Western Border Football League - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
from all reports West was to skillful and quick in the wet, to hold a team to 2 points till 3 quarter time means you have to be doing some thing right, you have to rememeber that average of west is 21 and millicent was 28. if south makes it you would think that they would be fav due to their experience but the youth of today dont worry about nerves, so it will be a good game and hopefully the weather will be ok:D

What an unbelieveable win by the saints, there wouldnt be one person that wouldve given them a chance of beating south?? We are in for a classic, 2 teams who started the year just looking to gain some long-awaited respect are now going for the ultimate prize.

West will start favourites due to their 2nd semi mauling of millicent but it will be a totally different match in the dry of mac park. Expect a massive crowd and a cracking game.

What an unbelieveable win by the saints, there wouldnt be one person that wouldve given them a chance of beating south?? We are in for a classic, 2 teams who started the year just looking to gain some long-awaited respect are now going for the ultimate prize.

West will start favourites due to their 2nd semi mauling of millicent but it will be a totally different match in the dry of mac park. Expect a massive crowd and a cracking game.

Good luck to both teams this weekend. Should be a classic and a new chapter for either winner.

well the race has almost been run and won, who is everyones tips on the winner of the game and who will win best on ground and who will be influential in the result

Well done to West and Millicent. Great things for those clubs and the WBFL. What are you on about Big ant with Ransom?

Well done to West and Millicent. Great things for those clubs and the WBFL. What are you on about Big ant with Ransom?
Not having the West Gambier playing group at yesterdays game...apparently chose the mid se grand final to soak up on and experience grand final atmosphere, only saw one player from west at the game. Each to there own, but has touch of arrogance about it.

Not having the West Gambier playing group at yesterdays game...apparently chose the mid se grand final to soak up on and experience grand final atmosphere, only saw one player from west at the game. Each to there own, but has touch of arrogance about it.
Agree thats a strange one.

Very strange but that is entirely west gambiers decision, cant see the logic behind it myself?

Interested to know who the majority of people think will win and is this different to who you want to win? Whose going to have the crowd support?

Very strange but that is entirely west gambiers decision, cant see the logic behind it myself?

Interested to know who the majority of people think will win and is this different to who you want to win? Whose going to have the crowd support?

Think West will win by 5 goals. Will be a cracking game, both sides match up reasonably well, but think west midfield is way to fast and skillful compared to millicent. Think both teams will have heaps of support due to not being so successful for a long time. Think we may even see a gate inexceed of $40,000 due to these 2 teams playing of in the grandfinal.

Yes agree that wests pacy midfielders are defnitly their biggest asset. They have to be favourite but interesting to note a few south gambier supporters commenting on the lack of respect millicent has received all year in the media and the wb community. Everyone is waiting for them to fall over STILL. West would want to be on their game, cant wait

Think West will win by 5 goals. Will be a cracking game, both sides match up reasonably well, but think west midfield is way to fast and skillful compared to millicent. Think both teams will have heaps of support due to not being so successful for a long time. Think we may even see a gate inexceed of $40,000 due to these 2 teams playing of in the grandfinal.
It will be a beauty i think, a big plus for the saints is they have a good record of playing at Macdonald park, it suits there game plan. The saints confidence will be sky high after a great morale boosting win over the demons, and should be a big following of saints supporters there.

ant you a tool, if you think it was arrogant of west not to show up and watch south v mill. you ever thought that the boys from west may have been supporting some of their mates from both mdse clubs, the coach of mt burr is and former west player and frenchy and co all have links to west.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

likeapuma is back for one last comment. i think its a smart desicion by hooker not to take his team to the prelim final. his players get to take there mind off who they will manning up on and just watch a good game of footy. my tip is west gambier by 17 points and the vcfl medal winner will be jacka ryan who will kick 6 goals playing across half forward and in the middle.

ant you a tool, if you think it was arrogant of west not to show up and watch south v mill. you ever thought that the boys from west may have been supporting some of their mates from both mdse clubs, the coach of mt burr is and former west player and frenchy and co all have links to west.
Wrong time of the year to be taking your eye off the ball. Would have thought West could have learned something watching the game...1 percent can win you a grand final....or lose it.

time will only tell if hooker did the right thing
and if that means a win = did the right thing and lose = wrong thing i think he will be proven right
should be a great game of footy though

Will be great to see two sides starved of success battle it off for the cup.

West will be full of confidence after their win in the Second Semi, and Id say the Saints will have their tails up after beating South for only the second time in 17 years.

Hoping for good conditions and a good game of footy.

Hoping the Saints can get the choccies and I think they will by 3 goals in a cracking game.

Either way a great effort from Coach Dean and all the players to get Millicent not only in the finals but to a Grand Final.

Also hats off to Ransom and the boys at West.

quite humorous to see vaughan hockleys comment about not supporting west after he was rubbed out for 2 weeks for striking jarrad ryan. i work with a bloke from portland and he reckons hock is the nicest bloke ul ever meet and ryan mustve done something pretty dirty. Alot of support going the saints way from south gambier too after some bad blood was spilt in the south v west clashes this year. heath sims and jon copping apparently went into the rooms after the game and mentioned they were right behind the saints

quite humorous to see vaughan hockleys comment about not supporting west after he was rubbed out for 2 weeks for striking jarrad ryan. i work with a bloke from portland and he reckons hock is the nicest bloke ul ever meet and ryan mustve done something pretty dirty. Alot of support going the saints way from south gambier too after some bad blood was spilt in the south v west clashes this year. heath sims and jon copping apparently went into the rooms after the game and mentioned they were right behind the saints

Pretty sure Vaughan Hockley got tool of the year at WB medal count by the sounds of it. Looks like he holds a grudge againts Jacka Ryan and if everyone held a grudge like he does no one would like him with his record at the the tribunal. Think a lot of teams found it difficult loosing to the teams such as Millicent, West and Heywood as they have been the easybeats of the league for quiet sometime. Looks like everyone is againts West in the final so i hope they stick it up everyone!!

Vaughan Hockley is a gentleman, therefore I would be giving a fair bit of credence to what he is saying.

In reality it's a win/win for the league, both sides starved of success for a long long time.

Yes ive playon hock this year and he seems like a top bloke. Couple of injury disappointments for the saints, the tilley brothers darryn and brad, both cut down by injury this year with a popped shoulder and broken arm respectively. Both represented club and interleague sides over the last 10 years. Any west gambier injury heartache?

2 sides to jacka story, as far as i am concern both him and hockley were at fault and got what they deserve. as far as south boys supporting the saints is sower grapes, as a previous writer said millicent and west have been easy beats for years and now they have some success every one wants to can them. from the rumours coming from south copping will be sacked all not well there and some players heading else where to play.

to millicent and west have a good clean game and footy will be the winner expecting a big crowd

Yes ive playon hock this year and he seems like a top bloke. Couple of injury disappointments for the saints, the tilley brothers darryn and brad, both cut down by injury this year with a popped shoulder and broken arm respectively. Both represented club and interleague sides over the last 10 years. Any west gambier injury heartache?
When did Darryn play interleague????

He was my u/18 interleague captain when we went to melbourne. He came and trained with us at east a few times. Along with the dodd boys as some of the best players i ever played against

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back