Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard from a good source that jon copping wont stay on as coach next year (his decision) which is kind of expected after 4 years - heard he will continue playing, will be interesting to see if he stays at south or goes back to his old club at penola. Dean will be a interesting one - had a pretty good coaching record prior to this year and he's not happy with this years performance. I'd say if he stays on there will be some changes made to next years side. Will be interesting to see if Mcconnell stays on if North dont make it deep into finals.

Being an old South boy if that is true about Copping have they anyone ready to fill his shoes at the club

rumor has it that there was trouble after Imps V Hamilton game in club house.

hamilton coach made hims self known to all

stay tune sacking on the way and not before time

rig you been quite lately, what the boy friend not putting out lol

It will be a loss to WBFL if Heywood go but you can understand if they do they have been at the bottom end of things forever and a day without any daylight in sight, a change to a minor league might give their supporters something to cheer about. It is an indication that the WBFL has no policy to develop football in this region and as a result clubs themselves are looking to make the changes, very difficult times ahead i dont think the intelligence is available to make anything good come out of it all.

what about the u/18 game between casterton and east being called off due to all in brawl

my mail is east boy racially vilified and started from that

wait for more on this

north no good again, not playing enough kids and soft as butter

anyone got any thoughts on heywood leaveing western boarder

My opinion is it's the best thing for Heywood to ensure the club survives and prospers similar to Coleraine when they left.

It may well be the first move of a domino effect that could see footy in the Western Region completely restructured and could possibly spell the end of the WBFL.

Just my opinion.

My opinion is it's the best thing for Heywood to ensure the club survives and prospers similar to Coleraine when they left.

It may well be the first move of a domino effect that could see footy in the Western Region completely restructured and could possibly spell the end of the WBFL.

Just my opinion.

Nothing definite yet so far as I know...competetion will survive on 9 teams

Nothing definite yet so far as I know...competetion will survive on 9 teams

You could be right, I'm hearing the push for Hamilton to come into the HFNL is pretty strong. Portland will be strong in either league. I get the feeling Heywood's decision is pretty pivotal to the whole issue. It's going to be interesting.

You could be right, I'm hearing the push for Hamilton to come into the HFNL is pretty strong. Portland will be strong in either league. I get the feeling Heywood's decision is pretty pivotal to the whole issue. It's going to be interesting.

From what I hear heywood dont want to go...hope they dont!!! Hamilton wont get a clearance to go to a stronger league, haven't heard of portland wanting to leave and mount gambier teams and millicent have nowhere else to go so the WBFL will fight against a restructure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I hear heywood dont want to go...hope they dont!!! Hamilton wont get a clearance to go to a stronger league, haven't heard of portland wanting to leave and mount gambier teams and millicent have nowhere else to go so the WBFL will fight against a restructure.

Not sure where you are getting your mail from but from what I am told the mood in Heywood is heading towards the South West League - 7 winless seasons - No reserves - No A Grade Netball - it's a worry. It goes without saying that the WBFL are hell bent against this happening. As I have indicated this might be the starting domino. I think there is a bit going on behind the scenes in Hamilton and from what I can decipher there is also a bit going on in terms of the VCFL with AFL Victoria and a possible restructure in the region. Obviously a lot depends on what happens tonight, but I would not be surprised if a decision to move is the catalyst for massive changes on a number of levels which could see leagues recast in a major way.

Just a thought but is there any chance our VCFL rep in the area, ( you might ask who it is!!!!) Gerard Lucas could stand up and actually give some F***ing direction in the Heywood situation. He is quick to pull out his pass to get in the gate for free, but when asked to actually do something, he remains very silent!!!!

Get some balls man and stand up for footy in the South West!!!!!

Got to question the junior development with in the SW, AFL need to appoint a person with the area who can develop our young players, not a man who hasnt coached at any level for years, he is a great administrator but cant develop young players to be better .

The first contact with development coaches doesnt come until they get u18 level with North Ballarat Rebels. Way to late for any kids to improve, much easier to develop them at a younger age. Might account why we lack players from SW playing at a higher level.

Thoughts?????

Just a thought but is there any chance our VCFL rep in the area, ( you might ask who it is!!!!) Gerard Lucas could stand up and actually give some F***ing direction in the Heywood situation. He is quick to pull out his pass to get in the gate for free, but when asked to actually do something, he remains very silent!!!!

Get some balls man and stand up for footy in the South West!!!!!

Got to question the junior development with in the SW, AFL need to appoint a person with the area who can develop our young players, not a man who hasnt coached at any level for years, he is a great administrator but cant develop young players to be better .

The first contact with development coaches doesnt come until they get u18 level with North Ballarat Rebels. Way to late for any kids to improve, much easier to develop them at a younger age. Might account why we lack players from SW playing at a higher level.

Thoughts?????

Your point is well made, the issue is that we have a number of little kingdoms and no one that is prepared to take the game forward. If I am correct the goings on at the VCFL have not impressed those higher up the food chain. There are reviews going on at AFL Victoria that will have massive implications. It would be much better if those affected came to the table willingly rather than being forced. If you look at the number of players actual playing and the demographics there are some seriously scary figures around. Teams will fall over - it's been happening for 30 years and will continue to do so. Action will come but rather than being forced there needs to be a catalyst - this is it IMO.

Just my opinion.

Do you have any proof that afl victoria or the vcfl are looking at restructuring this region
or are you just stirring things up again!!! My opinion it is à impossible task, there will be alot of displaced clubs and the sa teams have nowhere to go. No club in its current state besides portland is capable of competing in the hampden league - they are not strong enough and dont have the financial backing. Is Afl victoria going to show preference towards the hampden league over the wbfl - i doubted. This subject is getting tired.....move on!!!

we have to wait and see if they will be allowed to go, if Imps could not go then they wont be able to....

west v north winner ????? west by 5pts
south v east winner south not by much, still think east maybe 2 quick

and the rest who cares

most annoying person in league Al Kennedy

we have to wait and see if they will be allowed to go, if Imps could not go then they wont be able to....

west v north winner ????? west by 5pts
south v east winner south not by much, still think east maybe 2 quick

and the rest who cares

most annoying person in league Al Kennedy
difference being the vcfl knocked imps back, do you really think they want heywood to stay in the wb.
heywood making this decision has made their day it just meant the vcfl didnt have to do it for them
end result is if heywood want to go, and they do they will be playing in sw next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back