We've got the Ashes...

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Li said:
... we've got the RWC....we've got the Olympics.....

I want the swimming next!!!!
This is a bit rich. You won 2-1 after being an embrassment for nearly 20 years.

You had to win a series sooner or later, albeit by virtue of a wrong decision in the 2nd Test. If Kaspa hadn't been given out the result would have been different.

Let's see if you can hang onto the Ashes for as long as Australia did. Australia won't go into a tailspin and spend as long in the doldrums as England did. They'll be ready to go when the Poms come out in 18 months.

As for "having the Olympics", they go to a new city every 4 years. That's about having a enough money to bribe ICC members. It's got nothing to do with sport.

Or are China now 'a proud sporting nation'?

In any event, it'll be interesting to see how the London Olympics compares with the Sydney "best ever" Olympics.

The difference between England and Australia is that Australia build dynasties. We have a couple of bad years and then dominate for a decade. The inverse is true for England. Your rugby side is a perfect example of this.

Brett Li said:

Well done. England were too good when it mattered most.

Basic differences:

More hunger for success
A captain who could actually think.
Bowlers more atuned to the conditions
Ability to capitalise on their opportunites
A genuine all-rounder ... for some reason Australia is never able to produce one

Australia were generally pretty lame in this series, but I'm taking nothing away from England.

This is exactly what i was waiting for. All these swarmy arrogant sons of a bitches poms coming out and saying they are the best at everything now. 1 friggen ashes series win in x amount of years trying.

What completely f wits.

embleygirl said:
At the Olympics England turn into Great Britain and they still aint no good.

but its not cool to get into the olympics..only when they win. Poms are the biggest bandwagoners ever.

The better side won the series. They took it up to us in all aspects of the series. If we didn't have Warne we would have lost 4-1.

We will bounce back though.

romanwfw said:
remember the last soccer match

3-1 BABY! we beat you at your game take that
Please don't tell me Australia is still clinging to a FRIENDLY from 3-4 years ago? And people were having a go at us for getting excited over the oneday games :D
ENGLAND >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Australia

Renegade said:
Please don't tell me Australia is still clinging to a FRIENDLY from 3-4 years ago? And people were having a go at us for getting excited over the oneday games :D

Just like how poms (or the person whos started this thread) goes on about the olympics then? pointless really.

england > australia in what sense? one thing they are good at is overstaying their visas when in Oz.

why does england suddenly transform itself into great britain for the olympics anyway (irrelevant question I know).

Renegade said:

ok if friendlys dont count

norther ireland>>>>england :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

time to vent my spleen , hugh grant at the cricket talk about bandwagon. radio interview he refered he's first cricket memory was ALAN MASSIE taking all those wickets years ago. Memo mickey blue eyes it was BOB MASSIE.

Brett Li said:

i guess you don't know what to do now you have the ashes. hasn't been in ya hands since the 86/87 series huh ?? :cool:

i guess you guys can have them for 14 months.

Remove this Banner Ad

We've got the Ashes...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back