Western Border Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please provide me with some info on Johnny Bell from Heywood.

What sort of player - size - position etc.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers

Could someone please provide me with some info on Johnny Bell from Heywood.

What sort of player - size - position etc.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers

Bell is about 6"1-6"2, plays full back or centre-half back, although has played full forward before. He is a reasonable mark and an aggressive spoiler of the ball, very strong in the body and fairly fit, with a pretty good work ethic. From all my dealings with him he seems like a pretty good bloke too. Has a bit of mongrel about him on the field and won't back away from a stoush. Is a super competitor who hates losing.

Bell is about 6"1-6"2, plays full back or centre-half back, although has played full forward before. He is a reasonable mark and an aggressive spoiler of the ball, very strong in the body and fairly fit, with a pretty good work ethic. From all my dealings with him he seems like a pretty good bloke too. Has a bit of mongrel about him on the field and won't back away from a stoush. Is a super competitor who hates losing.

Thanks for that mate.

Much appreciated.

I was interested to hear that along with so - called state of origin match between the Big V & the Dream team next yr that Fonzie Demetriou said that those players that are'nt involved in that game will be a part of a nation wide exercise to send the remaining afl listed players back to where they started there football with on the w/end of that showpeice.
Which begs the question....!? someone like Geelong's Ryan Gamble who hails from Millicent started out his football career in the saints junior system, but then wen't out to Mt Burr in the mid se league for two season's before playing w Glenelg U19's & reserves then being drafted to the cats in 2005.
So going on that he comes under the saints banner if thats where he started his football at !?

I was interested to hear that along with so - called state of origin match between the Big V & the Dream team next yr that Fonzie Demetriou said that those players that are'nt involved in that game will be a part of a nation wide exercise to send the remaining afl listed players back to where they started there football with on the w/end of that showpeice.
Which begs the question....!? someone like Geelong's Ryan Gamble who hails from Millicent started out his football career in the saints junior system, but then wen't out to Mt Burr in the mid se league for two season's before playing w Glenelg U19's & reserves then being drafted to the cats in 2005.
So going on that he comes under the saints banner if thats where he started his football at !?
perhaps he could coach em. No coach yet, time getting away quick.

Word on the street is the scooter robinson has put his hand up for the interleague job, coach that is!!!! brings with him over 200 games of water boy experience, which should hold him in good stead, looks like derek and sam ferguson will be making a playing comeback!!!! if andrew is acceptable.

over a grand a game for merrett at west, not bad for a bloke who refuses to play in the middle and get the hard ball, instead opting to play as the loosiest half back flanker in history, again refusing to man up, word is from a kntfl player is that merrett is big on the lip, common knowledge in their league that he dislikes the hard ball and has a tendency to go missing and point the finger when things get a little tough, from all reports great bloke off the field, never met him myself, but must admit that i have been surprised when hearing these stories, he appears to be well built gauging from pic in tbw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

over a grand a game for merrett at west, not bad for a bloke who refuses to play in the middle and get the hard ball, instead opting to play as the loosiest half back flanker in history, again refusing to man up, word is from a kntfl player is that merrett is big on the lip, common knowledge in their league that he dislikes the hard ball and has a tendency to go missing and point the finger when things get a little tough, from all reports great bloke off the field, never met him myself, but must admit that i have been surprised when hearing these stories, he appears to be well built gauging from pic in tbw
Bit hard on a guy who u dont even know or seen play,a mate of mine has seen him play a few times and said he is hard at it and would be in top few players in league.As for a grand a game, close sources at west laughed at that,and said no where near that and doesnt mind playing in the middle at all.

Word on the street is the scooter robinson has put his hand up for the interleague job, coach that is!!!! brings with him over 200 games of water boy experience, which should hold him in good stead, looks like derek and sam ferguson will be making a playing comeback!!!! if andrew is acceptable.

Funny you say that...he told me that about 4 weeks ago:p:p:p !! AND he was serious, he even texted Mark Turri with his proposition !? Big idea's of getting Neville Osborn, Fletch (well he's gone) & Simon Quinn as selectors etc etc...
Being the 10/20yr anniversary of wb's last divisional win or whatever he wanted two of the old gaurd plus Quinn involved.
His hearts in the right place old scooter but....Pfffft Pfffft :p:thumbsu: NEXT !!

Here here lolllipop....speak ya mind :thumbsu::p !! my mole tells me between $1000 - $1500 LARGE and while i have'nt met the man in person he comes across as a decent fella.

A couple of seasons ago West Gambier paid big money for out-of-town-based recruits and, while it climbed the ladder, that improvement was short-lived. Now, surely the club was left horribly out of pocket and wouldn't make the same mistake again. To once again be a force, it does need to spend a bit of money and pick up some very good footballers. I have been out of the loop for a little while now, but how deep does the West Gambier cash well go? Is Merrett the only recruit the Roos are going to secure? If not, are they going to pay a number of large wages? Further, I hope for West's sake that the players it targets are going to be based fairly close to Mt Gambier. Can anybody connected with the club inform the forum of the feeling among West Gambier's under-18 parents at the moment? How many kids did the club lose when it opted to play out-of-towners instead of quality kids in the ones a couple of seasons ago?

Adam Merrett is a gun! he will straight away be one of the better players in the league. He is not soft. i have seen him play plenty of times and he is hard at it and has played a fair bit in the mid field. he does play the hbf very loosely though.
west still have a fair bit of work to do, with merrett and ellis it will help there cause, but two players can only do so much.

A couple of seasons ago West Gambier paid big money for out-of-town-based recruits and, while it climbed the ladder, that improvement was short-lived. Now, surely the club was left horribly out of pocket and wouldn't make the same mistake again. To once again be a force, it does need to spend a bit of money and pick up some very good footballers. I have been out of the loop for a little while now, but how deep does the West Gambier cash well go? Is Merrett the only recruit the Roos are going to secure? If not, are they going to pay a number of large wages? Further, I hope for West's sake that the players it targets are going to be based fairly close to Mt Gambier. Can anybody connected with the club inform the forum of the feeling among West Gambier's under-18 parents at the moment? How many kids did the club lose when it opted to play out-of-towners instead of quality kids in the ones a couple of seasons ago?
The under 18 parents are glad something is happening to bring the kids on faster with BETTER players surounding them. As for west spending big money a couple of years ago,i think it their choices of personal was the biggest problem. With merrett and ellis (so far)and 5-6 good local players returning because they think there on the right path this time on and off the field,good luck to them.

Here here. With the right players, there is definitely hope in West once again returning to finals contention. Is Clint Cowell staying around? I like the way he plays his footy.

Would be good for WBFL if West do move up the ladder. Bit worried about the Cats though. Named a local coach, which is fine but where are the recruits going to come from. Tom McArlein and Dylan Kent rumoured to be leaving although McArlein ended up in Hospital which may effect his move to Geelong. Wait and see. What's going on at Millicent?

It was interesting to read in local papers not to long ago league ceo Mark Turri wrote letters to the editor etc etc how each paper concerned were thanked upon on there coverage of WB football !!
Well i disagree to a certain extent, on picking up the local paper from Millicent i was astounded at the little exposure that the saints got especially on preveiws and reveiws.
If you looked at the Hamilton spectator for instance while they covered the south west & minineria leagues well they also looked after their own WB sides well....something that the south eastern times at Millicent don't do.Regardless of how poorly or good your side is travelling wb match reports should always be preferencial ahead of mid s/e.
Thats why the Hamilton spectator do a professional job, something that the s/e times at Millicent are well an truely NOT....professional.

It was interesting to read in local papers not to long ago league ceo Mark Turri wrote letters to the editor etc etc how each paper concerned were thanked upon on there coverage of WB football !!
Well i disagree to a certain extent, on picking up the local paper from Millicent i was astounded at the little exposure that the saints got especially on preveiws and reveiws.
If you looked at the Hamilton spectator for instance while they covered the south west & minineria leagues well they also looked after their own WB sides well....something that the south eastern times at Millicent don't do.Regardless of how poorly or good your side is travelling wb match reports should always be preferencial ahead of mid s/e.
Thats why the Hamilton spectator do a professional job, something that the s/e times at Millicent are well an truely NOT....professional.

I think you will find that the Portland Observer covers the SW league and the Spectator just uses their stuff and IIRC they get someone to do a write up for the Mininera league.

I think you will find that the Portland Observer covers the SW league and the Spectator just uses their stuff and IIRC they get someone to do a write up for the Mininera league.

Be it the spec or the observer, they still alot better reports for Hamilton/Imps & Portland then what the s/e times does for Millicent & wbfl !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back