Competition "What If" Wednesdays - Time Traveller Sneezes Edition: List Development II - VOTE NOW! - POLL LINKS IN OP

Remove this Banner Ad

- Melbourne Carnivals succeed in their VFA expansion masterplan: Melbourne City re-enter the VFA in the late 1920's under the ownership of Melbourne Carnivals. - This was done in Week 23 of the original "WI"W comp ❌

- The masterplan continues: Richmond City enter the VFA, also under Melbourne Carnivals ownership. - Is this a completely different identity to the Richmond Tigers? If so, would they become the Richmond that eventually enters the VFL in that timeline (under a different moniker and jumper)?

- Carlton and St. Kilda merge in the mid-90s. - This was done in Week 26 of the original "WI"W comp ❌

1965 - St.Kilda stay at Junction Oval. - I'm after ideas involving how a teams jumpers would look in a different timeline, they'd just stick with the tri-panel to me ❌

VFA Powerhouse Moorabbin joins the VFL. - This is more like it given the VFL can't house 2 clubs with the Kangas moniker so Moorabbin would implement some changes ✅

cannavo I can’t directly quote your post since there’s technically no body text in it, but in terms of terrybull’s suggestion, I think the St Kilda mention is just framing for the Moorabbin VFL entry. The council who owned the ground were pretty keen to have VFL footy there and from memory I think I read that they tried to have Richmond be the team to move down there at one point. I guess assuming no VFL team moves to Moorabbin Oval, the council might have really pushed to establish a new team or get the VFA club pushed up to the VFL.

ballarat and bendigo join the afl - Already have a Ballarat team idea and as mentioned before, Bendigo was done in Week 37 in the original "WI"W comp ❌
ballarat and bendigo merge - Assuming it's the Ballarat Swans and Bendigo Diggers? ✅
South Melbourne and North Melbourne merge to form Melbourne city fc - The City name has been done so I'll add this as a merger and the club name is up to the designer to make things interesting ✅
north and west mebournes merged team is apporved to join the vfl as melbourne city back in the early 1900's - Again, This was done in Week 23 of the original "WI"W comp ❌
melbourne and universty merge more of a take over but adds black to the demons kits - Limited creativity if it's just a Dees kit with black added ❌

cannavo I can’t directly quote your post since there’s technically no body text in it, but in terms of terrybull’s suggestion, I think the St Kilda mention is just framing for the Moorabbin VFL entry. The council who owned the ground were pretty keen to have VFL footy there and from memory I think I read that they tried to have Richmond be the team to move down there at one point. I guess assuming no VFL team moves to Moorabbin Oval, the council might have really pushed to establish a new team or get the VFA club pushed up to the VFL.
Ah right, well normally the context or factor is put in the same sentence in an idea instead of another bullet point, so I assumed it was its own idea 👌

• Carlton create a special edition Robbie Williams jumper (similar to Ed Sheeran's sponsorhip of Ipswich Town)
Carlton Robbie Guernsey.jpg
Just in case this one doesn't make the cut I wanted to share my idea. I actually think it looks really good and considering they did the yellow Lance Armstrong one I really don't think its entirely out of the realm of possibility. Great idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Hawthorn remain the Mayblooms
  • Melbourne remain the Fuchsias
  • Carlton and Collingwood merge to create a super-team in the mid-90's
  • Launceston and Hobart enter as separate clubs - neither can use the Devils branding
  • Clarence enter as the Hobart team
  • GWS enter as the Parramatta Pink Panthers

The South west of WA (Bunbury/Busselton/Margaret River) join the AFL - ✅
Marvel x AFL one off, pick any team heroes or villans - I'll make an executive decision on this idea. Cate Blanchetts character 'Hela' collabing with Tasmania. In February 2023, while talking about footy on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live', she quoted "You go to Tasmania and they play REAL football." Plus Hela's outfit is usually black and green, some version include lime green and yellow to make the perfect Marvel x AFL collab jumper - ✅
Gold Coast enter the AFL as the Gold Coast Surf (2011) - Don't want to flood the ideas with more nicknames for the same team ❌
  • Hawthorn remain the Mayblooms - ✅
  • Melbourne remain the Fuchsias - I culled this one from the list in favour of the 'Invisible Whites' moniker - ❌
  • Carlton and Collingwood merge to create a super-team in the mid-90's - Spicy ✅
  • Launceston and Hobart enter as separate clubs - neither can use the Devils branding - I'll throw in Hobart as there's an idea for Launceston already listed ✅
  • Clarence enter as the Hobart team - Feels similar to the idea above with just a name change ❌
  • GWS enter as the Parramatta Pink Panthers - This'll be fun ✅
Kew bears join VFL - ✅

Idea submissions have closed
Massive thanks to all who contributed
Now's the time to make your choices!

With the overwhelming influx of ideas
The final list will include a total of 70! (Was 60)
So with that in mind, a select few of the most voted ideas will be added to each category
With 45 timelines, 25 ideas will be added and spread accordingly which is outlined in each poll

Click these 3 links to each poll
(Can't poll in this thread like before, because it only fits 25 options)

Polls run for 3 days, then the winner of Week 25 will make their choice and hop into the DeLorean once again!

What about the ideas that didn't make it? Hmmm, I do have something in mind when they're all done...

don't mind the tassie marvel idea but i would have loved to pick any team (deffs not because i have 2 really good designs on my computer ready to go) please i want my designs to see the light of day
Ah I see, well if you have jumpers waiting, I suggest you either create a portfolio or put the 'Marvel x AFL' idea forward in the competitions idea thread (before I do 😈😆), I reckon there's a lot of potential!

I only changed it to prevent users committing to designing for a team + hero, only to see someone else do it first. It kinda takes the wind out of you when your idea's taken and this suggestion would probably require more of an effort to design than a simple merger given the various costumes worn by the hero's and incorporating that into the clubs colours/design

Ah I see, well if you have jumpers waiting, I suggest you either create a portfolio or put the 'Marvel x AFL' idea forward in the competitions idea thread (before I do 😈😆), I reckon there's a lot of potential!

I only changed it to prevent users committing to designing for a team + hero, only to see someone else do it first. It kinda takes the wind out of you when your idea's taken and this suggestion would probably require more of an effort to design than a simple merger given the various costumes worn by the hero's and incorporating that into the clubs colours/design
ive got a few but got burnt out quickly

ive got a few i worked it into the club design making the way it should have been done trying to find them now

Remove this Banner Ad

Competition "What If" Wednesdays - Time Traveller Sneezes Edition: List Development II - VOTE NOW! - POLL LINKS IN OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back