Western Border Football League - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the deal.....if a milk bar owner recruited a former ceo of a supermarket chain to improve their performance there would be some problems. The former ceo would demand a higher level of professionalism and expertise, and the milk bar owner may struggle in these areas, not understand why and even be forced into a situation of changing when they didnt expect to be changing. Likewise coutry football clubs need to think carefully about what they need to do to improve their on and off field performance. Clubs who say they want to be more professional and win more games should think clearly what it will require for them to change.

I agree! I think it's a disgrace what he is doing. It's going to ruin the Heywood Football Club. In saying that, things may have been different if the board had of handled the recruiting process different.
But also, I wonder if Brad Sinclair would have a different view if Heywood had've been in the top 5. It seems his whinging and slander talk has all come out after they started losing and weren't looking a very good chance of being in the finals.

After ranting and raving about how good he is and how shit the club of Heywood is, which is pretty much what he said in the papers, the committee, board and players should pack his bags for him tonight and tell him to F off and someone that actually loves the club can coach them tomorrow!

Ben Nash should coach the club next year.

As for recruiting, why not just play the local lads. Whether we win or not, it will be a locally based team.

You sound a little bitter shaved ham.
Why don't you just embrace and celebrate Heywoods season?.

Even though we just failed to qualify for finals, it has been a ground breaking season for the club. All our members will agree with this.

This year was baby steps in transforming the clubs losing culture in a step by step process, to making it more competitive and hopefully being in a position in a few years to have a crack at the flag. Remember we lost 43 games straight, so 8 wins is a great effort.
And please stop calling me Brad Sinclair. I am not him.

Fair level of commitment????????
What, get a chartered flight in Saturday, walk around for 100 minutes pick up a fat cheque and get straight on a plane and dont train??
Hey, i think mercenaries was a good call

The only way we can get recruits from outside our region to train is to change the last training night from Thursday to Friday.

This way, the recruits can overnight and play Saturday, then return home on Sunday. If we continue to train Thursday nights it is impossible for the recruits to be at their work the following morning. The other thing to consider is the 'out of towner' recruits will be away from from home from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon.
This will always be a thorn in our recruiting drive because of our location.

:D

so it has turned in to a mess at heywood, well watch out for hamilton as they too will end up the same way, heard a rumour that they signed an ex mid se player for 8k sign on and 500 a game and this player is past it. watch out hamilton you`re coach will break you

The only way we can get recruits from outside our region to train is to change the last training night from Thursday to Friday.

This way, the recruits can overnight and play Saturday, then return home on Sunday. If we continue to train Thursday nights it is impossible for the recruits to be at their work the following morning. The other thing to consider is the 'out of towner' recruits will be away from from home from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon.
This will always be a thorn in our recruiting drive because of our location.

recruits dont HAVE to travel. that was both the club and players choice
i would doubt that this happens next season so it is a moot point about training
funny king of big hits how you post like you are involved with heywood but have only said bad things about the board. same as brad sinclair has done.
i am yet to see ANY heywood person, whether they think the board has done a good job or not, not come out swinging against sinclair and what he has done to blatantly go out of his way and attempt to destroy the reputation of hfc. you are the only one. coincidence? i think not

:D

so it has turned in to a mess at heywood, well watch out for hamilton as they too will end up the same way, heard a rumour that they signed an ex mid se player for 8k sign on and 500 a game and this player is past it. watch out hamilton you`re coach will break you
you are right on the money willwonker
hope a fiora turns out more like courtney than mal :)

Ben Nash should coach the club next year.

As for recruiting, why not just play the local lads. Whether we win or not, it will be a locally based team.

nashy. is that you?
hahahaha ben nash to coach heywood? well you did say on win news the club wouldnt last 3 yrs. if you had your way and they signed ben nash it would b more like 2. :)

Now that the finals are upon us, will there be a changing of the guard of soughts.
Millicent has now a perfect opportunity to play in a grand final, first time since 89. I found it funny on saturday night how the so called 'footy know it alls' and thats what they are know it alls...:cool::D on 5SE results program that it was all doom & gloom and all about South Gambier missing out on the chance to finish top. Well get over it milo, give credit where it's due to both the saint's & west.
Millicent deserve the break just as much as South did !!!

What an opening week of finals we have; South vs West @ Vansitart pk & Portland vs North @ Island pk.

recruits dont HAVE to travel. that was both the club and players choice
i would doubt that this happens next season so it is a moot point about training
funny king of big hits how you post like you are involved with heywood but have only said bad things about the board. same as brad sinclair has done.
i am yet to see ANY heywood person, whether they think the board has done a good job or not, not come out swinging against sinclair and what he has done to blatantly go out of his way and attempt to destroy the reputation of hfc. you are the only one. coincidence? i think not

Well what do you propose the club do to recruit then?.

Now that the finals are upon us, will there be a changing of the guard of soughts.
Millicent has now a perfect opportunity to play in a grand final, first time since 89. I found it funny on saturday night how the so called 'footy know it alls' and thats what they are know it alls...:cool::D on 5SE results program that it was all doom & gloom and all about South Gambier missing out on the chance to finish top. Well get over it milo, give credit where it's due to both the saint's & west.

What an opening week of finals we have; South vs West @ Vansitart pk & Portland vs North @ Island pk.
Good on ya Big Ant. Why should South get a rest when they can't beat Casterton on their own ground. Good luck to your Saints.

Good on you Bigant but you are far too polite regarding the Mt.Gambier media. They are a bloody disgrace. They couldn't publish a picture of the Millicent U12 teams (3) nor the Millicent U14 team a week later, and they won the trifecta of shame by leaving the U16 team out later on too, yet could manage a full page plus spread of the Mount teams each time. Watched channel 8 lately? The only thing that comes close to their loathing is the WBFL, anyone would think the fairy, sorry family, league was the top standard around. I hope Millicent kicks arse.

news flash! south beaten, well who gives a toss, what should be higlighted is that millicent and west are playing in the finals for the first time in a long while:eek:. it would be good to see west beat south and set up a cracker jack game against the saints, north beat portland and then north knock of south, west beat saints, north beat saints grand final west v north huge crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You sound a little bitter shaved ham.
Why don't you just embrace and celebrate Heywoods season?.

Even though we just failed to qualify for finals, it has been a ground breaking season for the club. All our members will agree with this.

This year was baby steps in transforming the clubs losing culture in a step by step process, to making it more competitive and hopefully being in a position in a few years to have a crack at the flag. Remember we lost 43 games straight, so 8 wins is a great effort.
And please stop calling me Brad Sinclair. I am not him.

The penny just dropped, and I owe Brad an apology on one front because you are right, you are not him. But you are, or have been, very close to him.
Look, you're fairly new to the club, so I assume you're still getting up to speed with how a tight knit, country club works so I'll give you a bit of latitude.
But you will never achieve much coming out swinging like you have done earlier this season. As a club I am sure most at Heywood are happy to have your support, so long as you actually are supporting.
Either stick to making coffees or put your hand up and get on the board if you have so many great ideas about how it could work better, because taking pot shots does nothing constructive but stroke one's own ego.

Now lets move on. This should be one of the best finals series in years, which in turn will cap one of the most interesting and engrossing home and away seasons in years. Someone must be doing something right because no matter how much the old timers bleat on about the dropping standard it sure has been great to watch.

I have watched this closely all year. Heywood seem to be replicating the Mortlake model, which ultimately destroyed the club and left the town with components of three clubs playing games there but no united approach.

Heywood the club has been belted for years. People are sick and tired of it. They have had a good crack at it and I applaud the "better to die on your feet rather than live on your knees approach" but ultimately reality must set in.

Buying in high profile players on a weekly basis does nothing for your club in the longer term. Eventually it wears thin, the cash runs out, players leave and you will alienate some of your locals. Once this happens it's the end. Mal Michael's a great player - but he doesn't play for the love of it.

Reality says a step back to the South West league. Coleraine have flourished since doing so, it might be hard to contemplate but again it's reality.

Ultimately such a decision has bigger implications for the whole WBFL. Hamilton cannot continue to support two teams in the WBFL. Imps have already tried to go to the Hampden League and that will continue. Portland might also be interested in going that way.

Casterton could possibly be left in limbo. Clearly over time they have been a successful team but if the WBFL disbanded and went back along state lines they are in trouble if they want to stay in a major league.

This is reality, unfortunately not many people think along these lines or are prepared to do what is best for everyone.

Two points.
Ham, I see no point in unmasking anyone on these forums. What is to be gained? Fronting them face to face works better, but I just thought said person might liek to think about implications of their statements and what they are trying to achieve.

Onto Royboy. If Imperials were to move to Hampdon, could Hamilton continue to support one Hampdon and one Western Border team? If as you say the Western Border went along state lines or disbanded, could Hamilton support two Hampdon teams? It would seem both of these options would be just as tough, if not tougher, than current situation.
Personally with the Heywood situation I am rapt with performance of the club this year, it has given the locals hope and drive for the future.
Nothing against Coleraine for making the decision it did, but I don't know that it would be the right one for Heywood.

Two points.
Ham, I see no point in unmasking anyone on these forums. What is to be gained? Fronting them face to face works better, but I just thought said person might liek to think about implications of their statements and what they are trying to achieve.

Onto Royboy. If Imperials were to move to Hampdon, could Hamilton continue to support one Hampdon and one Western Border team? If as you say the Western Border went along state lines or disbanded, could Hamilton support two Hampdon teams? It would seem both of these options would be just as tough, if not tougher, than current situation.
Personally with the Heywood situation I am rapt with performance of the club this year, it has given the locals hope and drive for the future.
Nothing against Coleraine for making the decision it did, but I don't know that it would be the right one for Heywood.

Respect your opinion and I have no problem with what Heywood have tried to do this year. My experience is it doesn't work in the long term and unless that Pulp Mill get's revived, Heywood will not be able to sustain a major league team. On the Hamilton issue, I only see one team coming in to the hampden league in total. I don't think two major league sides can be supported by the town in addition to the players it supplies to the South West and Mininera leagues. If that happened maybe Heywood could survive but if two sides left the WBFL, that would almost certainly be the end.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens, clearly not everyone will be happy with the outcomes.

Respect your opinion and I have no problem with what Heywood have tried to do this year. My experience is it doesn't work in the long term and unless that Pulp Mill get's revived, Heywood will not be able to sustain a major league team. On the Hamilton issue, I only see one team coming in to the hampden league in total. I don't think two major league sides can be supported by the town in addition to the players it supplies to the South West and Mininera leagues. If that happened maybe Heywood could survive but if two sides left the WBFL, that would almost certainly be the end.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens, clearly not everyone will be happy with the outcomes.

What does the future hold for Heywood? It is a tough call for players to keep getting up off the canvas week in year out, with no wins on the board, do the players want this? Or does the club continue down this years path,what do the players prefer? Is it the participation that they seek or is it wins? either way do you look at the long term or do you treat each year as it comes?One thing that is obvious is that the club has and will allways have is a loyal supporter base, maybe some of them may need to be a bit more active in some of the decissions that the club will ultimatly make, by this I mean get in the playing field(committee) not in the grandstands(and just bag every decission) I believe that with more support, and a positive blue print this club can go places.

What does the future hold for Heywood? It is a tough call for players to keep getting up off the canvas week in year out, with no wins on the board, do the players want this? Or does the club continue down this years path,what do the players prefer? Is it the participation that they seek or is it wins? either way do you look at the long term or do you treat each year as it comes?One thing that is obvious is that the club has and will allways have is a loyal supporter base, maybe some of them may need to be a bit more active in some of the decissions that the club will ultimatly make, by this I mean get in the playing field(committee) not in the grandstands(and just bag every decission) I believe that with more support, and a positive blue print this club can go places.

Well son, you are on the money!

Ultimately, it's up to the club to decide but it needs to involve the whole club and not just the agenda of a few (trust me from experience!). The voice of the young must be herad but ultimately whatever direction you choose it must be sustainable.

History is just that history, what you and the Heywood FNC need to look to is the future and one that ensure your players and supporters get the best of both worlds. I would strongly urge that the club consider dropping back to the South West league. The club as a whole must balance what is best for everyone involved and come up with the right decision.

Buying in four players on a fly in fly out basis is not the way to go. The money they are on does exactly the same thing, except it doesn't fly in, it takes a lot of hard work and effort to generate only for it in your case for it to literally fly out of the community - gone forever never to return. The four involved may be good blokes and have been good this year but will they be there next year if there is no cash?

Whatever good work that was done this year appears to be rapidly heading out the window given the way the season has ended. The feel good story of the year has unravelled and I'm saddened by it.

The penny just dropped, and I owe Brad an apology on one front because you are right, you are not him. But you are, or have been, very close to him.
Look, you're fairly new to the club, so I assume you're still getting up to speed with how a tight knit, country club works so I'll give you a bit of latitude.
But you will never achieve much coming out swinging like you have done earlier this season. As a club I am sure most at Heywood are happy to have your support, so long as you actually are supporting.
Either stick to making coffees or put your hand up and get on the board if you have so many great ideas about how it could work better, because taking pot shots does nothing constructive but stroke one's own ego.

Now lets move on. This should be one of the best finals series in years, which in turn will cap one of the most interesting and engrossing home and away seasons in years. Someone must be doing something right because no matter how much the old timers bleat on about the dropping standard it sure has been great to watch.

I totaly agree with you.
What I dont understand though is why the last few pages of this thread are people not giving constructive comments for the club to go fwd next year. Brad Sinclair has gone and 2010 is behind us now, we all get that so stop boring us with it (shavedham). I can only think that the comments of those people are committee members of the club which is disappointing because they should be looking to the future.

Well son, you are on the money!

Ultimately, it's up to the club to decide but it needs to involve the whole club and not just the agenda of a few (trust me from experience!). The voice of the young must be herad but ultimately whatever direction you choose it must be sustainable.

History is just that history, what you and the Heywood FNC need to look to is the future and one that ensure your players and supporters get the best of both worlds. I would strongly urge that the club consider dropping back to the South West league. The club as a whole must balance what is best for everyone involved and come up with the right decision.

Buying in four players on a fly in fly out basis is not the way to go. The money they are on does exactly the same thing, except it doesn't fly in, it takes a lot of hard work and effort to generate only for it in your case for it to literally fly out of the community - gone forever never to return. The four involved may be good blokes and have been good this year but will they be there next year if there is no cash?

Whatever good work that was done this year appears to be rapidly heading out the window given the way the season has ended. The feel good story of the year has unravelled and I'm saddened by it.
Hey Roy Boy you must know you dont beleive everything that is written in the press, I carnt understand how one person (Brad Sinclair) can say whatever he thinks in the media and the nuts from the Hamilton Spectator and Win TV deem his information to be gospel, without any evidence or substance. The Heywood Football department need to get on the front foot and defend themselves and explain the real truths, I have a gut feeling that at the end of the season this club will not be in the dire financial position but may even break even, this will be a great achievement. Why did the club fly the 3 big guns in when there was no chance of playing finals, by doing this it shows true commitment, it could of taken the easy way out and saved some cash.

Good on you Bigant but you are far too polite regarding the Mt.Gambier media. They are a bloody disgrace. They couldn't publish a picture of the Millicent U12 teams (3) nor the Millicent U14 team a week later, and they won the trifecta of shame by leaving the U16 team out later on too, yet could manage a full page plus spread of the Mount teams each time. Watched channel 8 lately? The only thing that comes close to their loathing is the WBFL, anyone would think the fairy, sorry family, league was the top standard around. I hope Millicent kicks arse.

Sometimes you do think its only a four team competition this side of the border when it's all about everything north - south - east & west, i too did notice that (only mount junior sides photo's released to tbw). How far the saints get, who knows...one thing is for sure they've got the most valuable prize in a weeks rest and two cracks at the cherry.
And if it means using both chances to play off in a grand final, they will give it a red hot go at it in 11 days time !!!

Hey Roy Boy you must know you dont beleive everything that is written in the press, I carnt understand how one person (Brad Sinclair) can say whatever he thinks in the media and the nuts from the Hamilton Spectator and Win TV deem his information to be gospel, without any evidence or substance. The Heywood Football department need to get on the front foot and defend themselves and explain the real truths, I have a gut feeling that at the end of the season this club will not be in the dire financial position but may even break even, this will be a great achievement. Why did the club fly the 3 big guns in when there was no chance of playing finals, by doing this it shows true commitment, it could of taken the easy way out and saved some cash.

You are right, ultimately I want what's best for Heywood and I don't want to see them go down the track that Mortlake did which is non existence.

I am not for one minute suggesting Heywood are in financial trouble, what I am saying is that over time flying in recruits doesn't work, and I'm talking over a 4-5 year period.

Good Luck with it!

I totaly agree with you.
What I dont understand though is why the last few pages of this thread are people not giving constructive comments for the club to go fwd next year. Brad Sinclair has gone and 2010 is behind us now, we all get that so stop boring us with it (shavedham). I can only think that the comments of those people are committee members of the club which is disappointing because they should be looking to the future.

Give up trying KOBH.
You follow a shit club. Everyone in the league knows it and they are a laughing stock of the WBFL. Fighting over yourselves and you haven't even won a premiership... What a JOKE. :D
Come to a real club down the road. infact, i suspect the players who left to play there this year will be back to the mighty Portland footy Club.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
go the mighty TIGERS

Come to Portland. We have money, win games and premierships.
Something you guys dont.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
go the mighty tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back