Senior List
Oct 20, 2006
Full Back
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Old Colls RUFC, Man Utd.
Hello Swans Supporters,

Not trolling here, I thought you would be best to ask. I just wanted to know why Sydney don't wear white shorts when they play away?
And, why do away teams where 'home' shorts when they play against Sydney?

I'd just be interested to know if there was a reason at all.

Hello Swans Supporters,

Not trolling here, I thought you would be best to ask. I just wanted to know why Sydney don't wear white shorts when they play away?
And, why do away teams where 'home' shorts when they play against Sydney?

I'd just be interested to know if there was a reason at all.

I am pretty sure it is up to the team they are playing against. Because Sydney don't really clash with anybody, I guess nobody sees it as an issue.

The idea of the white shorts was so you could tell the teams apart. With the only red shorts around, I do not think that is required.

funny you post this... i was just thinking why the swans never wear white shorts ther other night when i was watching melbourne

i guess there's no need for us to really, the swans outfit doesn't clash with anyone's home outfit. i'm guessing this is probably why...?

if the opposition wore white shorts against the swans it could be perceived as a clash because the swans jumper has a fair bit of white in it.

I am pretty sure it is up to the team they are playing against. Because Sydney don't really clash with anybody, I guess nobody sees it as an issue.

The idea of the white shorts was so you could tell the teams apart. With the only red shorts around, I do not think that is required.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329445

Usually it is the home team is allowed to wear their preferred uniform. (home strip) The away team has to wear their clash strip.
I don't think the swans have got a clash strip because they seem to have the same home strip everywhere. So they don't have white shorts.

Does anyone remember when the Swans switched from the completely Red socks to the Red and White stripped socks. I always prefered the fully red socks personally.

haha the theory goes that the hoop socks are a jinx...

someone can correct me if i'm wrong but i think we wore plain red in 2005 and hoops in 2006... and we all know what happened in those y ears

personally, i like the "where's wally" look :D, despite the "curse"

I know we wore all red in 05, don't know about 06 though. I HATE the hoops, wish we went back to the plain red.
Speaking of socks, BBBH hasn't been pulling his up before taking a shot most of the time this year. It's something that I think, he once did religiously, like Lloyd and his grass tossing. Maybe he should give it a go, couldn't hurt.

thanks all for your contributions so far, much appreciated. btw i like the hoop socks they are ace!

someone can correct me if i'm wrong but i think we wore plain red in 2005 and hoops in 2006... and we all know what happened in those y ears

enlighten me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct! The original outfit was designed for all red socks! .... 2006 hoops... oops:eek:

The white shorts especially since all Swans follow a mantra of avoiding the tight "cappers" are very unflattering and look dreadful ask any sliming conscious woman! Whiteshorts: Psych advantage to opposition!

Made pluggers rear look too big. Seriously the last time we played in white shorts would have been 2001-02.

As for the hopped socks - i don't mind them at all.

If anything bring back the red V and get rid of the horrid yoke we have atm. I have never been a fan of the opera house/swan silhouette since the first day they introduced it. Great concept but looks shitty on the shirt. Good for the logo though.

Over the last few years we have still worn White shorts when Brisbane at the GABBA as the Maroon & Red may cause a slight clash. Agreed however that the White Shorts look shocking. Nearly as bad as a game I saw the other day from the Eighties where Fitzroy wore Yellow and the Dogs wore Red Shorts.

we are the only team who wears red shorts apart from essendons experiment with it this year. last time we wore white shorts was against brisbane a few years back. white shorts would look good with our heritage guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

white shorts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back