Who else is looking forward to Geelong collapsing into a crumbling heap in 2023?

Is Geelong a backwards hick town with a team that will decline in 2023?

• Yes, of course

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • No, and I find my siblings attractive

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Jason Horne-Francis-Watts already has a pool membership in Adelaide

Votes: 25 55.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You should go post this on the main board where all opposition supporters (especially pies supporters) are asking for afl intervention because in their words we are too good and unstoppable.
Yes, the collected wisdom of the main board of BigFooty. If only we could harness that awesome energy, we could power an LED garden light for about 11 seconds.

Yes, the collected wisdom of the main board of BigFooty. If only we could harness that awesome energy, we could power an LED garden light for about 11 seconds.
Yes the mainboard is making it awfully hard for the bay to put up geelong are crap threads.

i embrace this new approach of arguing that next year we might just be like you. Its a sick burn.

i embrace this new approach of arguing that next year we might just be like you. Its a sick burn.
I would never argue you could be so handsome

Denial is more than just a river in Egypt, friends
Not Funny Drums GIF by Martin Almgren

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reality is Geelong are favourites for next year's flag dissevered favourites not by a margin but dissevered non the less. I don't see any great collapse anytime soon. Geelong don't seem to ever bottom out and I'm talking more recent times and then rebuild. The lose a couple and just top up. Rinse and repeat by topping up vs rebuild.
Is dissevered when someone cuts off your head, but then sticks it back on?

That actually fits all the predictions of Geelong falling of the cliff... Only to win the flag.

Well played, sir.

How else do you get a cheap, refundable flight? Wait till a week out and pay 3-4K and go via Singapore?

Cats have a habit of not going too well after a flag. They are no chance at back to back, they should just tank for a low pick now.
2008 - Runners Up
2010 - Preliminary Final
2012 - Finals .....

Can you tell us how Freo have backed up after their flags?
As for that low pick.... 7 sounds pretty good to me. Whats Freos first pick?

Is dissevered when someone cuts off your head, but then sticks it back on?

That actually fits all the predictions of Geelong falling of the cliff... Only to win the flag.

Well played, sir.
If we do fall off the cliff, (we wont, we dont) we wont leave it to Round 23 like your mob....

2008 - Runners Up
2010 - Preliminary Final
2012 - Finals .....

Can you tell us how Freo have backed up after their flags?
As for that low pick.... 7 sounds pretty good to me. Whats Freos first pick?
2008 - Clearly the best side all year and lost to your baby faced arch rivals. Probably the worst performance on the above list.
2010 - 2nd best team all year and lost 1st week. Got pumped in the prelim after easily despatching a young Freo side although you poked a bear in hindsight.
2012 - Out week 1 in finals from an inexperienced Freo side. Pav destroyed you.

All shit performances from a Dynasty team. You were past it by 2012 though.

I wouldn't go making too many back to back claims.

2008 - Clearly the best side all year and lost to your baby faced arch rivals. Probably the worst performance on the above list.
2010 - 2nd best team all year and lost 1st week. Got pumped in the prelim after easily despatching a young Freo side although you poked a bear in hindsight.
2012 - Out week 1 in finals from an inexperienced Freo side. Pav destroyed you.

All s**t performances from a Dynasty team. You were past it by 2012 though.

I wouldn't go making too many back to back claims.
Weeee're Baaaaaaack!

5254.jpg

Now do your last Premiership photo

One flag in a decade is "winning in all facets"? Hawthorn and Richmond with three flags each are corpses? I detect Bathwaterus Footscrayitis.

Bigger picture, you literally just made "middle of the pack" status. Good for you. Hopefully news of your demise is premature, but given your clubs history back-to-back is highly unlikely.

Have gone B2B more recently than the Pies and didn't need a stupid challenge system to win a number of flags back in the 20s or 30s.

Bay,

It's all rainbows and lollipops down at Corio right now.
Government payments have increased by 3%, they won the flag, they just brought in a GCS reject (pick 7) and Holden will no longer compete at Bathurst.

Like all simple folk, they are under the mistaken belief that the good times will continue ad infinitum.

They just lost their best ever player (in their opinion) to retirement, they held onto a player who wanted to leave (the fella with a name starting with R they can't spell) and Dangerfield, who was clearly just hanging on for that elusive flag, will be less hungry next year than Tom Hawkins' scientifically formulated exact opposite.

Enough trolling low hanging fruit - let us watch Geelong as the arrogance slowly dissipates and we get to see the 6 stages of grief unfold, slowly, in real time as 2023 wears on.

Does this really need another thread?

Couldn't you just have bumped the one from 2010 or 2011 or 2012 or 2013 etc, you get the gist.

No wonder you're bitter. Not one single victory in any final against Geelong and even in your premiership year you couldn't get past the puddy tats in two tries.

1976 Elimination Final - Geelong 14.18 d Footiscray 14.11
1992 Qualifying Final - Geelong 26.16 d Footiscray 17.9
1992 Preliminary Final - Geelong 22.17 d Footiscray 12.13
1994 Qualifying Final - Geelong 15.16 d Footiscray 15.11
1995 Qualifying Final - Geelong 24.11 d Footiscray 10.13
2008 Preliminary Final - Geelong 12.11 d Western Footiscray 7.12
2009 Qualifying Final - Geelong 14.12 d Western Footiscray 12.10

2016 h&a - Geelong 16.4 d Western Footiscray 5.13
2016 h&a - Geelong 16.17 d Western Footiscray 11.12

2017 couldn't back up your premiership by even making the finals.

Oh well, maybe next time Mothra.

Sorry for touching a nerve, Geelongs one flag "dynasties" are very special in their own way.

Even if some if them were won on the point if Mr Dank's needles.

And dont be sensitive that Geelong only just reached the double digit club (not even "the Big Boys" club, thats 12+ flags, but you've graduated from th minnows at least) after all it was the best they were capable of.

Historically Geelong Is a backward area, so any achievement should be celebrated for all that its worth. Good for them, they deserve a bit of joy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who else is looking forward to Geelong collapsing into a crumbling heap in 2023?

Back