Western Border Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the go with cammarano getting a clearence to henley, when he cant play for portland because he has a bad shoulder

Did here the same about Lithgow reportedly has hung the boots up, Coxon is apperently training (playing) with Robe in the Mid se league.
Whilst it's not in the 'OUTS yet any word of where Baden Dodd is playing....have heard it's in the Central Murray fl with Swan Hill or it could be another cmfl club, chose there because of a few of his team mates he played with at Southern Districts in the ntfl were from there or were also going there....!?
One other bit of gossip getting around was West were after gun full forward Stuart Cooper from Kingston, if this is true they'll have the most ex$pensive spine in the league.Maybe Slatter can throw another 5 grand in....thats all he's good for.:p:D
Well whats the G O this w/end with the pre-season cup, what sides will be going all out!? what sides will be trialling kids !? whats sides will be just getting the run in there legs !!! what sought of coin is the winner looking at getting.
Should be an interesting days play, what will the games be to look out for!!?

Think your a bit of a footy Guru BIGANT??? What have you ever done???
You seem to think uve got your finger on the pulse, far from it, Cooper will play at Kingston. And your comment about west spending the earth on players is off the mark, know off a reliable source the recruits are not getting paid whats being said. They are on the right track west, got rid of the fly ins and the shitheads and went with the kids and have now recruited quality players to add to that. And as for your comment about Slatter apparently doesnt put any money in and has a very good football brain. I think Slatter got brown and that tassie crew to millicent which was the best thing to happen to there in a fair while.

i've heard a lot of big outs for portland but no big ins. have they covered for the big players such as cammarano, neimann and jeffries with any recruits at all? any whispers...will they 3-peat?

You seem to think uve got your finger on the pulse, far from it, Cooper will play at Kingston. And your comment about west spending the earth on players is off the mark, know off a reliable source the recruits are not getting paid whats being said. They are on the right track west, got rid of the fly ins and the shitheads and went with the kids and have now recruited quality players to add to that. And as for your comment about Slatter apparently doesnt put any money in and has a very good football brain. I think Slatter got brown and that tassie crew to millicent which was the best thing to happen to there in a fair while.
Don't you read the fine print snouter....i said it was a whisper about Cooper NOT FACT !!
Ahh c'mon...do you think there paying these players chicken feed, you must have come down in the last shower...well i've been around footy long enough to know whats going up there & dont worry i have reliable sources too.
You did'nt hear me right again snouter...i did say slatter putting coin in and thats all he's good for !!!
What you did'nt gather is he's got nothing else going for him, there is more to clubs than just throwing $$ around you got to be there in good times & bad, he's just along for the joy ride....Look out when it goes pear shaped !!!
As for you saying he got Brown & other tassie boys to Millicent well you want to do your research....did he tell you that did he !!!? There was one other person that had a big say in getting Brown & co to Millicent....he did'nt get alot of plaudits but he took the good & copped the bad when things were up and down...and where was was Slatter !!? wiping his hands of it with his smug look on his face !!!

west recruits not getting paid well. im sure adam merrett and luke ellis would not be playing for nothing.
luke ellis was on a huge coin in penola and im sure he wouldnt take much of a pay cut

i've heard a lot of big outs for portland but no big ins. have they covered for the big players such as cammarano, neimann and jeffries with any recruits at all? any whispers...will they 3-peat?

not to firmiliar with the 3-peat word, but word was that coach had been up in darwin. From what im aware of the younger brother has returned but with no signs of other nt players. I think just like alot of other clubs portland will be relying on the young ones with a handful of them straight out of the rebels program. Other then that, roly69 there aint no real big ins. :eek:

not to firmiliar with the 3-peat word, but word was that coach had been up in darwin. From what im aware of the younger brother has returned but with no signs of other nt players. I think just like alot of other clubs portland will be relying on the young ones with a handful of them straight out of the rebels program, which is what the coach could be relying on. However we can not rule out recruiting from up there as it's still a fortnight awya to go. Other then that, roly69 there aint no real big ins. :eek:

fair enough mate

what do yo think of aaron barr for captaincy?

herad a whisper from a mate from down at heathmere that aaron is playing in there practice match on saturday?
any truth to this?
will he play in the elastoplast cup for heywood?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did here the same about Lithgow reportedly has hung the boots up, Coxon is apperently training (playing) with Robe in the Mid se league.
Whilst it's not in the 'OUTS yet any word of where Baden Dodd is playing....have heard it's in the Central Murray fl with Swan Hill or it could be another cmfl club, chose there because of a few of his team mates he played with at Southern Districts in the ntfl were from there or were also going there....!?
One other bit of gossip getting around was West were after gun full forward Stuart Cooper from Kingston, if this is true they'll have the most ex$pensive spine in the league.Maybe Slatter can throw another 5 grand in....thats all he's good for.:p:D
Well whats the G O this w/end with the pre-season cup, what sides will be going all out!? what sides will be trialling kids !? whats sides will be just getting the run in there legs !!! what sought of coin is the winner looking at getting.
Should be an interesting days play, what will the games be to look out for!!?
good on west 4 havin a crack at sum top players . lets hope they become competitive & push a few top sides & may b even roll 1 of them . no 1 enjoys teams getting flogged , the mount needs all 4 teams 2 be strong its good 4 the gate the bar at every club if there is going 2 b a close game.

win again.

can anyone actually close to portland add anything?

what about jon lyness and lachlan robinson (both on their transfers list)? any good?
lachlan robinson only young guy about 17 or 18 i think may play a game or 2 in seniors maybe but wont play much senior footy i dont think havent heard of the other guy heard portland are struggling to bring anyone to the club could the treatment dished out to jeffries be coming back to haunt them????? word does get about and the rumours get worse the more they are passed about it seems a shame he and the club parted on bad terms

i missed out on that gossip, how did he and the club part badly? he was liked by the players. delivered 2 premierships...what else did they want from him?

i missed out on that gossip, how did he and the club part badly? he was liked by the players. delivered 2 premierships...what else did they want from him?
from what i understand one of the major sponsors threatened to pull their sponsorship because they didnt think think he was giving the club a good image because of an idescretrion at the local niteclub where he was arrested for abusing a bouncer. spoken to most of the players and they cant speak highly enough about him which is funny because apparently the club consulted the players before deciding whether to keep him or not but no player was ever spoken to if u ask them and a few of the older crowd aronud the club say he is one of the best coaches they ever had but he can get a bit fiery and speak his mind so he prob upset a few ppl ! put it this way u either loved him or hated him i suppose

Well he was quite colourful was'nt he - Jeffries....he certainly liked to get under the opposition supporters skin did'nt he.
The board usually has the final say does'nt it...but with the record he had and the players support over the two years with Portland you would've thought that had plenty of weight behind a re-signing, obviously it did'nt.
Aside from his coaching abilities would you compare him to a Shane Loveless in one of the leagues colourful & controversial players we've had !!!? Atleast he admitted he was no 'class A' student' !!
The one thing the league can be proud of over the last 20-25 yrs that i've been following & involved in footy is that we certainly have had some characters play in this league from both sides of the border.

With all the above said how'd the tigers go today in the pre-season cup? Any stand-outs? Did they debut and recognizeable names? How'd their young-ones go?

How about the other teams? From what was displayed today, meet their own expecatations? Give a recap for folk that couldnt make it over? :D

With all the above said how'd the tigers go today in the pre-season cup? Any stand-outs? Did they debut and recognizeable names? How'd their young-ones go?

How about the other teams? From what was displayed today, meet their own expecatations? Give a recap for folk that couldnt make it over? :D

didnt travel across myself but from wat ive heard lots of clubs played young sides.
heard that big mick ryan was runnin round for south?? any truth??

Did you head to Millicent for the Elastoplast Cup yesterday footballnut ? Be interested to hear how Imps got on. Especially interested in the performances of any recruits.

What is the story with Brad Thomas - any chance he will still play ?

Did you head to Millicent for the Elastoplast Cup yesterday footballnut ? Be interested to hear how Imps got on. Especially interested in the performances of any recruits.

What is the story with Brad Thomas - any chance he will still play ?
yes i did go to millicent, imps lost grand final to north gambier by 20 odd points, beat portland and hamilton to reach grand final, young players performed very well, probably missing 6-7 senior players. the word is brad thomas will play within the first two rounds.:)

yes i did go to millicent, imps lost grand final to north gambier by 20 odd points, beat portland and hamilton to reach grand final, young players performed very well, probably missing 6-7 senior players. the word is brad thomas will play within the first two rounds.:)
What about the recruits:
Stuey Ward?
Rory Neeson?
Rowan Keilar?
Glenn Darroch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back