Which is the better flake?

Which is the better flake from the fish n chip shop?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

While we are at it - what other stuff on the FNC menu do folks here go for?

I love a battered kabana. Pumpkin cakes (instead of potato) are surprisingly good. Used to love pineapple fritters but it has been a while.
I am a very boring potato cakes and steamed dim Sims. Rarely change my order.

Love the odd hamburger too. Idk why I don't get them more often from fish n chip shops they are legit fantastic

While we are at it - what other stuff on the FNC menu do folks here go for?

I love a battered kabana. Pumpkin cakes (instead of potato) are surprisingly good. Used to love pineapple fritters but it has been a while.
Flake, potato cake, minimum chips = happy Homer.

Never seen a pumpkin cake but it sounds ok. Sweet potato could go alright.
FNC burgers or steak sandwich usually good too.

Not a big seafood person but calamari is nice occasionally.

One fried snapper or barramundi, three potato cakes, one dim sim and a pickled onion.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Damn you people!

Anyone recommend a good fish and chippery in South Melbourne?

Getting hard to find

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn you people!

Anyone recommend a good fish and chippery in South Melbourne?

Getting hard to find

I live on the Capricorn Coast. They're a dime a dozen. We also have a lot of Indians here so whenever we get take away the question is "Indian or Seafood?"

If you're even in the area, the Adelaide River roadhouse used to do a ripping battered barra. Always worth a stop coming down from Darwin!
I was once in Tibooburra for work and my workmate asked the barmaid at the pub if the seafood basket was fresh

She gave him a withering look and said ‘yeah I went down to the beach and caught it this morning’

The best grilled flake I ever got would have been down Altona beach. Just melted in my mouth 🤤

Geelong goes alright too
You need to go to Queenscliff ... and sell your car for it.

Flake, potato cake, minimum chips = happy Homer.

Never seen a pumpkin cake but it sounds ok. Sweet potato could go alright.
FNC burgers or steak sandwich usually good too.

Not a big seafood person but calamari is nice occasionally.
Calamari is a gamble. The battered ones are usually great, but always a tense moment when you're at an unfamiliar f&c and you open the bag to find those cursed crumbed things.

Calamari is a gamble. The battered ones are usually great, but always a tense moment when you're at an unfamiliar f&c and you open the bag to find those cursed crumbed things.
I don't think I've ever gotten calamari. Once I got a prawn. And of course have gotten the old crab stick but not for years and years now.

/That sounds completely dirty but there's no other way to word that sentence

God we are the worst
I'm a vegetarian myself. But there are usually sustainable alternatives. Butterfish (mulloway) in SA. I would imagine Melbourne has a similar cheap-ish fish??

I'm a vegetarian myself. But there are usually sustainable alternatives. Butterfish (mulloway) in SA. I would imagine Melbourne has a similar cheap-ish fish??
I mean I don't get flake for home and I've never really looked at alternatives at the fish and chip shop.

Will have to look next time

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is the better flake?

Back