in the back decisions, before they finally decided enough was enough and went back to push in the back.

Players are crawling all over the back of the player with the ball, trying to keep the ball under that player. If you stop them doing that and make they tackle properly, you will allow the player with the ball to get rid of it..... then no excuse.

I think you make some really good points and it drives ne crazy with the 50m even though we are probably the No. 1 team in the comp that have been gifted the most goals from it. But as a football lover, it's just an ugly sight in football because the pentaly is too great when it boils down to an umpire judgement in the call / or being directed to look out for it. Make it 25m in the AFLW / VFLW until the comp gets better across the board and the average distanced kick / ball transition speed warrants for a 50 metre pentality.

Last edited:

That is Appaling and that why no Games should be played in WA while the Borders are Closed

And the thanks from the AFL that we get for changing our home game to WC's is we get crap conditions (pun intended) and we have to travel to Brisbane, Peth and then Hobart back to back to back.

The AFL love screwing us over don't they.

No apologies to our team but they will fix the conditions prior to Richmond going there this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back