When did Adelaide change?

Remove this Banner Ad

This is frustrating from a crows supporters point of view. I know he is now working in the media but his love for port this season is over the top for a former Crows captain.
We wouldn't be the first people McDermott has burnt in his rise to the "top" in the media. His media career is riddled with digruntled former friends and team mates.

You guys do realise that we think the adelaide media stink as much as you do right? fickle, bandwagoniers & unprofessional

Hinkley was interviewed by whateley on ABC radio yesterday & it was so refreshing to hear a professional intelligently conducted interview as opposed to 5AA or MMM

I explained it earlier - but it was a pretty obvious point about Murdoch-media attacks on Gillard.

Considering we were a few votes in SA away from unanimous conservative government nationally, I think the growing power of right wing press and radio is pretty clear.

Which is fine if that's what you agree with. I'm just pointing out the obvious ability of a media bias actually shaping public opinion.

How did this happen? Or is it just the local media's bias?
Did you see Hinkley in his presser talking tough and bragging about how much of a hard running side his lot are? They only beat Carlton who were all depressed with less than half a stadium of fans, in march.

I explained it earlier - but it was a pretty obvious point about Murdoch-media attacks on Gillard.

Considering we were a few votes in SA away from unanimous conservative government nationally, I think the growing power of right wing press and radio is pretty clear.

Which is fine if that's what you agree with. I'm just pointing out the obvious ability of a media bias actually shaping public opinion.

I think your confusing media bias with confirmation bias

Rucci.
About a week and a half ago Rowey pointed out to Rucci that he had written 72% of his football articles (polite version of the word rubbish) about Port Parasites, and only 28% about the Crows. Rucci made a half-arsed effort to refute that but ceased when Rowey told him he had counted them, and defied him to go back and check for himself.

Did Rowey also give a % of the number of positive statements he had made about the Crows ?

I think the following post sums Rucci up:

but watch Rucci turn on his own if Port start being pathetic port again, his attack on Primus was relentless

He claims credit when things are going well, and is the first to apportion blame when the shit hits the fan.
(even in stairwells)

I reckon part of it is the natural order of things.

Two team town, one big, one small.

There is going to be an element that drifts away from or is not drawn to the big club. Too conformist, too much like everybody else, they don't need the support, get everything handed to them on a platter etc.

There is going to be an element that is attracted to the smaller club. Underdog, makes you a bit unique, non-comformist, they need the support.

I think it's natural for the teams to end up closer in size, like West Coast and Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you'll from that Rowey talks up everything Crows and Port though, even though deep down he probably doesn't care about port he at least pretends to.

There's plenty of cases where he sinks the boot in to port. I can't remember the last time he had a go at the Crows for anything.... mind you, this is probably why: http://www.afc.com.au/the-club/information/ambassadors

Remember his stance on the AFL clubs going into the SANFL and how it changed on a sixpence the minute Adelaide made their submission.

Now I don't mind, as everyone knows he passionately Adelaide. But I find it odd its him having a go at Rucci about being positive about Port this pre-season... given theres been pre-seasons in the not to distant past (under Primus) where Rucci was savage of Port.
While moving him on was the right call, Rucci was first in line with the pitchfork .... and then tried to paint it as him sticking up for Rucci and attacked the club for not supporting him.

Last edited:
My point is that he talks up both sides though, no doubt he talks up the Crows way too much but he does that same with Port.

Yes I concede that. But you would admit its hard to think of a time he thinks the Crows have done anything wrong - so having a go at Rucci is somewhat pot and kettle stuff.

The difference is that Rowey isn't a journalist, he's a media personality, ex crows player and as you point out a crows ambassador. Rucci is meant to be our chief football writer.

And as I also pointed out, Rucci has been savage on Port at times.

Right now they are in a honeymoon of sorts having overachieved what most figured they would last year. The expectations will slowly rise now, and they will get less credit for similar output.

that being said, its hard to find much negative about how they have gone about it over the past 6 months.

This isn't just coincidence its almost a planned strategy by the Adelaide media to overrate port while being derrogatory towards the AFC. I actually did a few tests in a couple of The Advertiser blogs. AntiPort comments ( not,rude) I posted were almost immediately deleted whereas incredibly derragotory antiAfc posts (some incredibly rude) were left in the blogs.

I subsequently cancelled my subscription to The Advertiser and would hope other AFC supporters do the same.

I have cancelled my subsription as well, I have had the Advertiser delivered every day for over 20 years but the level of journalism has be declining for years.

It has just been a habit, should of cancelled years ago - some days it went straight into the bin with the wrapper still on, haven't missed it at all.

Only when he has a personal agenda. Let's be honest, he's not balanced, insightful or thought provoking.

Agreed. Rucci is very much about himself and his agendas - and writes to that end. Even worse on radio. He's also an ordinary researcher.

What i don't get is why crows supporters still buy The advertiser or listen to 5aa.

This x 1000.

The Crapvertiser has never been worth paying actual money for.

5AA are a beast without fangs. They tend to do a lot of whinging but whenever they actually have the chance to interview players and coaches, they lose their backbone and go into circle-jerk mode.

This x 1000.

The Crapvertiser has never been worth paying actual money for.

5AA are a beast without fangs. They tend to do a lot of whinging but whenever they actually have the chance to interview players and coaches, they lose their backbone and go into circle-jerk mode.
And its all lack of choice for mine.

Create more choice in media options and everyone will lift their game.

This isn't just coincidence its almost a planned strategy by the Adelaide media to overrate port while being derrogatory towards the AFC. I actually did a few tests in a couple of The Advertiser blogs. AntiPort comments ( not,rude) I posted were almost immediately deleted whereas incredibly derragotory antiAfc posts (some incredibly rude) were left in the blogs.

I subsequently cancelled my subscription to The Advertiser and would hope other AFC supporters do the same.

I don't buy it.

Port are exciting, engaging and on the rise.

We're stagnant, we don't present well, we keep making mistakes, and the goals we do kick (ie, Betts), we struggle to promote/capitalise on to the extent that we should.

Rightly or wrongly, I think our standing into the community is tainted, and it's making it difficult for us to gain/hold traction.

I don't buy it.

Port are exciting, engaging and on the rise.

We're stagnant, we don't present well, we keep making mistakes, and the goals we do kick (ie, Betts), we struggle to promote/capitalise on to the extent that we should.

Rightly or wrongly, I think our standing into the community is tainted, and it's making it difficult for us to gain/hold traction.

Wins.

Port had wins last year. Media fap.

We has wins in 2012. Media fap.

Win a few games, perception changes. We need to get on with football and win.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

You guys do realise that we think the adelaide media stink as much as you do right? fickle, bandwagoniers & unprofessional

Hinkley was interviewed by whateley on ABC radio yesterday & it was so refreshing to hear a professional intelligently conducted interview as opposed to 5AA or MMM

Did Rucci ever apologize to the club for his bashing of Port in 2012. Don't get me wrong I love abit of Port bashing as much as the next fanatical Crows supporter but even I felt he went way over the top. He brought gutter journalism to a all new low. It was embarrassing.

Remove this Banner Ad

When did Adelaide change?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back