Which team do you hate most and why? Has it changed?

Remove this Banner Ad

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Or dislike, if hate is too strong a word.

Growing up in the 90s I'd say Carlton and Essendon about equally. They were up and about, and I remember the start of the whole Kevin Sheedy scarf waving thing after they beat us. Seemed to generally have our measure too.

Actually had Freo as my second team until I just met many Freo fans who's attitude put me off. But I understand where they're come from, I admit many Eagles fans are arrogant nuffs.

I didn't dislike Collingwood as much in the 90s as they didn't do much. I vaguely remember that final in 94 I think. Eddie everywhere probably played some role in my increasing dislike of them (these days Im warming to Ed a bit more, his bias is kind of funny...although he invariably puts his footh in his big mouth), and I only really realised the whole 'everyone hates Collingwood' thing later not living in the Melbourne fishbowl.

After 2015 it was Hawthorn briefly. After 2016 it was probably Geelong, then in 2019 Richmond. After that Collingwood again...but since 2023 especially its been Collingwood, sick of them winning close games and this season in particular the umpires are getting more involved. I at least sort of respected them in 2022 and 2023 but it's become blatant in 2024.

I really disliked Hawthorn in the 2010s, but now I kind of miss them being good, and found it sad seeing them down the bottom, and have been cheering their recent performances.

West Coast and Collingwood fans irked me re: the Goodes debacle. Haven’t really forgiven them for that.

One day your time will come, and I will boo each and every one of you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood in the 90s.

They seemed like bullies to a naive boy growing up in Sydney. MacAllister, Monkhurst and fans that I saw on TV just felt off.

Eddie Everywhere improved their standing massively regardless of the man himself. I thoroughly enjoy Macrae's boys.

Collingwood in the 90s.

They seemed like bullies to a naive boy growing up in Sydney. MacAllister, Monkhurst and fans that I saw on TV just felt off.

Eddie Everywhere improved their standing massively regardless of the man himself. I thoroughly enjoy Macrae's boys.
Well fair enough, under Matthews we were pretty dirty. Monkhorst looked worse than he was, but he was pretty harsh (only bloke I saw go toe to toe with Plugger), Kelly was a thug, ditto Banks and Millane, Tony Shaw bashed and abused blokes, it was all a bit agricultural.

Hate them all :shrug:

$hitney - COLA cheats
Carltank - salary cap cheats
Essendong - drug cheats
LOLions - draft cheats
Failmantle - failures
Great unWaShed - plastic franchise cheats
GeeLOL - minnow bumpkins
Poorf - get torn apart weekly
Dreamons - irrelevant downhill skiers
Welfare - 2flag jokes
Fold Coast - no finals lol
Horf - Kennett's golliwogs
Aints - 1flag rapists
Crom - country bumpkins
Wurst Coast - arrogant boogles
Tuggers - 9thmond
lolnorf - say no more

Still have a lingering disdain for West Coke after 1992 and 1994. That goes for Carlton and Hawthorn as well.

Richmond is currently my most hated however, because of the 2020 GF, their ugly style of play, and their borderline terrifying supporter base.

View attachment 2033361View attachment 2033363View attachment 2033364View attachment 2033371

I rest my case.

Don’t be such an arrogant flog. Every club has feral supporters, even Geelong. We’ve all seen news footage of fights at Kardinia Park and I remember a video of some Geelong kid at a game at the ‘G bashing the seats and dropping f-bombs because they were losing. Have a good look in your own backyard before hanging shit on others.

Have a nice day

Don’t be such an arrogant flog. Every club has feral supporters, even Geelong. We’ve all seen news footage of fights at Kardinia Park and I remember a video of some Geelong kid at a game at the ‘G bashing the seats and dropping f-bombs because they were losing. Have a good look in your own backyard before hanging shit on others.

Have a nice day
Yes they do, but your club is seriously over represented. The only supporter group who consistently mouth off for no reason every time I go to the footy. I just try to avoid Richmond vs Geelong games now all together these days. Over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team do you hate most and why? Has it changed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back