Strategy Who should be our next coach?

Who should coach the Adelaide Crows in 2025?

• Simon Goodwin - poach him from Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scott Burns - promote from within

• Brett Montgomery - bring him to coach, not to assist

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Simpson or Buckley. I don’t know if they can appoint another current assistant. People are hard on Buckley, he was one kick away from being a premiership coach. If that block had been rightly paid to Maynard WC probably wouldn’t have got up.

Neil Craig who couldn’t make a GF and choked in finals? That guy?

Buckley was one Dom Sheed brilliant goal from winning a flag.

And Craig was a non coked up Cousins from a GF ( on a day his ruckman did his ACL early as well from memory)

Loss is a loss - the Crows were one goal umpire decision away from playing our Bunnies Carlton in a final

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I would love to see the club give the job to Rahilly, I'm still convinced that Goodwin is going to be our next coach.

I honestly think that Roo's plan is to keep Nicks there long enough to blood the younger players and get the list ready and eventually will he arrange for his BFF Goody to come in and take over the reigns.
Premiership winning coach that has got a team to finals in most seasons he's been there, what is the issue?

You keep repeating that thing about the Sheed goal like it matters. Losing a GF by 5 points is no different to losing it by 48 points or 119 points.
I don't think lack of a flag should rule out Buckley

Same as it didn't rule Blight out of being successful coaching us or Malthouse at West Coast

Is he a good coach? Is he the best available option? Do we want another newbie or someone who has some experience under the belt?

Won't happen, but I would throw the kitchen sink at Luke Hodge.

I would ignore his coaching experience and back his playing career to give him credibility.

Understands the modern game.
Premiership winning player and coach
Played at a successful club
Understand the difficulties of a non Victorian club
Been through a rebuild
Very strong personality who won't follow the past coaches and implement his own culture.

Won't happen, but I would throw the kitchen sink at Luke Hodge.

I would ignore his coaching experience and back his playing career to give him credibility.

Understands the modern game.
Premiership winning player and coach
Played at a successful club
Understand the difficulties of a non Victorian club
Been through a rebuild
Very strong personality who won't follow the past coaches and implement his own culture.
I dont mind this but I do baulk at his lack of experience. Everything else you say is true

It reminds me of Voss and his 1st stint

I don't think lack of a flag should rule out Buckley

Same as it didn't rule Blight out of being successful coaching us or Malthouse at West Coast

Is he a good coach? Is he the best available option? Do we want another newbie or someone who has some experience under the belt?
You have to consider his overall record which is nearly 10 years of no success at one of the richest clubs in the land. Then do some mental gymnastics to try and convince yourself he will be better at reject shop Adelaide.

I dont mind this but I do baulk at his lack of experience. Everything else you say is true

It reminds me of Voss and his 1st stint
I dont have an answer for the Voss part, except I guess that's a risk the club would have to take.

The only difference, Voss would have has so many people around that club giving him advice and he would feel obligated to listen based on their long standing relationship. Hodge could come in and simply say, stay in your lane and just let me coach without hurting their feelings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Who should be our next coach?

Back