What a difference a couple of players make to a side!

Remove this Banner Ad

yogie2space

Rookie
Jul 14, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I was at the game last week against North and what a difference a couple of players make to a side!

Being able to push Croad back (Big Key, Brown this week) and even bring Gilham up forward! Franklin's pace and agility! Sam Mitchell's ability to take the clearences and just weave through packs!

I think if we play with the side we had yesterday, we can have an impact on the finals! Especially if we finish 4th! Over the past 5 years we have always matched up well against the Cats and to play them at the MCG would be our best chance to move forward from the first week of the finals! Lets hope that the training scheme we have in place (Simuliar to Adelaide) we give us the peak we need!

Re: What a difference

Well realistically if you take 2 out of your best 3 forwards and your best midfielder out of any side you're guna struggle to win games...it was more the way we lost last week and shocking disposal that was disappointing..

we missed alot of targets again this week and our kicking for goal was again down but we went inside fifty another 20 times and the opposition was tripe..

No loose man either in opoosition half made a big difference aswell.

Well realistically if you take 2 out of your best 3 forwards and your best midfielder out of any side you're guna struggle to win games...it was more the way we lost last week and shocking disposal that was disappointing..

we missed alot of targets again this week and our kicking for goal was again down but we went inside fifty another 20 times and the opposition was tripe..

No loose man either in opoosition half made a big difference aswell.

Looking at it that way, you'd have think that only losing to the 2nd placed side in the comp by 6 goals with all those players out is a positive....

Looking at it that way, you'd have think that only losing to the 2nd placed side in the comp by 6 goals with all those players out is a positive....

Boyle coming into the team makes a huge difference, he always attracts a tall defender and he is great overhead and very accurate set shot. He had a quiet game but it was his first back.
Franklin and Mitchell are both very important to the team and lift everyone around them.

This week is going to tell us where we are at, and if we can get into the 4 and play either Pussy Cats or the Roos we will have a good chance of going to the Prelim. Realistically i'll be happy with 5 or 6th and a home final first week

IF and it is a very BIG IF - we play with the same enthusiasm and tactics - don't allow the opposition free men in our forward line and play accountable football - we are a show against all sides.

We look awful when we zone off and don't pressure the ball carrier against the top sides...we can get away with it against the Essendon's of this world because they dont have the class

Brisbane midfield will have a field day if we zone off because their on ballers can hit the lead up man very very well...

If we tackle and harass and pressure them we'll get over the top of them because i believe we can congest their forward line with our run and have atleast 20 goals plus in us when we move the ball quickly and directly into our forward line.

did any 1 see the footy show last week with brett harvey...

when doing the tips he was real cocky when he said the bombers.....

when he said that i knew we would win...

the roo,s got all the credit for there win and fair enough being at our home and all that,
but what the roos didnt put into perspective and all media too, was that we had no foward set up..

all we had to kick to was rufyy, croad is a back man, dicko is well every knows.. dowler was too stiff looked like he was too nervous...

no mitchell to smash it out from the middle, no buddy, no boyle no mitchell
not much to brag about by beating us that day,
i always said that with all our fowards it gives us more options and our midfield have confidance in going foawrd..

boyle , ruffy, buddy, mitch, very important to our future.....

The players we had are good inclusions but i think Essendon were that average most teams would have pumped them, our skills need to get better otherwise top 3 teams will kill us.

Remove this Banner Ad

What a difference a couple of players make to a side!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back