Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

well freak you tool

do you know were pt mac and the likes get their players from, they get them from the mount.

mount teams drive 1-1/2 to play hamilton so going to keith only another 1/2 hr

IF AT FIRST IF YOU DONT SUCCEED, TRY AGAIN & AGAIN & AGAIN UNTIL YOU SUCCEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR GET WHAT YOU WANT!!!!!!!!

This will make sense in the following days or weeks.

Can WBFL survive with 8 teams????????????????????????????:):):)

anybody who thinks just merging the clubs is out of their mind,, show some respect to those clubs,, because one club in the whole south east is stuggling why does that mean everyother club has to leave their history behind and wat theyve worked hard for by merging with someone else....disrespectful to even say clubs should,, i would hope clubs have too much pride in their club, club name,, history, club life members to just say ok lets merge....

IF AT FIRST IF YOU DONT SUCCEED, TRY AGAIN & AGAIN & AGAIN UNTIL YOU SUCCEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR GET WHAT YOU WANT!!!!!!!!

Well you clearly lack the ability to count!!! 10 teams minus 1 equals 9!!! And that is if the vcfl lets them go. How about people get off the wbfl... theres alot of leagues and clubs that are struggling at the moment

Well you clearly lack the ability to count!!! 10 teams minus 1 equals 9!!! And that is if the vcfl lets them go. How about people get off the wbfl... theres alot of leagues and clubs that are struggling at the moment

Read between the lines, another one will seek to leave - again.

anybody who thinks just merging the clubs is out of their mind,, show some respect to those clubs,, because one club in the whole south east is stuggling why does that mean everyother club has to leave their history behind and wat theyve worked hard for by merging with someone else....disrespectful to even say clubs should,, i would hope clubs have too much pride in their club, club name,, history, club life members to just say ok lets merge....

I don't think anyone is suggesting forced mergers at all. However sustainability is the name of the game and as player numbers decline (an undeniable fact) then mergers will be a necessity. I'd much rather a merged club than no club.

From what I understand they would not want to wait until next week, as it will be too late to apply to move next season. The deadline Heywood was given was by the end of July. Given the due processes that need to be followed for a move to be accepted, they would need to have wheels (and paperwork) in motion now. I know there are other clubs in the Western Border who have wanted to move in the past, but is there another club in the Western Border right now in the same circumstances as Heywood? I hope the VCFL block Heywood's move, although I don't think they will, but I am sure they will block any other because there is no other club that has struggled on the field as consistently as Heywood. The Western Border is a good, strong viable league that offers the communities within it a lot of opportunities at a number of levels in both football and netball and it is a shame that the sharks seem to have smelled the blood in the water and are now circling.

You are correct the deadline to signify your intent to leave is the end of July. Heywood have already notified the VCFL of their intention. I would suggest to you that Olddunkeldboy is indicating another club may have done the same. The WBFL would be mad to block Heywood as it could result in their ultimate demise. Obviously they will block any other attempt - but that doesn't mean that the application should be completely ignored.

The SACFL has stated recently that the mount and millicent teams are far too strong for any comp they have in place. They also stated that penola and naracoorte would be strong enough to compete in the wbfl.
VCFL Ceo steve reaper has also stated the wbfl is safe even with 9 teams.
The swdfl made an informal offer to casterton to join but I believe they politely told them to stick it. Will the wbfl be on the lookout for a new club next year if heywood go?

I would think Casterton would be too strong for the swdfnl.
Plus Sandford, who compete in the comp are only 8km down the road.
I'm not sure they would be happy to have Casterton in.

Could it be a return to the South East Football Association which disbanded in 1936? Naracoorte, Penola, Millicent and a couple of the Mount Gambier sides played in that. (http://footypedia.isgreat.org/00004455.htm)

OH MY GOD,, i cant believe what im hearing,, the western border survived when penola left and also when coleraine left.. wat is wrong with the KNTFL staying the way it is,, all clubs there are fine, even kingston they have a lot of money just lost a lot of locals,, the mid south east is fine aswell, except for nanagwarry who ive been assured will bounce back, and the WBFL will be fine with only 9 teams.. No need for wholsale changes because one team left a league........Its happened before and everything was fine,

The moment you become complacent , you are going backwards. WBFL got complacent!! Maybe teams want to leave WBFL to improve there club , and challenge themselves in a better league, exposing themselves to new sponors and suring up the future for the club, it not about the whats happened in the past, its looking to the future.
While the sa\vic border this there , it will remain a problem. VCFL will deny it is an issue, but we all know it is!
Clubs have to take matters into there own hands, because of lack of leadership by VCFL. THey did a study couple of years ago about this area, but no results were released and no direction was given to what would happen in the future.

W Royboy you are on the money!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard from a reliable source today that Grant Russell will get his marching orders from Hamilton at the end of the season. Best possible outcome for the club. He has a poor coaching record in recent years and loves to spend huge money. The next coach should come from inside the club with a couple of good playing coach possibilities playing at the club this year.

bit behind the times mate i believe he told the club 6 weeks ago that he did not want to continue
Nah the club didn't want him so they told him that they were not going to renew his contract. Looks like Hanson will stay. Also see in the Warrnambool Standard today that Hamilton imperials are wanting to go to the Hampton Football League. they are dreaming the VCFL will not let them change leagues for the same reason as last time they do not hagve enough money and they could not come up with the required budget that they needed. Imps need to wake up to themselves on their own they will never have enough money to go to the Hampton. The only way is to Merge with Hamilton which is the best idea as at the moment both clubs are having their good players poached by minor league clubs. Good to see some loyal players staying at these clubs like Forsyth, Brewer, Crawford, the Gunning brothers

Can someone please explain to me why Hamilton and Imps think it is viable for them to move to the stronger Hampden FL. If they cannot be competitive in the WB why would they think they could do it in the HFL? Sponsorship is not worth FA in country footy so they can't use that one. This is a serious question!! Can someone explain how and why they think they would be better off in a stronger league??

Can someone please explain to me why Hamilton and Imps think it is viable for them to move to the stronger Hampden FL. If they cannot be competitive in the WB why would they think they could do it in the HFL? Sponsorship is not worth FA in country footy so they can't use that one. This is a serious question!! Can someone explain how and why they think they would be better off in a stronger league??

Been working over in warrnambool today and the mood over there is that they dont want imps. They think their football and netball teams aren' t up to standard. Spoke to a couple of imps boys today and they dont know anything about a transfer. So has the club acted without consulting players or is the warrnambool standard full of shit as they normally are!!!!

Difference between top and bottom sides very evident with yesterdays score between Portland and Casterton. Portland win by over 100 points with J & W Imbi, Anson, Bell and a couple of other likely finals senior players lining up in the reserves. I guess the question is are we happy with these large differences to continue for years to come or would we prefer a more even comp. Personally I would hate to see Casterton go to a lower league...but are we just holding onto tradition if things continue on the same. I like the idea of a two to three divisioned league with promotion and relegation giving sides incentive to strive to be the best they can be.

Difference between top and bottom sides very evident with yesterdays score between Portland and Casterton. Portland win by over 100 points with J & W Imbi, Anson, Bell and a couple of other likely finals senior players lining up in the reserves. I guess the question is are we happy with these large differences to continue for years to come or would we prefer a more even comp. Personally I would hate to see Casterton go to a lower league...but are we just holding onto tradition if things continue on the same. I like the idea of a two to three divisioned league with promotion and relegation giving sides incentive to strive to be the best they can be.

And what do you suggest the SA teams do? They have made a good contribution towards vcfl especially with representative footy. Its disappointing what peoples point are views are towards sa teams being part of the vcfl.

Wasn't having a shot at SA teams being part of the VCFL. Having Vic and SA teams creates a cross border rivalry for sure. I see your point that travel would rule out the SA teams. Do wonder though what future country leagues might look like.

Wasn't having a shot at SA teams being part of the VCFL. Having Vic and SA teams creates a cross border rivalry for sure. I see your point that travel would rule out the SA teams. Do wonder though what future country leagues might look like.

I liked the sound of Simon Bampfields '3 division western football' idea in the paper saturday. didn't do much for the SA teams, but I'm sure they could have the same type of thing over there too..(?)

Did anyone else see the piece? any thoughts?

I think they believe that they may be able to retain more players and encourage players that are currently playing in surrounding leagues to join them if they go that way.

enough of the talk about who going and who is not, lets talk footy.

its about time Hamilton got rid of Russel, spent a lot of money for nothing.

finals should be great, west back to full strength and with josh ransom playing they will get better. Portland should also be back to full strength as well.

North and east have a lot of injuries, still out on south see how they go this week against portland

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back