Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad to see how much millicent have dropped off. If things go well Portland will have some good headaches at the selection table later in the year. Winis Imbi back in the seniors this week and his experience showed. Is there any West people on the forum....if so where are they at?

what the hell is going on at millicent?

Went to see East & Imperials was a good game Imps were not far off beating East they had some good moments. East were very sluggish they wont be a threat if they make the 5 it will be more likely Hamilton if they want it? East have lost a lot to injuries half the B grade was playing on saturday.

Think a lot of teams are getting struck by injuries, will show character to what clubs stand up and keep going with what they field. Pretty sure Hooker said on the radio sat morning that they had 7 out of there starting 21, and they had a few playing that were carrying injuries. Take that out of anyone's team and it makes a huge difference. Most teams will be hoping to regain there injured players coming into finals, and if don't will face a hard task whoever they come up againts. Think the top 5 is pretty much set, 5th spot will come down out of east and hamilton, will depend on which team wants it more, and can maybe knock of a team higher then them.

surely millicent cant blame injuries on 45 scoring shots to 9 on the weekend????? ... any explanations guys???? is dean under threat???? doesnt look like the players are palying for him anymore,,, anybody got any thoughts

surely millicent cant blame injuries on 45 scoring shots to 9 on the weekend????? ... any explanations guys???? is dean under threat???? doesnt look like the players are palying for him anymore,,, anybody got any thoughts

I believe there were 7 or 8 under 16's + 18's in the side . I think dean is contracted on for next year and regardless of how this year has turned out I believe everyone at millicent - players included will want him back next year.
Perhaps Bigant can shed a bit more light on the situation - if hes still around

why was there 7 or 8 under 16 s and under 18 s playing????? who is out injured then???/ not many from the list i seen that played?? so is depth a problem then??? something has to happen after the weekends perfomance, only heywood have had a flogging like that..

why was there 7 or 8 under 16 s and under 18 s playing????? who is out injured then???/ not many from the list i seen that played?? so is depth a problem then??? something has to happen after the weekends perfomance, only heywood have had a flogging like that..

Yep looks like depth is a big part of the problem. Millicent have struggled to field an under 18’s team for a number of years. Only 19 ressies last week including Brown. Going by the clearances they have lost 16 and gained 8 players. Looking at the GF team where are Facey, Caelli, Contin, Weir, Egan and Hosking? Say nett loss of around 14 players. Two of their recruits haven't been of use one no good and one broke his collar bone twice! Add to that some dismal personal performances (what’s up with Murray?) and you’ve got trouble. In a town that supports 4 teams off a low population base and shrinking job market I’d guess things are going to get tougher. Standby for the cash cannon!

don't know if Hamilton will be in finals, they should have beaten west with the players they had out and the injuries to wenman and croker during the game.

Milicent are a rabble and a change of coach wont help there is not enough talent there.

rumor both imbi boys want out of Portland?

Yep looks like depth is a big part of the problem. Millicent have struggled to field an under 18’s team for a number of years. Only 19 ressies last week including Brown. Going by the clearances they have lost 16 and gained 8 players. Looking at the GF team where are Facey, Caelli, Contin, Weir, Egan and Hosking? Say nett loss of around 14 players. Two of their recruits haven't been of use one no good and one broke his collar bone twice! Add to that some dismal personal performances (what’s up with Murray?) and you’ve got trouble. In a town that supports 4 teams off a low population base and shrinking job market I’d guess things are going to get tougher. Standby for the cash cannon!

So you guys will be doing some recruiting over summer I assume - surely dean wont put up with another year like this!!! Looking at the draw for east and hamilton it looks pretty even with east a game ahead with stronger percentage, basically hamilton will have to beat a side above them as well as beat east without losing to a side below them to make the 5.

don't know if Hamilton will be in finals, they should have beaten west with the players they had out and the injuries to wenman and croker during the game.

Milicent are a rabble and a change of coach wont help there is not enough talent there.

rumor both imbi boys want out of Portland?
What gives you that idea? the fact winis played his 1st senior game on the weekend since rnd 5?

Hamilton have improved??? What i have witnessed is a lot of paid imports that dont give a stuff about team mates or opposition but take the cash and go. Hamilton will prob finish below Imps and scratch their head at what a financial disaster and embarrassment this season has been. One player in particular should be sacked if anyone at Hamilton had balls!

Becker has left hamilton and a big loss to the cats is matthew patzel going to glencoe. Can anyone explain the max rooke clearance from casterton?

Have heard Josh Ransom is set to start runnin early as next week. Hopefully he has no problems as he will play a big part in how far West go come finals. West v Portland this weekend, in which looks like will be sloppy conditions, its going to be a hitout, will be interesting to see which players, Holt and Ransom play with each team having injury worries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seen josh ransom during the week. Has lost a lot of weight. Can't possibly see him making a return this year. Must have been in a bad way to be on hospital for 3 weeks? Can u confirm this rig?

sun

think you been in the sun to much Portland to be west by 60 you must be thinking netball.

Portland rezzy only had 16 last week so means there are some injuries no depth

picking a draw, and if it rains most definitely a draw

There are plenty of great people at the Heywood Football Netball Club. While their senior football results are not competitive in the Western Border it is a family community club with promising junior players emerging. You are mistaken if you compare results to poor culture and conduct. I say well done and keep up the good work to Shane Keegan and Dean Millard , the netball coaches , the committee and players at the lions as they are a respected and admired part of our comunity.

Heywood is the worst club in Australia. Pure PUSS

Portland is the worst club in Australia - so much for your 60 point victory, i think you guys have started celebrating too soon. You have to question whether you guys will even make it to the GF. I also hear that some of the players that are claiming to be injured are not!!! Perhaps they have lost the passion playing for portland which is completely understandable when they' ve got knobs like you hanging around the club. Maybe there'll go to Heywood !!!!

Heywood is the worst club in Australia. Pure PUSS

Come on footynut, this is not a forum for bagging other clubs. For the WBFL to be healthy we need clubs like Heywood doing better on the field. For those writing off Portland..a little bit premature...West were always going to be the main challenger.

Come on footynut, this is not a forum for bagging other clubs. For the WBFL to be healthy we need clubs like Heywood doing better on the field. For those writing off Portland..a little bit premature...West were always going to be the main challenger.

Portland are a well respected club in the league and have been very successful over the last decade but what makes you so much better then all of the other clubs. You must not have any respect for any other clubs. As a west supporter I have noticed over the last 3 or so years every away game for portland it's been the same 3 guys that come into the clubrooms after the game. Do other clubs notice this with Portland or is it just me? All other clubs usually have good numbers representing them.

Not sure why you are directing this at me Rig. I just finished saying this forum is not for bagging other clubs and what are you doing....following footynuts lead. About time some people on this forum got back to talking about footy.

well i was wrong west to good for Portland

only had 15 in ressy must have a few injuries

west v north in 2 weeks will be a good game

final 5 set, first coach to be sacked will be Russel from Hamilton, spent a lot of money for nothing, followed by Deans from Millicent (he will walk)

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back