hille is sexy

Debutant
Sep 25, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool & the victory!!
I have heard that Franklin for the hawkshas been noinated this week for the rising star medal, and i was wondering how long till monfries gets nominated. I would like to hope it will be soon, seeings how he has played pretty much every game to date and has done a FANTASTIC job when he has been on the ground. I watched the game we played against the hawks and as well as i thought Franklin played i think that Angus played just as well maybe even better. We drafted Angus in the picks and he has so far proven to be a magnificent score, lets just hope he gets nominated soon, and then maybe even go to win, i think he can, he is a gr8 player and one worthy to wear that medal.

Oh great, just what we need... another intelligent Essendon post.

When will he be nominated, if he is nominated? When he plays a better than average game, he has been solid in his first few games but nothing spectacular like a Lance Franklin or Kepler Bradley.

I may as well be Essendon recruiting manager.

In 2003, I called for the Pies to pick Ricky Dyson at pick 17. We took Billy Morrison. Hasn't played a game, won't play one. Will probably be delisted at year's end. Good job boys.

In 2004, I called for us to take Angus Monfries at pick 10. We took Chris Egan. I haven't seen Egan yet but Monfries has played every game so far and looks a player.

I think we've started picking the best available players rather than those we need. Ie from 2000-2002 we picked players we needed instead of the best available, and most of them were duds.

But in 2003 we changed that and an example of it was us picking Bradley over Tenace. People said we needed pace, but we went for the best available player. Now its a case of Kane who? :D

Angus looks like he'll be a good player for us.

hille is sexy said:
I have heard that Franklin for the hawkshas been noinated this week for the rising star medal, and i was wondering how long till monfries gets nominated. I would like to hope it will be soon, seeings how he has played pretty much every game to date and has done a FANTASTIC job when he has been on the ground. I watched the game we played against the hawks and as well as i thought Franklin played i think that Angus played just as well maybe even better. We drafted Angus in the picks and he has so far proven to be a magnificent score, lets just hope he gets nominated soon, and then maybe even go to win, i think he can, he is a gr8 player and one worthy to wear that medal.

He's averaging 5 kicks, 3 handballs, 2.5 marks and 1 tackle per game.
Probably needs to do a tiny little bit more to get a nom. :rolleyes:

Will be a player though. Just not this year.

It's funny the way supporters of lowly clubs seem to take the greatest interest in rising star nominations.

Not funny actually . . . it's pretty sad.

If it isn't obvious by now, if you play well enough for long enough you'll get a nomination. I couldn't give a stuff if Raph Clarke got a nomination or not - as long as he keeps playing like he did on the weekend that'll be reward enough for me.

JeffDunne said:
It's funny the way supporters of lowly clubs seem to take the greatest interest in rising star nominations.

If it isn't obvious by now, if you play well enough for long enough you'll get a nomination. I couldn't give a stuff if Raph Clarke got a nomination or not - as long as he keeps playing like he did on the weekend that'll be reward enough for me.
Pretty sad?

Your club bloody jumped 10 miles in the air every time one of their players got a nomination a few years ago.

jarryd_s said:
....in 2003 we changed that and an example of it was us picking Bradley over Tenace. People said we needed pace, but we went for the best available player. Now its a case of Kane who? :D

Angus looks like he'll be a good player for us.

More like in 2003 how did the clubs in front of you in the draft not pick Bradley. Especially the bulldogs who are short on talls.

jarryd_s said:
Pretty sad?

Your club bloody jumped 10 miles in the air every time one of their players got a nomination a few years ago.
And where were we on the ladder?

Wasn't much else to get excited about - and yes it was all a little sad.

Oh god - St Kilda supporters are starting to patronise Essendon supporters about their lowly position.

Please, this has got to stop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JeffDunne said:

its funny how st kilda have achieved nothing, and have finished at the bottom for years and consider other clubs to be 'lowly'.

Remove this Banner Ad

When will monfires be nominated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back