Where to from here..............

Remove this Banner Ad

Now 3-3 and the reality is we will struggle (on paper) to win one one of the next 4. If we are 3 wins and 7 losses in four weeks thats the season over and we will be bottom three.
Is that good enough?
And our gun recruit is doing so well - McKernan fumbled and farted all day and turned the ball over in the last 90 seconds.

I just don't think we have progressed from last year.

Recruiting McKernan wasn't smart, it wasn't a move forward.

Last year we dropped alot of games that we should've won...doing it again. We'll probably win the next two - because they are two games we shouldn't win.

During the week I looked at the fixture and had us finishing 9-13 after 22 rounds, and that was with the Footscray game as a win.

We played a half of good footy, and went missing the other half. Hard to pump us up after blowing a 7 goal lead - you gotta wonder why they can make it look so easy for half a game, and then not turn up for the second half.

Maybe those media people who have copped a hiding on here for not rating us aren't as far off the mark as we'd like to think?

I just hope we persist with the younger guys. Hale, Chad Jones etc; and look to promote Watson,Trotter, Shore and the like. If we do that, I'm sure we will move forward....even if it doesn't show on the ladder.

Originally posted by Blaze Away
bring in Kris Shore and Joel Perry.

Plus Mc Intosh, Urch, Grima and Watson. Who would go out for them, McKernan, King(his last year) for a start.

Originally posted by 1jasonoz
Plus Mc Intosh, Urch, Grima and Watson. Who would go out for them, McKernan, King(his last year) for a start.

Plus Trotter, but we don’t wont to OD on youth, for where we are at as a team we have it roughly right not. Balance of youth/experience I mean, the worst thing we could do is move youth out and replace them Stevo, Archer, Porter and Rocca. With injuries to Motlop and Jones I think we do need Rocca in, Chad Jones can play the third tall. While Chad Jones didn’t much of it, I did like the way he moved and looks skilled. Happy to persist with him.

While Hale looks great he still needs to learn a better ruck technique at this level and fill out a bit more. So he is really a second ruck at this stage, for mine its either Porter or McKernan and ill take Corey any day. Hopefully by next season Hale can take No1, bcos both Porter and McKernan are battlers at best and need to start thinking about life after. Hale could be a forward, but he has a knack of getting in the right position around the ground and provides a great link up. Is good below the knees as shown today and hits targets, would seem a waste to have someone with these smarts as a pure forward. But yes he needs help.

This where its tough, both Porter and McKernan are real worries and im sure neither will ever play in a premiership team again. Also this year may well be the last year for Rocca, King, Archer and Stevo. So surely we don’t wont to rely on any of these guys too much?

Originally posted by Wels Eicke
Maybe those media people who have copped a hiding on here for not rating us aren't as far off the mark as we'd like to think?

I just hope we persist with the younger guys. Hale, Chad Jones etc; and look to promote Watson,Trotter, Shore and the like. If we do that, I'm sure we will move forward....even if it doesn't show on the ladder.

Based on what I read into the game (haven't watched it yet) sounds like the 'players mentality / attitude' is the killer.
35pts up late in the third then decide to put the cue back in the rack... as far as I'm concerned...sounds like that after game Colby Rnd3 conference really SUNK IN !! :rolleyes: deserved to lose that one and now after copping a nice rogering by the Saints and Swans, NO lessons have been learned. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Whether JYD decides to swing the axe and make a statement will only be the only way some players will feel the reality of this otherwise it's the same BS....sometimes a backward step or two needs to be taken to put things into perspective.

Originally posted by Woodson
Based on what I read into the game (haven't watched it yet) sounds like the 'players mentality / attitude' is the killer.
35pts up late in the third then decide to put the cue back in the rack... as far as I'm concerned...sounds like that after game Colby Rnd3 conference really SUNK IN !! :rolleyes: deserved to lose that one and now after copping a nice rogering by the Saints and Swans, NO lessons have been learned. :mad: :mad: :mad:

In terms of developing the players approach to the game, it was probably better that we lost the game. To have won it may have papered over a few cracks.

Originally posted by Shinboners
In terms of developing the players approach to the game, it was probably better that we lost the game. To have won it may have papered over a few cracks.

I totally agree. I think that if we had won this one, a few players who really need to look at themselves would have just sat back and accepted the 4 points. But now with the loss, i really hope some players take a good hard look at themselves, and realise that they aren't bigger than the team, and need to stick by the team plan for a full 4 quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by 1jasonoz
I totally agree. I think that if we had won this one, a few players who really need to look at themselves would have just sat back and accepted the 4 points. But now with the loss, i really hope some players take a good hard look at themselves, and realise that they aren't bigger than the team, and need to stick by the team plan for a full 4 quarters.

The thing is that I reckon we might have to sit through a few of these "taking a loss from the jaws of victory" games before the message really sinks it.

I think the players are scared of losing, hence why they freeze up. Instead of being scared, they have to develop a HATRED of losing - and with that, they'll make sure that they nail games shut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where to from here..............

Remove this Banner Ad

Back