Who is the greatest?

Who is the greatest WCE player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

if Judd continues his carrer with the eagles beyond 2005 he will most probably be the eagles best player ever, however to this point in the clubs history one would have to say that peter matera is our best ever player

MATERA:

-5 time AA
-Multiple West Coast B&F winner
-2 time premiership player
-Norm Smith medallist
-2nd in brownlow
-Consistently in the top 5 for the brownlow count
-over 200 games played

Glen Jakovich, then Matera, then daylight before McKenna, Worsfold, Kemp, Cousins and Lewis.

Jakoich is the only Eagle that could ever have been the considered the No. 1 player in the competition. Jakovich from 1992 - 1995 before his first knee injury was one of the CHBs in the game's history, and was the only player in the AFL capable of beating Wayne carey one-on-one.

Matera was also a fantastic player, and obiously, a Norm Smith Medallist. I think Matera was helped by being part of our midfield - he got a lot of protection and a big part of our gameplan revolved around releasing him into space allopwing him to carry the ball going forward.

As such, I believe Jakovich gets the nod because he was a stand-alone player around whom we built our defence - the area that probably won us our two premierships.

Total Package said:
Chris Judd - Our only brownlow medallist.

In my opinion, Matera at his best was better than Judd is right now. Don't get me wrong. Judd will be even better that he's now and if he stays with the Eagles may be our best player ever, but right now, I don't think Judd is better than Matera was at the top of his game.

peter matera, closely followed by dean kemp (if kemp played as long as matera then he would probobly be closer), and in a few years time judd

eaglenugget said:
peter matera, closely followed by dean kemp (if kemp played as long as matera then he would probobly be closer), and in a few years time judd

Yes thats quite accurate my fellow nugget, maybe in a few years u could be as great a nugget as i am.

actually nah, im the greatest.

RIP Nugget

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is the greatest?

Back