Western Border Football League - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haggett vs Ryan/Pearce...i'll back Squiddy over those two any day !!cplea ex tant now southee's rubished millicent after they one the ******* cup. NO flipping different to south winning the two's flag last yr, coz wb two's is equillavent mse 1's. WB any day !!

Well the first round has been an interesting one. Not suprised the tigers won...but the margin was a surprise. Thought the cats would be round about the mark. Great wins by West, Millicent and East. Will be some sides looking to redeem themselves in rnd 2.

Well the first round has been an interesting one. Not suprised the tigers won...but the margin was a surprise. Thought the cats would be round about the mark. Great wins by West, Millicent and East. Will be some sides looking to redeem themselves in rnd 2.

well well well........ i was once told money cant buy you happyness!!!!!!

Umpiring in the West V's Heywood game was a disgrace, the umpires clearly favoured west, umpires should be ashamed with their performance. Awful. They should be running around in their green uniform because after that effort they were clearly beginners.

I think we can now officially open the can of 'woop ass'.
Good luck rest of the comp.

SHUT THE GATE.

It is now a matter of who Heywood play in the grand final.

Hold you to that. :thumbsu:

Hmmm.

Heard Ransom say this morning that whilst they (heywood) bought in these gun's. That one area that they wud struggle wud be there backline & that wud be 1 area west wud take advantage of thru ryan etc etc...
And it obviously worked.

Umpireing was fair in the saints/north game, i thought one man in orange did'nt have any idea but as a whole the other bloke saw it as he seen it and called it !!
Portland looks like they'll be around the mark again...surely Casterton are'nt overated despite there biig in's !?

While you look at the teams that have recruited big names, is it possible people seem to have forgotten that while they have potential to kick scores and win games, the ball still has to get down there, and if it cant get there they'll continue to flounder. IMO nevertheless...

Umpiring in the West V's Heywood game was a disgrace, the umpires clearly favoured west, umpires should be ashamed with their performance. Awful. They should be running around in their green uniform because after that effort they were clearly beginners.

As long as we have shortages of umpires in country footy, theres no real need to rip them. Umps need to start somewhere........

Worrying thing for Heywood is Johns kicked 5 goals and him, big Mal and Smith were all in the best.....and they lost. Is this a true reflection? Hope for Heywood they bounce back this week.

can any1 tell me how justin mcconnell played saturday i know they lost ..

king wrecker:diamond::diamond::diamond::diamond:

As I said earlier in the thread. Didnt play too bad.

Started really well and didnt seem to have an opponent for the first quarter. Has good disposal but tries to get a lot of cheapies.

Always have a choice to put on the orange outfit and have a go yourself.

If your good enough you will win regardless of the umpires. Especially with how much the Lions have been talked up in the off season. Like they just had to show up to win the flag. Might be a nice wake up call for them.

Oi cobba, were you there? did you see that shit effort of umpiring? I will gladly put on a orange top and it wont be hard to do better then them idiots. Just because heywood had big recruits doesnt mean the umpires treat them like there different.:eek:

Oi cobba, were you there? did you see that shit effort of umpiring? I will gladly put on a orange top and it wont be hard to do better then them idiots. Just because heywood had big recruits doesnt mean the umpires treat them like there different.:eek:
Great to see you put your hand up to take up umpiring, training is Tuesday and Thursday night at Grant High School at 5.30 S.A. time and I will let them know you will be there and ready to do Agrade field umpiring ( or are you all P--- and Wind ) and no I am not an umpire are a supporter of West or Heywood, I just went along to see the game and all the recruits. Yes the umpires in my opinon make some mistakes, but so did a lot of the big name players. And I believe that the Heywood coach was out Coached by Hooker Ransom and it seemed to me that West were more committed to winning as Heywood looked as if they were waiting for the big guns to do it for them. So when I drive past Grant High on Tuesday Night I will see a new umpire strutting his stuff on the track " GREAT TO SEE YOU BACK UP YOUR WORDS WITH ACTION and not just another umpire bashing big mouth "

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why is all the talk about heywood?! they werent the only team to lose in the first round...i believe another highly rated team got beaten by a side everybody had written off?!!?

why is all the talk about heywood?! they werent the only team to lose in the first round...i believe another highly rated team got beaten by a side everybody had written off?!!?
Totally agree with you there were two other highly rated sides that were beaten by sides that a few had written off one S.A. and one from Vic besides Heywood

its funny how after 1 round that everyone bags heywood out again...i didnt hear anyone say heywood would go through the season undefeated, so i dont know why after 1 loss yas put the focus strait back on them...anybody that has played footy knows it takes more than 1 week for a side with recruits to gel together and figure out each others style of play.
great wins by east gambier and portland on the weekend, especially after being written off by everyone.

i went and watched the game and thought so too. and im a netural supporter. every inconsistant umpiring. wondering if west player stuart mclaughlin and umpire of the game bruce mclaughlin are related??

Whilst it may not be hot off the press to their respective clubs but not good for Dylan Kent (Cast) - Kelly (Imps) & Troy Hosking (Mill) going down with serious knee injuries in the opening round; more than likely season ending !!

Word around these parts is Kelly will miss 8-10 weeks, which is a huge loss, and the Dogs will also be without their Captain and Vice Captain Hamish Waldron 4-6 weeks and Adam Keilar 3-4 weeks. The Dogs finished with only 14 fit players on the ground, and played the majority of the 2nd half with only 17 players due to injuries. Waldron went down 5 minutes into the game, Kelly first got injured 10 minutes in and Keilar's shoulder went half way through last qtr but he stayed on. Makes for a huge test against Heywood coming off an unexpected loss.
My tips for this week
South v Millicent 12pts
Portland v East 35pts
Hamilton v Casterton 7pts
Heywood v Imperials 30pts
North v West 17pts

clearly the person that said heywood will win every game is either not fit mentally or just likes stirring things up

all this talk about the umpiring...well boo hooo
every person player supporter or whatever thinks the umps are against them, or a certain person, it is all garbage
as someone else said a little earlier if you think that its so bad get a whistle and do a better job
after all we are here to talk about footy not the umps, whenever someone brings up umpires it is just an excuse, a flat out excuse for not being good enough

anyway selections
South v Millicent 32pts
Portland v East 18pts
Hamilton v Casterton 22pts
Heywood v Imperials 65pts
North v West 10pts

I think the saints will get over south this weekend and if they do coppings boys will be 0-2 when would the last time south started 0-2 in a season

my tips are:

south vs millicent by 15

portland vs east by 20

heywood vs imps by 82

hamilton vs casterton by 10

north vs west by 6

south will get their first win of the season, capewell to kick another bag...east will be on a high after defeating south, but wont be good enough to beat portland at home....heywood will account for an injury depleted imps......casterton will fallover the line after a disappointing start to the year.....west will beat north in a close game that could go either way depending on how much support key players ryan (west) and flett (north) can get.

my tips are:

south vs millicent by 15

portland vs east by 20

heywood vs imps by 82

hamilton vs casterton by 10

north vs west by 6

south will get their first win of the season, capewell to kick another bag...east will be on a high after defeating south, but wont be good enough to beat portland at home....heywood will account for an injury depleted imps......casterton will fallover the line after a disappointing start to the year.....west will beat north in a close game that could go either way depending on how much support key players ryan (west) and flett (north) can get.

Millicent and South will be a very good game of footy. Cant wait for it. Think Capewell will have a hard time kicking a bag. Especially if Duldig plays on him given his current form.

Anymore news on Hosking BigAnt? Huge loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back