What is it with recruiting slow left footers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Macca81

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2012
Maylands
AFL Club
West Coast
Priddis
Gaff
Sheed
Duggan.

I swear these blokes have the midfield speed of a snail and below average disposal skills. Can any of them kick 40m on their right?

At least one of them is retiring, but not sure i can handle watching a generation of these unskillful plodders until 2025.

Last edited:
Priddis
Gaff
Sheed
Duggan.

I swear these blokes have the midfield speed of a snail and below average disposal skills. Can any of them kick 40m on their right?

At least one of them is retiring, but not sure i can handle watching a generation of these unskillful plodders until 2025.
Isn't Barrass also

• Banned
Isn't Barrass also
yeah but defenders can get away with being one-sided more than mids. Every time one of the 4 above mentioned gets the ball unless they are on their left side they are a hinderance to us getting the ball forward. If they receive the ball running to their right, its always stop, swing on to the left into traffic and blast away aimlessly.

Gaff's kicking has been trash all year.

Sheed only occasionally hits a target.

Duggan rushes too much - he in particular could really benefit from the tutelage of Mitchell over the next few years, especially how to create time and space.

Priddis
Gaff
Sheed
Duggan.

Dont despair my friend...can get nic suban to replace pridda to continue said shrewd recruitment policy

Priddis
Gaff
Sheed
Duggan.

None of them can kick over 40m on their left, let alone on their right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

40m?

West Coast players go for 30m kicks 90% of the time and refuse to take that first option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So frustrating. Either a lack of confidence or simply cant think quick enough. Helps to explain why our forwrd line always seems flooded/congested and our defence is so often open and exposer 1 on 1 after we turn it over

I'd say he is easily our slowest KPD
We had this discussion. He was up there with our fastest players.

That said Mr upside down triangle put on too much to the point his fitness was affected. He looks slow because he is spent most of the time.

We had this discussion. He was up there with our fastest players.

That said Mr upside down triangle put on too much to the point his fitness was affected. He looks slow because he is spent most of the time.
Emac, Schoey and Gov im pretty sure are all pretty quick over 50m

We get supposed elite kicks and decision makers so we can become the next Hawks but those skills regress after a while.

Gaff was an awesome kick for a few years and now it's gone.
Sheed had a sublime kick when he walked and he had a right boot and was prepared to use it.
Duggans kicking off both feet and his decision making made a very exciting prospect early in his career.

What we need to do is find out what is causing our supposed good kicks to regress and to try and get them back to great kicks.

We get supposed elite kicks and decision makers so we can become the next Hawks but those skills regress after a while.

Gaff was an awesome kick for a few years and now it's gone.
Sheed had a sublime kick when he walked and he had a right boot and was prepared to use it.
Duggans kicking off both feet and his decision making made a very exciting prospect early in his career.

What we need to do is find out what is causing our supposed good kicks to regress and to try and get them back to great kicks.
It's pressure. They need to learn to deal with it better. Sheed did a nice kick to JK last night too so he still has it

Remove this Banner Ad

What is it with recruiting slow left footers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back