wart101

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 18, 2006
Under the fridge
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland FC
I think one thing that has plagued RFC in recent decades LMAO is the amount of mediocre players on our list, the troubling thing for me is these players are allowed to remain, in my opinion these players unless something major changes should be dropped and we should start to fish ( @ draft time ) for hardball getters.............

Shultz - under achiever
Jackson - very over rated IMO
kelvin Moore - very mediocre
Tambling - under achieved
JON - who is this player ?

I would have put white in this list but it looks as tho he is gonna have a stand out year the way his been playing....

some say tucky but IMO he is a very underrated player :|

I'm not including any of the younger players like, edwards and so on, they are to younge to even be playing AFL IMO and it's fair to give them time i say.

I think one thing that has plagued RFC in recent decades LMAO is the amount of mediocre players on our list, the troubling thing for me is these players are allowed to remain, in my opinion these players unless something major changes should be dropped and we should start to fish ( @ draft time ) for hardball getters.............

Shultz - under achiever
Jackson - very over rated IMO
kelvin Moore - very mediocre
Tambling - under achieved
JON - who is this player ?

I would have put white in this list but it looks as tho he is gonna have a stand out year the way his been playing....

some say tucky but IMO he is a very underrated player :|

I'm not including any of the younger players like, edwards and so on, they are to younge to even be playing AFL IMO and it's fair to give them time i say.

Fair to give Edwards time but not JON? Harsh on Jackson and even moreso on Moore.

Shultz - under achiever no, overrated.
Jackson - very over rated IMO :thumbsu:
kelvin Moore - very mediocre at this stage still another one year wonder until he proves otherwise
Tambling - under achieved.yes he has...not the complete hack some halfwits peg him as, had his head messed with by Wallace, needs to be played at HBF and left there...recruiting an inferior clone in Mcturnover didn't help his cause...
JON - who is this player ? being played for no more than 2 games in a row here and there hasn't helped...could be good , could be the dud everyone says...giving him this year and the next is not unreasonable for a kid his age... contrary to the bleatings of the mob.. has shown glimpses...

Deledio has also under achieved, an elite in the making but yet to truly show it...another stifled by Richmonditis I fear...

Foley...under achieved far too inconsistent, has broken games wide open and turned them in our favour something Lids has yet to really do, but like him goes missing far too often...

I still say Polo is overrated, not a bad player by any means, but far too slow for my liking and prone to errors under pressure, gets caught in two minds. The latter can be fixed, the former can't be.

Pattison is the epitome of mediocrity.

Blokes like King, Raines and Mcmahon are simply crap.

:)THE thing that MOST here on the Richmond forum overlook is that, while we have a bunch of mediocre of players, there are currently more mediocre or average players currently out of the team than in it.
I would suggest the likes of King (full points for trying, gives his all, poorly skilled), Schulz (never taken the next step), Jackson (battler, no more - no less) and Graham are mediocre, Tambling not (difference between average and down on confidence), there are plenty at Coburg who fall into that category.
JON, Hughes (what you think he's an upgrade on Schulz????), Gourdis, McMahon, Pettifer, Johnson (well past his best), Silvestor (he even on the list) and others are mediocre.
It's whether they improve and develop that's the key.
Our problem now is more players being shot on confidence!!!

I think it would be easier to ask 'Who on our list could be considered a reliable kick?'
If I answered my own question, only Deledio, Brown, Newman, Connors and Morton would rate a pass mark with probably Cotchin there as well and you could throw in Cousins if you wanted to.

Our problem now is more players being shot on confidence!!!

Round 22, 2008 - Richmond killed Melbourne by 80 points or so.
Round 12, 2008 - Richmond piled 8.7 in second quarter against the Dees.

Hopefully if the trend continues, we can beat Melbourne by 100 points or so.

There is not much different between Round 22's team and the team that we are sporting at the moment, so I see no reason why we can't defeat them comprehensively.

Edit: A bit too optimistic. We'll probably win by 20 points or something.

I think it would be easier to ask 'Who on our list could be considered a reliable kick?'
If I answered my own question, only Deledio, Brown, Newman, Connors and Morton would rate a pass mark with probably Cotchin there as well and you could throw in Cousins if you wanted to.

NOT sure Brown is so reliable these days. His kicking in general play has been deplorable at times this season.

The players i would delist are:
King
Mcmahon
Oakleigh Nicholls
Hislop
Johnson
Bowden

Players I would trade if possible are:
Raines
Schultz
Pettifer

spot on:thumbsu:

not sure on thommo from port, could be added to the delist, list.

it would be a massive turnover but id love to see it happen and give some kew kids a go.

Cleve Hughes.

Like him or hate him he is a very good kick and wouldn't kick 1.2 with 2 out on the full.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mediocre players.
shultz - does some goods things but can't finish really does not bring alot.
king - no skills end of story.
hughes - lack of effort, will not make it.
Mcmuffin - soft and weak.
pettifer - was alright but no longer cuts it with lots of pressure needed from forwards.

once good but to old now (should retire)
- bowden
- johnson

The following 7 should be gone at the end of the year with the possability of brown, cousins and richo retiring also. Maybe hughes can stay if he turns it all around in the next 19 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are the Mediocre players ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back