Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sportsbet have Ross Lyon at $2.00 clear fave. Clarkson, second fave, out to $7.00, was $4.00 just a few hours ago. Make of that what you will.

What a crock. Ed’s a media person now with no ties to the club other than I assume a membership. People need to move on from Ed the Pres.

He may have been referring to Ed’s proud day.

Re Ross Lyon - where did that sexual harassment claim against him end up?

Not sure I want to trade Collingwood 'the racist club' for Collingwood 'the misogynist club'.

Can we at least get a coach with a clean record? We also have a reputation/cultural black hole we're trying to get out of.

Ross Lyon will be a great Collingwood coach
regardless of his ‘defence’ mindset, he does have experience at a senior level. We just cannot afford a coach who has not coached at senior level. Too much at stake. If the club wants to be a serious contender within 3-5 years, we can’t have a ex-assistant coach. Our club is not a apprenticeship proving ground for the likes of Yze, Mitchell or anyone else who hasnt coached.

Will Ross Lyon be the best? who knows but he has experience which with new assistants will have us improve very quickly.

Ed’s a media person now with no ties to the club other than I assume a membership. People need to move on from Ed the Pres.

Pig's arse.

He states every five minutes that he would still be President if he wanted to.

Stating that Brown and Korda need to break bread together is an opinion that carries more weight when he says it than anyone else.

I am hearing Chris Scott is a massive chance.
This will happen if Jeff Browne gets in as Chris Scott is in Craig Kelly's stable, again Craig Kelly doing what suits himself and own personal interests.

Craig Kelly should be nowhere near a decision on our new coach. The potential conflict of interest is breathtaking.

Pig's arse.

He states every five minutes that he would still be President if he wanted to.

Stating that Brown and Korda need to break bread together is an opinion that carries more weight when he says it than anyone else.

LOL, he can say what he wants, doesn’t change the fact he’s no longer the pres. Anything he says is Ed media personality, nothing more. He’s paid to offer an opinion.

I am hearing Chris Scott is a massive chance.
This will happen if Jeff Browne gets in as Chris Scott is in Craig Kelly's stable, again Craig Kelly doing what suits himself and own personal interests.
It will get interesting if the Cats fall over in September again, he has never had to rebuild a list.

Sportsbet have Ross Lyon at $2.00 clear fave. Clarkson, second fave, out to $7.00, was $4.00 just a few hours ago. Make of that what you will.

I make of it that people watched TV last night.

These novelty markets move with tiny bets, because the total hold is so small on them.

Compare that to the hold on an NRL State of Origin game, or a Saturday thoroughbreds race at Flemington… it takes thousands to move a price or a line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The media are massively pushing for Lyon not even considering anyone else. Wtf are these people on, let’s hope those doing the selection have a few more brains. Look at the history of Lyon as a coach, game style and bringing on young players. If the morons in the media actually looked at this he’d be last on every list for a coach. His mates in the media trying to do him a favour, or is this just a massive troll of all magpie supporters to make us angry.

Would Chris Scott leave Geelong whilst they have a really good chance at a flag for the next 1-2 years with all these star albeit ageing players. Or start fresh with a secured 3 or 4 year contract with a young team near the bottom for a couple years.

If we did have the option of getting Mitchell would we want to? Considering we did this 10 years ago with someone straight out of their “apprenticeship”
Would prefer Tapping who’s been doing it longer.

Lyon wont coach us next year. It was made clear the club wants fresh ideas and Lyon is no change from Buckley. Clarko is almost guaranteed next coach of Collingwood as we'll force Hawthorns hand by making a play for Mitchell. The only way this doesn't play out is if Hawthorn doesn't rate Mitchell or they find a way to implement a succession plan that holds both of them to the club.

Lyon wont coach us next year. It was made clear the club wants fresh ideas and Lyon is no change from Buckley. Clarko is almost guaranteed next coach of Collingwood as we'll force Hawthorns hand by making a play for Mitchell. The only way this doesn't play out is if Hawthorn doesn't rate Mitchell or they find a way to implement a succession plan that holds both of them to the club.
Rather Mitchell than Clarko

I strangely don't feel wedded to any one candidate. I guess I just feel rejuvenated as a Collingwood supporter right now, I'm hungry to see what a new approach can provide our group and happy to accept the outcome of the process we follow (even though I'm not enamoured by the thought of either Lyon or B. Scott).

Like other posters you do feel if we end up going for a first time senior coach (which I hope we view as an option) then we need to make every effort to secure an experienced assistant that's come from a recently successful program.

I strangely don't feel wedded to any one candidate. I guess I just feel rejuvenated as a Collingwood supporter right now, I'm hungry to see what a new approach can provide our group and happy to accept the outcome of the process we follow (even though I'm not enamoured by the thought of either Lyon or B. Scott).

Like other posters you do feel if we end up going for a first time senior coach (which I hope we view as an option) then we need to make every effort to secure an experienced assistant that's come from a recently successful program.
100% agree and feel the same

You don’t think applicants might be worried about the board upheaval?
board upheaval? who gives a ****?!
any footy coach with a skerrick of ambition will jump at the chance to coach Collingwood.
coaching appointments generally run for 3 years,
this "board upheaval" that has you in a fluster will be quelled within months.
embrace the new era of Collingwood.
this McGuire/Buckley Stockholm Syndrome that afflicts you will pass with time

regardless of his ‘defence’ mindset, he does have experience at a senior level. We just cannot afford a coach who has not coached at senior level. Too much at stake. If the club wants to be a serious contender within 3-5 years, we can’t have a ex-assistant coach. Our club is not a apprenticeship proving ground for the likes of Yze, Mitchell or anyone else who hasnt coached.

Will Ross Lyon be the best? who knows but he has experience which with new assistants will have us improve very quickly.

Yeah we can. What do Clarkson, Longmire, Simpson, Hardwick, Beveridge and Scott all have in common? They were all first time coaches and have shared the past 10 premierships amongst themselves. We can absolutely afford to bring someone in with the training wheels on the real questions are can we identify the right one and do we have the courage to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back