What are your plans for Grand Final Day ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Me I will be lucky enough to be going whether Collingwood makes it or not.

What about you ?

Are you going , or plan to go ?

Are you staying at home watching it on tv ?

Are you going to watch it at a pub here in Australia or OS ?

Are you making a day of it and getting a large group of friends together to watch it ?

Or has one of your non football supporting friends booked their wedding for Grand Final day , and you cannot escape from going to it :eek:

Me I will be lucky enough to be going whether Collingwood makes it or not.

What about you ?

Are you going , or plan to go ?

Are you staying at home watching it on tv ?

Are you going to watch it at a pub here in Australia or OS ?

Are you making a day of it and getting a large group of friends together to watch it ?

Or has one of your non football supporting friends booked their wedding for Grand Final day , and you cannot escape from going to it :eek:

Each year we have a group of friends that make a big day of it and make a point of getting together - even if struggle to see each other during the year, we consider gf day "Christmas" for friends - as in it's the one day all our good friends make a point of getting together as a non negatioable.

The only pre requisite is a bbq and a good big screen, and that we all attend.

Re the wedding comment, I HATE THOSE PEOPLE! If you don't follow footy in Melbourne that's fine, but the selfishness of such individuals that simply don't care that many of their friends have a passion for the day and are already guaranteed to be locked in for something is the height of rudeness and arrogance imo - i'm almost tempted to send those people a fake invite for a Christmas Day wedding, or on some other day they find important and simply state "yeah but I PERSONALLY don't care if the day is important to people other than myself, so that's the day!"

Big group of mates will be kicking the day off with breakfast beers and bacon & eggs. Following that up with more booze and various meats roasted in the Weber. Will likely be pretty tanked before the game even starts tbh. Going to be a good day! :D

Any friends/family of mine that want me at their wedding know not to have it on GF day, as they're fully aware that I'll tell them to **** off.

Mate having a barbie.

Will enjoy watching as the proud Cats roll over the Woods.

If it's VFL Grand Final Day... I'll be there at Etihad Stadium calling the game on radio, while supporting the Borough (then going to the TEAC Oval after-party).

AFL Grand Final Day... dunno, maybe a pub somewhere.

I will be having a day at home with the wife and my 8 month old, My wife doesn't drink so ill be starting around 10am and going through until i fall asleep, I will make a couple of steak sandwiches on the bbq and settle down to watch the games, Hopefully the pies will be playing and hopefully we win!

With the in-laws going away that weekend, I might invite a few people around to watch the game with us.

Beers and a BBQ with friends in front of a big screen TV watching the non HD telecast of the game.

As for GF day weddings, if you are that close to me that you invite me to a wedding, I assume you would know that I would not go to one on GF day!

Will be heading round to a mates parents place for the big game as they ahve a massive screen inside and a big screen out in the patio as well. They usually get between 30-40 people there.

But before the game 12 of the boys are heading down to our local park and we all get 10 shots on goal from different angles. The two blokes who kick the least amount of goals will have to serve beers to the rest of the lads for the remainder of the afternoon.

Most of us are in our early 30s and there are only a couple that still play footy so the chance of a pinged hammy is high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the game. It happens rarely and after the 02 and 03 losses as the most recent Grand Finals I've been to, last year was awesome.

Will be just as good the second time around!

Go to a mates house malmsbury and have a BBQ, drink beer, party till we drop and sing Bryan Adam in little to no clothes. Pretty much anything goes on GF day/night for my group of friends.

Best weekend of the year and will be our 10th Annual Grand Final Weekend for my group of mates.

Starts Thursday night with drinks and cards watching the Footy Show, then Friday everyone takes the day off work and we head to the golf course for our annual golf event, quite a few drinks to be had here.

Saturday is then morning beers and breakfast, followed by a quick trip to the pub to put on bets for the big game; then finally settle in for the match.

Just hoping the weather holds out, not looking real flash this year.

I look forward to Grand Final day more than anything including chrissy, even when eagles finish bottom. Me and a few mates will be up at 8:30, start drinking and continue throughout the day, go to the pub, put on a few bets for first goal, winner and norm smith, probably make a few little bets with each other for next round over who'll kick the next goal etc. can't wait, really hope we're playing in it :) as long as we win, otherwise the day will just be ruined.

Planning a causal morning ride down the bay from Brighton to Blairgowrie with a Collingwood flag on the back of the bike (providing we make it), finishing up at a mates house by the beach for a BBQ and to watch the Pie's smash the Eagales :D :)p)

Depends heavily on if Geelong make it. If we do, probably go somewhere quiet to watch the game, because with a group of people its a pain in the arse, but if we don't I'll see what my mates are doing

Planning a causal morning ride down the bay from Brighton to Blairgowrie with a Collingwood flag on the back of the bike (providing we make it), finishing up at a mates house by the beach for a BBQ and to watch the Pie's smash the Eagales :D :)p)

Put a flag on your bike and there's a good chance you'll never make it to the mates house. ;)

For mine, BBQ at my place with our absurdly large TV. Will take the day off work on Friday and cook up a storm. Love GF day. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

What are your plans for Grand Final Day ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back