Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

You'll just have to watch more football, and learn comprehensive.
“Learn comprehensive”.

No amount of wriggling in here will cover for your inability to own your dumb take.

Me too.

Hey Jeremias

Calsher Dear > Charlie Curnow
James Blanck > Jacob Weitering
Josh Ward > Sam Walsh

Sorry mate, but Carlton has nothing to do with this thread.

This thread is for fans of teams at the lower end of the ladder to console themselves after poor performances and bottom 4-6 finishes.

Carlton went through it but are now no longer focussed on signs from youth but rather winning and seeing how far up the ladder we can finish.

This thread is for fans of teams at the lower end of the ladder to console themselves after poor performances and bottom 4-6 finishes.

Carlton went through it but are now no longer focussed on signs from youth but rather winning and seeing how far up the ladder we can finish.
All good mate, I'm just taking the piss

“Learn comprehensive”.

No amount of wriggling in here will cover for your inability to own your dumb take.
It's so funny to see you try so hard to convince me that Hawthorn are actually a good team.

It's funny because you have no ability to make rational case like most posters here, but think that baiting me with words like 'coward' or 'dumb' actually matter on an anonymous online forum.:laughing:

It's also funny that you won a couple of games and you pulled me back in here to gloat that you aren't a middling team, but you are 13th on the ladder! 😂

So much fun seeing a reply from you pop up when I login, desperate to bait everyone so you can make yourself feel better for the long winter years you are down the bottom.

We'll give you and the bombres a wave as we cross paths on the ladder!

It's so funny to see you try so hard to convince me that Hawthorn are actually a good team.

It's funny because you have no ability to make rational case like most posters here, but think that baiting me with words like 'coward' or 'dumb' actually matter on an anonymous online forum.:laughing:

It's also funny that you won a couple of games and you pulled me back in here to gloat that you aren't a middling team, but you are 13th on the ladder! 😂

So much fun seeing a reply from you pop up when I login, desperate to bait everyone so you can make yourself feel better for the long winter years you are down the bottom.
I think you need to “learn comprehensive” if you think I’m trying to do anything more than get you to back up your claim that Hawthorn’s best talents will or have peaked, leaving them middling out.

Should I ask again for you to give me a list of the players who have already peaked on the list, or will you just double down on ignoring it?

I think you need to “learn comprehensive” if you think I’m trying to do anything more than get you to back up your claim that Hawthorn’s best talents will or have peaked, leaving them middling out.

Should I ask again for you to give me a list of the players who have already peaked on the list, or will you just double down on ignoring it?

No.

13th is the best you ever will be.

Newcombe, Day and Weddle have cleared peaked in their under 23 years.

All of them next year.

200.gif

It's easier to just say most the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree North’s women’s team is better than their men’s team.

The women’s team won 9 from 13 games last year.

The men’s team has 6 wins since the start of 2022.

North Melbourne

I agree with you that his ratings were generous and pretty optimistic for the future.

I do think, though, that Lewis' career to date has somewhat mirrored that of Charlie Curnow. I'm not suggesting it will turn out as well as it did with Curnow - but up until Curnow was 25, he had only kicked over 20 goals once in his career, with a season high of 34 goals (in 20 games). He'd never averaged close to 2 goals a game. He was injury prone but whenever he was fit, he showed signs of great potential, often taking games by the scruff of the neck and doing damage all over the ground before again succumbing to injury. Now, finally injury free, he is the definition of a superstar.

Lewis is now 25 and he too is constantly succumbing to injury, having never played more than 15 games in a season. When fit, however, he has looked very good. Roaming the ground, taking contested marks and kicking goals. In fact, he has kicked 37 goals and 36 goals from 15 game seasons the last 2 years, from a bottom 4 team. To put that into perspective, we are about 15 rounds in now and those tallies would put him 3rd in the Coleman. In fact, he was leading the Coleman in 2022 before his first injury and had the highest goal average in the league after 15 rounds before injury struck again and he was eventually sent for surgery.

He may never get the continuity that Curnow found and is unlikely to reach his level but he has shown the ability to be a very good forward when fully fit, with much higher goal averages the last few years than the likes of Darcy Fogarty (or even Curnow before he was 25 and started playing full seasons).
Hopefully he gets a decent run at it to see if he can take his game to the next level. Hits the scoreboard for fun when up and about.

Who are the not A graders?

Rankine and Dawson are there already.

Michalanney, Murray, Soligo, Rachele, Thilthorpe all definitely have shown the potential to be A graders.

Most uncompetitive is a big stretch. They’ve won 2 games and lost 7, only one of those being a genuine blow out. They’re not performing that badly considering the injuries to Thilthorpe, Himmelberg, Murray, Worrell, Walker across the season. If you take out that many key position players of the list and replace them with the top ups us and Port have to use in the SANFL and you’re unlikely to win.

I do agree though we are wasting him at full back but he’s far from forgotten.

Wasn’t selected is also just untrue. He has played one SANFL game since his ACL (was dominant in that game btw). Not sure how many players have returned to the league side first game back after a year out but okay.
Just saw a second year 20 year old player off a year out with an ACL come straight back into the league side … but okay.

You know, I was just thinking that this thread needed a dozen pages of a Dom/Jeremias shitfight.

I think Dewey is onto something. With the new rating system that was introduced. , with the S. rating. The S stands for Superstar. Now with my fragile little mind, it conjured up images of these certain types of players getting changed in a phone box while wearing their tightly whitey Y fronts on the outside of their shorts, doing all kinds of wonderful things. So it got me thinking, on the other spectrum, if S (Superstar) is greater than an A+ what rating could be lower than a D. Only thing I could think of could be an R. The R stands for Ralph Wiggins from The Simpsons fame. With “I’m still learning. I donut have skills yet” so I’m just going to call the new level Ralph. While I really can’t think of any players receiving a Ralph, from the three teams listed at the moment, the only example i can come up with is Essendon believing that they will win a final, that’s a Ralph.

So I’m in agreement the old D to A+ rating is too mundane. I’m hoping this is comprehensive enough for Lobu to comprehend…

Bailey Smith will fit in quite nicely at the Hawks next year

I think the hardest part about watching us win 7 of the past 8 with the second youngest team in the comp is the knowledge that long term, we don’t have enough “top end talent” for it to actually mean anything.

Just need to find a way to somehow keep up the faith.
Orange font?

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back