Prediction Western Bulldogs to miss the finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake98

Senior List
Jul 28, 2024
AFL Club
Sydney
Might sound strange coming off an almost 100 point win, but it could happen. Everyone got so sucked into the possibility of Collingwood stealing a spot that they overlooked this possibility:

Carlton beat St Kilda.
Fremantle beat Port Power.
Bulldogs lose to GWS(on a 6-game winning streak).

and the Bulldogs would finish 9th.

Carlton and Fremantle are both favourites to win, which would put all the pressure on the Bulldogs to beat the most in-form team in the competition.

I actually fully believe this will happen too, the Giants beat them last year in Ballarat, & they know beating the Dogs will likely give them a home Qualifying final, because it keeps Freo alive later that night to beat Port!

Nah, Dogs have been more impressive than the Giants IMO. They'll beat the Giants, maybe even smash them if they kick straight.

I think it'll be Dogs 6 v Hawks 7 and that's good enough to be a grand final. Could very well be the GF next year. And I'd give the edge to the Dogs if Day is done for the year and not just the Day.

Might sound strange coming off an almost 100 point win, but it could happen. Everyone got so sucked into the possibility of Collingwood stealing a spot that they overlooked this possibility:

Carlton beat St Kilda.
Fremantle beat Port Power.
Bulldogs lose to GWS(on a 6-game winning streak).

and the Bulldogs would finish 9th.

Carlton and Fremantle are both favourites to win, which would put all the pressure on the Bulldogs to beat the most in-form team in the competition.
Hawks would drop out in that scenario if they fail to beat North

Nah, Dogs have been more impressive than the Giants IMO. They'll beat the Giants, maybe even smash them if they kick straight.

I think it'll be Dogs 6 v Hawks 7 and that's good enough to be a grand final. Could very well be the GF next year. And I'd give the edge to the Dogs if Day is done for the year and not just the Day.

Giants match them well.
Certainly have the defenders to curtail the Dogs talls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will still have a lot of guys out and Saints will offer more than witches hats resistance unlike west coast (i think, though i hope the saints which showed up when they played Brisbane turn up on Sunday, would really help us)

I don't think Freo are going well enough to beat Port, but they're at home so they're a chance.
Saints will give the Blues a challenge at some point. 50/50?
No reason to think GWS will be beating the Dogs, but that could happen also.

Got to be less than a 10% chance, so lock it in Eddie.

Giants beat them last year in Ballarat
Awful game for us. Had a big lead but lost our two key defenders (Bruce and Keath, Jones was already out injured) to injury mid-game - shifted Lobb to defence but we were cooked by the last quarter, completely overrun late. Still had our chances late to win it but missed

Geelong supporters wanting the dogs out. Who would have thought
Not bothered one way or another if the Dogs make it? In fact I’d happily have you blokes make it instead of Hawthorn, & you winning could possibly help my club depending on % & if we win. Just simply saying that I believe the Giants will win…

I feel GWS are due for a smashing. If not for Brisbane's inaccuracy it wouldve been a 6-7 goal smashing up there. They're good, but I can imagine it happening in Ballarat. Will depend on the Dog's accuracy. Jones vs Hogan will be a pivotal matchup.

I think Hawks by 60+, Freo lift and Saints win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Western Bulldogs to miss the finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back