Western Border Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well done daggy, tear em a new one!! whats the go with chester at the moment, why isn't he playin??

and don't forget about the big names you lost from wbool:D
last time i saw that bloke from wbool was when he got shot in the forward pocket in the 06 granny by his coach!! hasn't played since. still getting over it i think:D chester will be back in a month i've heard on the grape vine.

hey fellas has Luke Ellis played yet coming back from surgery. Will be one of the best players in the comp when his fully fit either out of the forward line (kicked 100 in the Canberra comp) or in the midfield. Silky skills which borders on freaky at times.:thumbsu:

Welcome back daggy. Must have gone alright, see you in the best. Poor old Heywood took a drubbing. Looks like a long year for them.

hey fellas has Luke Ellis played yet coming back from surgery. Will be one of the best players in the comp when his fully fit either out of the forward line (kicked 100 in the Canberra comp) or in the midfield. Silky skills which borders on freaky at times.:thumbsu:

See he was named at Full forward for Saturdays game - not listed in goal kickers or best - so not sure if played or not.
Played at Penola last year and had a good year although looked as though he needed to drop a few kgs. for most of the year. Certainly skilled and can find the big sticks.

heywood look in real strife all 3 grades lost by big margins can anyone see them winning a game in the ones this year???? doesnt seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel for them

heywood look in real strife all 3 grades lost by big margins can anyone see them winning a game in the ones this year???? doesnt seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel for them

True, it looks like being a lean season for the seniors at Heywood, but there are some very good young players at the club and growing depth in the reserves and under-18s, so it is not all bleak. The key for Heywood will be to ensure it has all of the right things in place off the field to make sure all of the young plaayers it brings through have a good club to stay at and help to build. If the Lions can continue to weed out any negative influences at the club and build a good and positive culture the rest will take care of itself. While wins in the senior grade of footy might be an effort this season I don't think the Lions are in the worst shape of any club in the Western Border this season. Having played at a club that went through a similar "rebuilding phase" about a decade ago all I can say to the Heywood boys is stick with it, because if you can make it work it will be all the more rewarding for all involved.

red in the local paper that out of heywoods 21 players last week against portland only 5 were over 21 so very young side.
the western boarder suporters just show some faith in the young fellas.
great coach to be at the helm through these times aswell

heywood is a very young side and were probably missing a bit of mungrel on sunday. i was looking on the northern big footy site and seen a former player get a mention. i heard that he was playing a good game for the first quarter and half until he went back to his old ways. here is a bit i pasted out-

"Cheers :thumbsu: on correcting that, I know it is time to move on, but if you know the history between Andy and fitzroy stars? from what i heard and i think this is right, Andy was known by most of the players, and was a targeted man, and from my point of veiw, Andy won that contest easily, and frustrated most of our players, I think, "cause they couldn’t shut him down", he got the better of our players. Yes John Bell did get reported but they were both jumper punching each other, and belly was seen, "after every thing settled down" giving the last jumper punch".

:(:(:(:(:(

See he was named at Full forward for Saturdays game - not listed in goal kickers or best - so not sure if played or not.
Played at Penola last year and had a good year although looked as though he needed to drop a few kgs. for most of the year. Certainly skilled and can find the big sticks.

Saw him play a few times during last season with Penola, only twice though when back. Very skillful player when on and can turn a game when lifted to do so. Would be good for the young fellas out at west to learn from.
Gonna be a let down if the knee not holding up well for him.

Enjoyed the South win, and a few beers at the reunion with the boys they were grinning all night. The coach could shed a few but played a good game. Few other seniors could step up and give a bit more when needed. Think South will finish up there in the end.

True, it looks like being a lean season for the seniors at Heywood, but there are some very good young players at the club and growing depth in the reserves and under-18s, so it is not all bleak. The key for Heywood will be to ensure it has all of the right things in place off the field to make sure all of the young plaayers it brings through have a good club to stay at and help to build. If the Lions can continue to weed out any negative influences at the club and build a good and positive culture the rest will take care of itself. While wins in the senior grade of footy might be an effort this season I don't think the Lions are in the worst shape of any club in the Western Border this season. Having played at a club that went through a similar "rebuilding phase" about a decade ago all I can say to the Heywood boys is stick with it, because if you can make it work it will be all the more rewarding for all involved.

R u serious CH bench...I think the woods are stuffed and should not have bothered turning up against Portland...it was a waste of their time and spectators money...maybe they should play SW although I reckon some of the SW ressies could beat the woods seniors!

R u serious CH bench...I think the woods are stuffed and should not have bothered turning up against Portland...it was a waste of their time and spectators money...maybe they should play SW although I reckon some of the SW ressies could beat the woods seniors!
That`s a bit harsh at one stage all clubs have gone through hard times and have come out the other end better for it. Some clubs go out and buy a heap of players and try to fix the problem short term but I believe you have to blood the youth and Heywood have a good coach who knows how to work with the kids and develope them yes they will get some floggings during the year and also they will push some sides as well, get of there backs and watch the kids develope they might even surprise you. And I am not a HEYWOOD supporter.

It is probably fair to say Heywood will find this season a long and tough one and may not win a game. But to say it is not worth turning up shows you don't have much of an idea about what makes country footy tick. To then say they may as well be playing South West footy and that some South West reserves sides would beat the Heywood seniors is simply naive. The reason you can't play mate might just be that you're an idiot and know stuff all about country footy, just judging from that post. But there's always morons who reckon its fun to kick a side while its down, so feel free to take your cheap shots.
The true measure of the worth of a club, or a person for that matter, is how it reacts to adversity. Those lads weren't up to it on Sunday, no question, but they had a crack. They might get another shellacking this week, but they'll have a crack. Its easy to drift from club to club sucking off the success of someone else's hard work, but making something work yourself... that's something different and I reckon by the sound of it you'd know stuff all about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is probably fair to say Heywood will find this season a long and tough one and may not win a game. But to say it is not worth turning up shows you don't have much of an idea about what makes country footy tick. To then say they may as well be playing South West footy and that some South West reserves sides would beat the Heywood seniors is simply naive. The reason you can't play mate might just be that you're an idiot and know stuff all about country footy, just judging from that post. But there's always morons who reckon its fun to kick a side while its down, so feel free to take your cheap shots.
The true measure of the worth of a club, or a person for that matter, is how it reacts to adversity. Those lads weren't up to it on Sunday, no question, but they had a crack. They might get another shellacking this week, but they'll have a crack. Its easy to drift from club to club sucking off the success of someone else's hard work, but making something work yourself... that's something different and I reckon by the sound of it you'd know stuff all about it.

mate your right. fair nuff heywood is not goin to be the best side goin round this year. give these kids a season or 2 and they will turn heads.
watchin thses kids play for few years now through juniors there is no question about there courage and fight.
another point "past it" if your not a heywood supporter how can you comment on the club when your not a PART of the club!!!
shut your mouth or i just might

That`s a bit harsh at one stage all clubs have gone through hard times and have come out the other end better for it. Some clubs go out and buy a heap of players and try to fix the problem short term but I believe you have to blood the youth and Heywood have a good coach who knows how to work with the kids and develope them yes they will get some floggings during the year and also they will push some sides as well, get of there backs and watch the kids develope they might even surprise you. And I am not a HEYWOOD supporter.
devoloping kids is only one stage and heywood have developed some good players but they seem to have trouble holding on to them for one reason or another lets just hope that the off field work they they seem to be doing can someway fix this problem because an even comp makes for great watching and brings the supporters out.

CH Bench, you dont have to call people names because you dont agree with them. I personally think the woods should have dropped back to the SW last year when they had the chance. And they are having more than a lean year, more like a lean decade.

CH Bench, you dont have to call people names because you dont agree with them. I personally think the woods should have dropped back to the SW last year when they had the chance. And they are having more than a lean year, more like a lean decade.

shows that you really an OUTSIDERLOOKINGIN
on field success might be limited but off field is a good club

shows that you really an OUTSIDERLOOKINGIN
on field success might be limited but off field is a good club

and thats where it starts. too much does it happen that people in the football community are quick to give advice and solutions to struggling clubs, and at the same time make degrading comments, write them off (talk of going to minor leauges) and doing nothing at all to help!
well done to heywood fc for being aggressive and showing the initiative to appoint a full time general manager. clubs in this position need to get things right off the field and appoint the right people before they can expect any on field success. heywood have obviously taken this approach, looking from the outside. i hope they acheive what they have set out to do.
does anyone know the scores from all the games or any reports?

Did anyone see the West Vs Imps game. Great for footy to see West get so close. Disappointing to see the gap between the top and bottom sides is going to be large.

I heard that Timmy chesters little brother from Ballarat might be coming back to play a few games at Portland this year, including this weekend against at North....anyone know anything bout this?

I heard that Timmy chesters little brother from Ballarat might be coming back to play a few games at Portland this year, including this weekend against at North....anyone know anything bout this?
dean chester has a clearance in progress from waubra to portland you might be right.

seen tim and dean runnin nd streets of portland saturday mornin so rumor might be truth

heywood / heathmere united . its got a nice ring to it ! ?

heywood / heathmere united . its got a nice ring to it ! ?

I reckon give them the year out, next year they'll add a few and move up... no need to write the club off so soon, yeah there down, but good on the blokes for showing up each week and wearing the guernsy. Got a lot more balls than the alot of players that dont rock up at all when things arent shining.

Headin to the North/Portland game tomora, moneys on North by 2 points...
South to beat East, Mill to beat cast, West on heywood, Imps over Ham JUST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back