What is the most North club of other sports?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My 7 year old and I have been playing a lot of FC24 lately. I'm starting to think that I should diversify the monopoly North have on the sports zone of my brain and find a soccer team to follow.

Which one taps into the North mindset the best? My first instinct is Leicester, just for the underdog thing. But truthfully, I know bugger all about the histories to have an informed opinion.

And while you're here... are there obvious similarities between North and teams in the NBA, NHL, MLB, and so on?

I think that we're the Detroit Pistons in the NBA.

Historical reputations of playing hard and tough.
Had successful teams a little while ago (Carey era roos and the early 00s Pistons), but followed it up with long stretches of mediocrity, then attempts to knock down and rebuild that have led to being stuck on the bottom.

The Pistons had the biggest losing streak in NBA history last season. They've finished bottom 2 in the east in the last 4 seasons.

NRL - NORTH Queensland
EFL - Preston NORTH End
NCAA - NORTH Carolina Tah Heels
SPFL - Ross County :)

or

Sheffield Wednesday
Brighton & Hove Albion
Deportivo La Coruna
Real Sociedad
Kilmarnock

Last edited:
Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga have given me many North like frustrations over the past decade, whether it be their inability to put games to bed or just outright choking.

They have had their glory years however much like North in the 70's and 90's. But they pretty much have the perennial underdog tag which is why I adopted them in the first place.

Have had financial difficulties in the past too, only being saved from bankruptcy by arch rivals Bayern in the early 2000's.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Manchester United went to the well so many times wasted so much money,sacked a few managers on the journey and just when you think they have turned the corner put on shitful performance after shitful performance that will surelysee another manager sacked.

Manchester United went to the well so many times wasted so much money,sacked a few managers on the journey and just when you think they have turned the corner put on shitful performance after shitful performance that will surelysee another manager sacked.
Except when Man U put on a shitful performance I'm extremely happy. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the most North club of other sports?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back