Western Border Football League - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talented midfielder/forward Brad Thomas is leaving Imperials to play with Port Fairy in the Hampden Football League.
A big loss after a huge amount of departures from the Kennel already.....

Imps will miss others before Brad Thomas. Played only a handful of games last year. If he was a bit more dedicated it would be more of a loss. Apparently numbers are pretty good on the track at Imps. Always seem to lose a few after a succesful season, the minor clubs seem to target Imps a lot. If you notice last year Imps had about 36 clearances yet still made the seniors and reserves GF's, under 18s weren't too far behind either, so Imps supporters shouldn't be too concerned at the moment.

Stringer will be a handy inclusion for South if he is anything like he was when he left.

Does anyone know where the pre-season competition is being held this year?

Imps will miss others before Brad Thomas. Played only a handful of games last year. If he was a bit more dedicated it would be more of a loss. Apparently numbers are pretty good on the track at Imps. Always seem to lose a few after a succesful season, the minor clubs seem to target Imps a lot. If you notice last year Imps had about 36 clearances yet still made the seniors and reserves GF's, under 18s weren't too far behind either, so Imps supporters shouldn't be too concerned at the moment.

Stringer will be a handy inclusion for South if he is anything like he was when he left.

Does anyone know where the pre-season competition is being held this year?

Yeah true about Brad, but it'd be bitterly disappointing if he has a big year with the Seagulls.
Disappointing that he couldnt put in last season like he did in 2006-07.
Stringer is still a gun, he has been the No.1 player in MSEFL for the past four years.
Expect a big year from him, and, South Gambier in 2009.

Yeah true about Brad, but it'd be bitterly disappointing if he has a big year with the Seagulls.
Disappointing that he couldnt put in last season like he did in 2006-07.
Stringer is still a gun, he has been the No.1 player in MSEFL for the past four years.
Expect a big year from him, and, South Gambier in 2009.

big call champ, just cast your mind back 12 months, brad made himself and a certain spectator reporter look very very silly on the back page with an article that was just wrong.

it would be good for him to go to another level, but would need to show a hell of a lot more committment than he did in 2008. struggled to get to training at melville oval, pretty tough to drive a hour to training and back in the dead of winter. good luck to him if port fairy are going to offer the big bucks then he may as well take it!!!!

Probably did make the Hamilton Spectator look silly at the time, but I guess they can only go by what people say. and I'm pretty sure Brad was adament he was off to the Hampden league.
He's up to playing in the Hampden, no one will deny that ... he'll have a big year.

Any news on players coming back to Imps ... word on the street is Sam McGee will pull on the red, white and blue

whats happenig down at portland? hear james imbi might not be playing there this season, any truth to this??? what about any new recruits. most clubs would be back into training should be some whispers out and about

I might just add to this little debate .... I don't know Chris Huggins but saw him play at Penshurst and he is okay, only okay. Brad White is a quality player though and things just went a little pair-shaped this year for some reason or another.
Being from Penshurst you have probably only seen him play a couple of times.
For the record, Brad Falkenberg is a better player than both of them and he has the capability, if switched on, to kick 100 goals next season.

Are you serious about Falkenberg being a good player now? I can honestly say I was a very average defender, with limited ability and I pantsed him twice playing reserves footy when he was playing for Hamilton Magpies in 2003-04. He must have come on a bit in the last few seasons if he is now touted as a 100 goal per season prospect. And to save everyone the trouble of bagging my comment... I'll put up the "My Hero" pictures... LOL. :thumbsu:

sticker.jpg

whats happenig down at portland? hear james imbi might not be playing there this season, any truth to this??? what about any new recruits. most clubs would be back into training should be some whispers out and about

word out of portland is that james imbi has been trainin. couldnt see why he wouldnt play.

One would think it extremely difficult for J.Imbi to be in two place at once. Unless he's been able to master some type of time travel that we dont know about, he is in Darwin at the mo playing for Palmerston. Going OS after that stint. Fact.

One would think it extremely difficult for J.Imbi to be in two place at once. Unless he's been able to master some type of time travel that we dont know about, he is in Darwin at the mo playing for Palmerston. Going OS after that stint. Fact.

Mate you are right about 1 thing. He is going OS.
You are completely wrong about him being in Darwin.
Gee it must have been a different J. Imbi that was at touch footy last night then was it?
He WAS in Darwin playin footy. He IS in Portland at the moment. Fact.

Mate you are right about 1 thing. He is going OS.
You are completely wrong about him being in Darwin.
Gee it must have been a different J. Imbi that was at touch footy last night then was it?
He WAS in Darwin playin footy. He IS in Portland at the moment. Fact.
J Imbi is in Darwin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

adam merrett will play for penola 100%

Millicent looked like they might be a team on the rise

Heard another rumour that marcus england is not playing at portland and that he is moving to geelong???

adam merrett will play for penola 100%

Millicent looked like they might be a team on the rise

Heard another rumour that marcus england is not playing at portland and that he is moving to geelong???

What about his contract w West !?

Whats happening with the VCFL website !? while the vcfl have done a great job updating it brilliantly, you can't get into clearances any more !?
And i think the wb league needs look at there own display and letter font's, second rate to other major country leagues....

im not sure whats gonna happen as far as his contract goes, but 100% he aint playing there.
he has legit reasons reasons for not wanting to play there.

im not sure whats gonna happen as far as his contract goes, but 100% he aint playing there.
he has legit reasons reasons for not wanting to play there.
Any chance he may have to sit out the year. Don't think West will let him walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back