Western Border Football League - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first half was without a doubt the single worst umpiring display I have ever seen in any sport, was so bad that North and Millicent supporters a like were saying it was a disgrace and blantanty biased.

The first quarter was a farce. Would of been at least 20 free kicks to Millicent about 2. Including a great free kick where one of the Millicent guys had his head over the ball, got smashed in the head and got the free kick paid against him.

It wasnt just some of the decisions. It was the fact that one Umpire in particular took at least 20 seconds to pay a decision. It was like he was processing what had just happened and whether or not he should pay a free. By time he blew his whistle that play was over. Was the reason Sullivan got sent off, didnt pay a decision so they went on with the play, decides something 20 seconds before warrants a free kick adds to that what happened after = sending off.

And McConell... well what can I say may as well of been umpiring the game really. Every time he called for a free he got it. Unsure what needs to happen for a holding the ball decision against him as well.

That being said Millicent were a disgrace on the weekend. No matter how bad the umpiring their display was worse.
portland get shit umpiring like that every week

tank carter odonovan are 3

1. Clinton Cowell
2. Ollie O'donaven
3. Joel Carter
4. Tim O'brien ( Young fella most of you's don't know him, showed what he can do against Heywood. Will go very far in his footy career ) only 16
5. Kayn'e O'brien
6. Stewie Mcglaughlin
7. Daron Mcelroy
8. Rowan Fox - Heard he is not to far off coming back from his 2nd knee reco and looking good.

Are there any Heywood supporters out there concerned about Mal Michael playing in the E.J. Whitten Allstars game - cos there was plenty who argued about him not playing interleague. Same kinda thing don't you think.
mal played last year when he was with darnum, we all caught a bus down and supported him and got quite rowdy (blind), was an excellent night out!!! and way better than training!!

No doubt he is a good player, and would be a top 3 player in the league, but don't know about best. He kicked 3 goals in the last quater that sealed the game, but that was due to how the ball was coming into him. Pretty hard to stop anyone when the ball is kicked to your advantage. He is a reciever, and gets a lot of his possessions from running behind a player who has marked the ball. He uses the ball very well, and if u can can tag him out of the game your on your way to beating them. It showed when he got tagged in the 3rd quater against west how u can stop him. Think they experimented a bit against North and thought west did a pretty good job considering they had 8 players out of there starting team to North who had a full team with Adam Creek and Liam Downs - Wooley and Kingsley Clark ( if u call him an A grader ) playing B Grade.
I have seen McCONNELL play a few games this year and to call him a reciever is a bit harsh yes he doe`s use his football brain and gets in the right position to recieve the ball but he is also at the bottom of packs as well. He also gets a a bit of punishment just look at the treatment he got against Millicent when they tried to be physical with him. Is he the best footballer in the league GOOD QUESTION is the smartest thinking footballer i would say yes. I don`t think Hooker was experimenting against North as I know he really wanted to win to keep top spot, and i think he has some player issues especially with one player who thinks he is the most important player in the side and everything revolves around him, and when you have a good player on him he goes missing or tries and belts them. It was interesting to hear the comments on radio from and ex umpire who I have umpired with and is now back coaching saying that he would have had this player of the ground in the second quarter for his lack of commitment and letting the team by not applying pressure to his opponent. I think West will be around the mark if they don`t get injuries as they don`t have much depth but do have a couple of good under 18`s

I have seen McCONNELL play a few games this year and to call him a reciever is a bit harsh yes he doe`s use his football brain and gets in the right position to recieve the ball but he is also at the bottom of packs as well. He also gets a a bit of punishment just look at the treatment he got against Millicent when they tried to be physical with him. Is he the best footballer in the league GOOD QUESTION is the smartest thinking footballer i would say yes. I don`t think Hooker was experimenting against North as I know he really wanted to win to keep top spot, and i think he has some player issues especially with one player who thinks he is the most important player in the side and everything revolves around him, and when you have a good player on him he goes missing or tries and belts them. It was interesting to hear the comments on radio from and ex umpire who I have umpired with and is now back coaching saying that he would have had this player of the ground in the second quarter for his lack of commitment and letting the team by not applying pressure to his opponent. I think West will be around the mark if they don`t get injuries as they don`t have much depth but do have a couple of good under 18`s

Seen North play twice this season against West dont support either of them but your assessment is pretty good in my opinion.:thumbsu:

There is no doubt Hooker was trying to win the game, but i'm pretty sure he changed a few things up with nothing to loose. I'm guessing your talking about Jarrod Ryan, I agree he was very ordinary on the day, but coming off a good solid month of NO football at all because off injury and personal problems why wouldn't you leave a good player out there to get back into it and get into some form. If you'd had seen all his games till Portland no one can stop him and is arguably the best player in the league. On the radio would have been ex West player Bruce Lacey before leaving to North who has never had a descent word to say about WEST and thinks the sun shines out of his ass!!!

There is no doubt Hooker was trying to win the game, but i'm pretty sure he changed a few things up with nothing to loose. I'm guessing your talking about Jarrod Ryan, I agree he was very ordinary on the day, but coming off a good solid month of NO football at all because off injury and personal problems why wouldn't you leave a good player out there to get back into it and get into some form. If you'd had seen all his games till Portland no one can stop him and is arguably the best player in the league. On the radio would have been ex West player Bruce Lacey before leaving to North who has never had a descent word to say about WEST and thinks the sun shines out of his ass!!!
don't see much of Ryan but saw him in the Portland game. Was on fire in that game until he wacked O'brien.

I would like to correct you on one point the person you mentioned never played for West ( he was actually appointed Senior coach a number of years back before internal politics removed him before the season started big mistake) and I know him very well and he holds a lot of people at the club in very high regard and thinks the club has a very good future under Hooker and believes he will develope the younger players very well. And about the sun shine we all have our opinion of people as I said before I know him personally and he is a very passionate man about everthing he does and some people might see it as you do. But it was a great game of football one of the best games I have seen in this league for a number of years.

Hey guys, was wandering if someone could tell me how josh "hooker" ransom is goin this yr? is he still at east and how does he rate in your league? is oldman hooker coaching again? cheers

who are some of these u18s, because the 18s team doesnt seem to be travelling too strongly
The players are Tim O`Brien, Josh Jones, Todd McPartlin, Dylan Walsh and Trent Badman. O`Brien and Walsh are still under 16`s, with the right developement they will be good footballers for the club.

Hey guys, was wandering if someone could tell me how josh "hooker" ransom is goin this yr? is he still at east and how does he rate in your league? is oldman hooker coaching again? cheers

josh isnt going to badly from what ive heard and seen...he is playing with west where old man hooker is coaching...i would rate him as one of wests best players and in the top 15 players in the league...do others agree or disagree?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone have a report on yesterdays clash between Portland & Millicent; must have been a good game from a Millicent point of view.

Not sure what you mean by that, nothing much that we've noticed...

btw, not a bad effort by the heywood ressies kickin 20 odd goals in the wet windy weather yesterday....

The coach is on the verge of walking and the Melbourne recruits are not far off too. Apparently the club are having financial difficulties.
Players have not received match payments either.
What is worse, there is still 2 months of football to go. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::confused:

The coach is on the verge of walking and the Melbourne recruits are not far off too. Apparently the club are having financial difficulties.
Players have not received match payments either.
What is worse, there is still 2 months of football to go. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::confused:

How good is your source? I've spoken to the coach and some of those players you mentioned this week and that is the first I have heard of them considering walking. In fact I got quite a different impression about how they felt about how things were going at Heywood. And are you certain players have not recieved payments yet? They're some big statements. Hard to believe given the money coming in with the crowds coming through the gates every week that the club would be in financial trouble. I certainly hope that you're just pedalling the usual Keppel rumours and there is nothing in that.

How good is your source? I've spoken to the coach and some of those players you mentioned this week and that is the first I have heard of them considering walking. In fact I got quite a different impression about how they felt about how things were going at Heywood. And are you certain players have not recieved payments yet? They're some big statements. Hard to believe given the money coming in with the crowds coming through the gates every week that the club would be in financial trouble. I certainly hope that you're just pedalling the usual Keppel rumours and there is nothing in that.

Shaky at best.

But I was told this weekend could be the last we see of the Melb recruits.

Bolded would only assume you're apart of the Heywood FC? Or did you just slip up?

Why would you ask that question when you're apart of the club?

Something tells me that Brad Sinclair (kingofbighits) is using this forum as a smoke screen for when he takes up a coaching job back in Gippsland. Koorumburra FC springs to mind. Tell everyone you're not being paid, so that when you bail out on the club, people can think that you wern't getting paid.

Jig is up Sinclair, you're going to leave Heywood at seasons end but why piss on the clubs name on the way out the door? Just leave, no need to sling shit at a club that has done the right thing by you.

You were quoted in a Gippsland paper some 6/8 weeks that you'd love to get back closer to Melbourne, your words not the papers. People only have to browse over your posts and they are very bipola like. Sometimes you refer to the club as we and other times it's does anyone know whats going on at Heywood. Who are you trying to kid treating the entire thread like they are muppets.

You are a true car salesman with not one ounce of integrity. In final, Heywood FC's Shane Evans has a little to answer for, for not ringing Sinclairs former club for a reference. Brad Sinclair is a fraud that coached a premiership last season with an open cheque book, Stevie Wonder with ear plugs could have coached that flag.

I stand to be corrected, but let's just see how it pans out shall we.

This is not Sinclair.
The club is seriously out of money. This week I doubt you will see any of the Melb recruits. No smokescreens here. I guess we will see how the club go without the Melb 4????.
Maybe you should play, we'll need your passion.

went down to watch dunny in his 200th man still has wat it takes, from wat i seen saturday brad smith ont play again this season. wat looked to be a pretty nasty knee injury.
be sad for heywood if u are correct KOBT.

So you admit you know what's going on at the Heywood FC, but, your past posts ask 'does anyone know about Heywood FC about to implode'.

Why would you ask the forum when you seem to know what's going on at the club? Who are you trying to kid? If you care about the Heywood FC, like your previous posts suggests, why air the so called expected problems the club may face? Hidden agenda perhaps?

I think people that read this thread can put 2 + 2 together and answer it with 4. You're Brad Sinclair and now the entire thread knows it.

Got the low down from the boys. You do realise that most of the committee have sons playing in the team. This is seriously not Sinclair the coach, so please stop saying that. I have only brought up what has come to light over the last few weeks. From what I have been told, the club will be battling to pay players beyond this weekend. So my calculations would see that some drongo has misbudgeted and is 6-8 weeks out. Yes, this is my club but who on earth could get that soooo wrong. I'm not talking 1 or 2 weeks being short, I'm talking a third of the season. I'm not a brain surgeon or math guru but I thought the season was 18+finals not 13 games. You can try and explain yourself but I think you know that sh*t is finally about to hit the fan..

Got the low down from the boys. You do realise that most of the committee have sons playing in the team. This is seriously not Sinclair the coach, so please stop saying that. I have only brought up what has come to light over the last few weeks. From what I have been told, the club will be battling to pay players beyond this weekend. So my calculations would see that some drongo has misbudgeted and is 6-8 weeks out. Yes, this is my club but who on earth could get that soooo wrong. I'm not talking 1 or 2 weeks being short, I'm talking a third of the season. I'm not a brain surgeon or math guru but I thought the season was 18+finals not 13 games. You can try and explain yourself but I think you know that sh*t is finally about to hit the fan..

I don't give a rats clacker who you are mate. But you and our shaved ham mate are putting things out in a public forum, true or otherwise, that regardless of their validity could be fairly damaging to MY football netball club. That tells me neither of YOU give a rats clacka about that club. And if you think you do care about MY club stop and think about the forum you are choosing to wage your little personal vendettas for what ever reasons you have and if you still don't get it you're pretty thick. A lot of people have done a lot of hard work to get our little club to where it is now from a long way behind the field and it'd be a terrible shame for a couple of pencil neck tossers to derail that. And if you know the club at all you'll know who I am, so come and talk to me on Tuesday about your concerns and we'll see if we can sort them out.

Some interesting results on the weekend. The only teams that appear certain to play finals would be West and South.
Who will fill the other 3 spots in the 5.
My guess would be Portland and Millicent, and maybe East to snatch 5th?
Would certainly be a costly exercise for Heywood if they were to miss out!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back