When did Adelaide change?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's because of the fear of having your car vandalised…it is the only reason I don't have a Crows sticker on my car. It's not such a consideration if you put a Port sticker on a car. Truth.
So they vandaluse our cars yet we still allow them to post on here as long as they don't troll.

I don't read the Advertiser, I don't listen to talkback and I very rarely watch network news (to be honest I'm not sure why anyone would do any of these things, but that's not the point)... so basically I couldn't give a toss about this.

Let them talk about Port and let us go about our business. Results are all that matters.

It's because of the fear of having your car vandalised…it is the only reason I don't have a Crows sticker on my car. It's not such a consideration if you put a Port sticker on a car. Truth.
This was a big reason why Crows anything is not put in/on cars anymore..
Happened a few years back now..

Interesting - there's definitely something going on
I looked up an old Cornes article on Perrie last year. Rucci posted a comment, Cornes called him out on it.

The blog section is as important in firing up Crows fans. It sells papers unfortunately. I gave up caring about Rucci's snide comments and opinion pieces. And quite frankly, even though I don't like Pert Pear what he did to Primus was low. Granted Primus and the old board had to go, but to abuse his position in the media to push his personal barrow is unprofessional and in this case disgusting.

I like that there is premature fapulation in the media over Port Power. We can go about our business quitely.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

couldn't believe Rucci's article today suggesting that the SHAUN Burgoyne’s parting gift to Port Adelaide is ready to be unwrapped. Talking about going off premature......

Firstly on Butcher at this point in time the jury is not only undecided it is certainly not in favor of Butcher and Jasper Pittard has been extremely inconsistent and his good has been not bad however his worse has been awful

couldn't believe Rucci's article today suggesting that the SHAUN Burgoyne’s parting gift to Port Adelaide is ready to be unwrapped. Talking about going off premature......

Firstly on Butcher at this point in time the jury is not only undecided it is certainly not in favor of Butcher and Jasper Pittard has been extremely inconsistent and his good has been not bad however his worse has been awful

I wonder if he will write an article about Bernie's part gift?

The existence of this thread and the reactions shows things have changed, we are the ones now whinging about the media.

Pull your heads in, who gives a flying **** if they are getting a good run in the media. Let our footy do the talking and the positive media will follow. Oh and **** Port.

Hmmm. If you could just ignore biases in the media and have everything turn out for the best, Julia Gillard would still be PM.

Pittard 3 touches and Butcher 4 touches close to half time, looks like SB parting gift was a burning paper bag left on the door step

But at least Andrew Moore is having a good game.

Oh, wait ...

Mod Comment: come to our attention Moore is out injured. Benefit of the doubt given here, as I'm fairly sure Kristof didn't know and was just commenting on the fact he wasn't playing, but please remember injury trolling isn't tolerated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rucci.

It always comes back to that weasel Rucci. Or as John Cahill used to refer to him, "Ferret Face"

About a week and a half ago Rowey pointed out to Rucci that he had written 72% of his football articles (polite version of the word rubbish) about Port Parasites, and only 28% about the Crows. Rucci made a half-arsed effort to refute that but ceased when Rowey told him he had counted them, and defied him to go back and check for himself.

That's the exact opposite of the 2 supporter bases which is around 70% Crows and 30% Port.

As if that isn't enough Rucci is also on 5aa Saturday mornings and Sunday mornings, programs which are starting to drop heavily in the ratings as the 70% concentration on Port by Rucci continues. Virtually the only air time in which Adelaide gets a mention is when there is a negative to not only comment on but explode totally out of proportion.

The inverse holds for Port Parasites.

Was I captive in a time capsule or something as I seemed to miss Port winning the premiership last year. Every reference by the Italian gelding back to last year is about the fantastic year they had last year. FK me drunk!! if it wasn't for one of the arsiest bounces of all time resulting in THAT Monfries goal, Port wouldn't have even made the finals!

I thought Rucci reached his peak in inanity when in an article in the 'tiser this week, when referring to the Port team about to be selected for the game tonight against Carlton, he referred to it as Port's "first premiership squad". :eek:

Premiership, Rooch???? Premiership????? Was that the one they won when I was locked in a time capsule and know nothing about?? Were Port playing in last year's grand final wearing Hawthorn jumpers? Does that mean you think they're a lock to win this year's premiership?? Or were you just 9/10th's pissed on cheap red vino and otherwise occupied so that you wrote that one-hand??

As others have said, just wait until they lose a few, and, god forbid, perish the thought, blah blah blah, the natural order will be restored, with even Rucci squinting through his one eye at his typewriter as he loads up the venom to vilify the current recipients of his praise.

And at last the Port Parasite honeymoon will be over, with the threat of divorce looming. :)

Great reading. That second flag is close though macca. You need only look at the quality they have through the middle; they'll go close soon unless the suns rise a little quicker than projected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great reading. That second flag is close though macca. You need only look at the quality they have through the middle; they'll go close soon unless the suns rise a little quicker than projected.

Behind Gws and then Gold Coast Port have the third most 1st round draft picks aged under 28 in the competition. They will be around the mark.

Keeping in mind that both Harlett and Wingard play most of their footy outside of the square you obviously rate Boak, Broadbent, Cornes, Ebert and Wines as a collective unit in front of Dangerfield, Sloane, Thompson, Douglas and B Crouch

It's simple economics.

When you have a town with only two clubs, you can afford to follow both closely. And the reality is, the best (most read) articles, or the highest rating radio segments, will always be about a team that's winning. And the second best will always be about potting a team that's not winning.

While Port are on an uphill trend, and the Crows are on a downhill trend, you'll always see a larger proportion of media attention on Port, and the remaining media attention on the Crows will be negative.

Eventually the wheel will turn, and the ratio of media focus on us will swing back in our favour again. All we have to do is start playing some good footy, and the media will spend plenty of time talking/writing about it.

Not to turn this into a political discussion, but you had one of the best functioning governments and economies in the world somehow tossed out, after 18 months of Murdoch-media attacks.

Compare Gillard's understanding of finance and international politics with Abbott's. And yet the Australian public had a year or more of crap about hairdresser boyfriends and pink bats.

It's naive to say that the media can't irrevocably change public opinion. That's why Gina Reinhardt would buy Fairfax, and why Murdoch changed the politics of the Australian.

I'm not saying they're wrong. I'm saying it's clear and obvious.

5AA led the charge against the state jumper and take an anti crows slant every chance they get. They consistently talk us down and port up - the only focus they have on us is injury related.

Still - as Pete said above - this is no bad thing really
How can this be a good thing? Potential new supporters and sponsors can't be attracted to a club that is continually running second to the only other club in town. The only good thing I can see in this is that it feeds some supporters underdog stance. Well we shouldn't be the underdogs.

We need to be Telstra. Let Port be Vodaphone.

It started around when Mcarthy died.

Not uncommon, ive seen a few, 01, 02, 04, 07 and now, us winning the 97/98 flags was a huge blow to them.

This current one speaks for itself really though, they won both showdowns last year, played finals, rookie coach feel good story like sando in '12, played finals, high profile manager, burgess, membership records and polec...compared to tippet gate, no finals, tex injury.

Mark my words they will get blown away this year, they will not play finals and then the neanderthals wont show up to AO. BANK IT.

May I?

At the end of the day we need to be better than them on the field.

Some of the exaggeration about how good they are is ridiculous. Even minus a forward line and only running out 3 quarters last year we were only 1 random bounce behind them.

They're up and about atm but we've all seen how fickle they are when the inevitable bad news comes around

Doesn't help that the faces of our media outlets are Port fan boys. We all know about Rucci, Bone is a PAP Fap, Steve Rowe is trying to back up Port so the PAP fan boys stop ringing to abuse him. Even Tredders has infiltrated Triple M and Channel Nine with his Pro and bias Port knowledge. Yes, we have Roo, but he seems to be neutral at every publicly-spoken .
This is frustrating from a crows supporters point of view. I know he is now working in the media but his love for port this season is over the top for a former Crows captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

When did Adelaide change?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back