What happen to Taylor Hine and Marc Lock?

Remove this Banner Ad

HereIam86

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
La lakers Brisbane Heat
Marc Lock play the first game of the season than he has not been seen for the rest of the year is he injury?. And Taylor Hine in his first game gets sub of early in the second quater. Than has not play anthoer game.

I don't think Lock is at AFL level yet, and has been in the 2's for a fair while now. Kicked 6 on the weekend but I doubt he'll come into the team.

I was puzzled by how Hine was subbed off early in the Eagles game. Thought he deserved a bit more of a go. Played brilliantly in the 2's last weekend so might be time for a recall.

Hine being subbed was weird. They brought him off pronto because the man he was on was absolutely destroying him.

But the man he was on was known as Dean Cox. Putting an under-developed first gamer on Cox is a recipe for disaster, so it's not surprising he was cleaned up. :rolleyes: With that said, I'm surprised he hasn't had a recall too. If he were to get one, you would think it's this week.

Lock I think has some discipline issues on and off the field. He's been on the best player lists for a while now, but doesn't seem to get a game. Not sure why.

Lock is the interesting one for me. Been a fan of his and watched him relatively closely for about 2-3 years now. Unsure as to why he isn't getting picked.. From what I've seen he has clearly been above the quality of the 2's. Previous captain so they must rate him.. Seems to be a bit more to it than form...

I know from a very reliable source, that Marc Lock is incrediably frustrated, trains harder than any other of the younger players and isn't getting any recognition. Harley Bennell continues to get a game ahead of him when he continues to miss training sessions.

Surely Marc is a chance to play this week after kicking 6. Otherwise I can see him making a move to Melbourne or Adelaide.

We've already shown this year that there's discipline with that sort of stuff. He's been suspended twice, so if he was still missing them he wouldn't be getting games.

ohhh k, this is from a very reliable source..

Obviously whats needed is a Deep Throat to get to the base of these mysteries. I'm sure they exist on the Strip. :p
Perhaps its a case of 2/15 of the delisting equation.

I was at the Lions Suns reserves game and Lock was not listening to instructing from the coaches box, not second hand info as I was standing right next to them, if he won't listen then he won't make it. I hope he does but if what I saw was indicative then he will be cut.

As for the Bennell statement about missing training I don't buy that for a second. Bluey is not going to allow a kid to dictate to him and his previous suspentions atest to this. He would be rotting oin the 2's awaiting a trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly Lock and Hine are two on the DELIST list. Only attitudinal problems can explain their lack of playing this year. AS Bluey has said, some of the GC youngins have already nominated themselves by dent of their actions around the club.

Hine is a keeper/trade bait. AFL calibre and contracted for 2012 also. Lock is a dud and a definite delistee. Sound state league player with leadership ability but too slow/unskilled for AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

What happen to Taylor Hine and Marc Lock?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back