Mr Crow!

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2004
Darwin
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I don't mean the nickname, but the actual team name?

Will it be Western Sydney, or Greater Western Sydney?

Personally I think GWS is a bit of a mouthful, even moreso when it will be coupled with an eventual nickname.

I don't mean the nickname, but the actual team name?

Will it be Western Sydney, or Greater Western Sydney?

Personally I think GWS is a bit of a mouthful, even moreso when it will be coupled with an eventual nickname.

I like Western Sydney. Agree with you that Greater Western Sydney is too much of a mouthful.

I like Western Sydney. Agree with you that Greater Western Sydney is too much of a mouthful.

And a bit generic.

I can't imagine a team called "Greater North Melbourne"

Western Sydney will include all of western Sydney. I'm hoping the Greater name is jsut for the start up and will eventually be dumped.

It will probably be Western Sydney as thats the name they own.

iSydney2.0 ?
Wesydney ?
Sydney coalition ?
Sydney Axis of Evil ?
Any chance they could drop the 'Sydney' and just be 'West' or 'Greater West'. The bulldogs ain't called Western Melbourne so it's possible.

Why focus on Western Sydney. Playing at Homebush

East Coast Rams
NSW Blues
Sydney Blues

Whatever like LA Rams or LA Lakers, New York Giants or New York Jets

West Sydney Bevans :D

I think you'll find they will keep it simple and go with West Sydney name but at the same time pushing out to the outer west metro and country areas. Not sure how many people would be prepared to travel to games from the Blue Mtns, Lithgow, Bathurst, Orange etc but I'm sure they will be targeted heavily.

Certainly a massive population in WSyd but just how many of them will attend games and purchase memberships? Will be interesting to see it unfold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warriors is OK, but it is used by the NRL. I dont think copying the NRL would really send the right message that this a brand new/different club in a new market. Whatever name is chosen needs to stand apart from the other major codes.

Warriors is OK, but it is used by the NRL. I dont think copying the NRL would really send the right message that this a brand new/different club in a new market. Whatever name is chosen needs to stand apart from the other major codes.

The Auckland Warriors? Pretty difficult to get further away and still be part of the rugby league world. I don't think it's a huge concern but I'm obviously not in Team GWS's organization.

something to do with mountains seeing as its proximity to the blue mountains? mountaineers? lul

ooo :thumbsu: v ery much along the line i was thinking

like to steer away from animals!
altho if it was animal def something native... wasps or such?

I really hope they have a competition for people to bring all their ideas! and dont pull a GC17 and not come up with a nick name

ooo :thumbsu: v ery much along the line i was thinking

like to steer away from animals!
altho if it was animal def something native... wasps or such?

I really hope they have a competition for people to bring all their ideas! and dont pull a GC17 and not come up with a nick name

drovers?

if not something animally then brumbies? stallions? mustangs? horses?

Why focus on Western Sydney. Playing at Homebush

East Coast Rams
NSW Blues
Sydney Blues

Whatever like LA Rams or LA Lakers, New York Giants or New York Jets

Agree. The team name could be Sydney ......

West Sydney is a disjointed area of suburbs/communities that previous sporting clubs have failed to capitalise on.

Like the 2nd A League club just use Sydney as the primary name and differentiate from there.

Sydney Rams. :thumbsu:

This avoids the WS Rams clash with the now defunct rugby comp the ARC and utilises the RAMS acronym (NSW under 16s & 18s - Riverna, ACT, Monaro, Sydney.

You need the city name: "Sydney" in the title.

How about the "West Sydney Greenbacks"? It would symbolise their bank balance and the locals views of victorians as "mexicans".

On a serious note, I like West Sydney Mustangs or West Sydney Cheetahs.

Remove this Banner Ad

What should the team be called?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back