Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully all we are waiting for is to interview Clarkson (if it's true), before we can finally make an announcement on the coach.
The sooner we make an announcement, the better.

Do we even know who the club has interviewed thus far? McRae, Voss ....?
The highly-rated no-name from WA. He's getting a lot of backing from various quarters.

there is no way Teague would be on $400k. The worst paid coach still gets a minimum $650k.

Well there you go.

$650K.

He’s getting paid more than the Prime Minister of the country to herd and cajole a bunch of lads to kick a pigskin around a paddock for the entertainment of the masses. And with a year left on his contract that he’ll be paid out regardless.

And people are complaining about how poorly he’s being treated?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

And people are complaining about how poorly he’s being treated?

76, the complaints about the treatment of Teague relate to the lack of clarity and resolution about his future, how it’s being played out in a highly public way, while the media work themselves into a frenzy over ‘will he/won’t he’ Clarko being appointed. It’s humiliating for the incumbent coach, despite his salary. It’s disrespectful. And for many of us it’s typical of Carlton. Straight out of the Carlton song book in fact.

Teague and Bolton both have terrible body language and that's half the reason they were treated like chumps. MM could have given them a lesson or two in never letting anyone treat you with disrespect. Teague has been so soppy in recent appearances, he looks like he needs a clean kill to put him out of his misery. Whatever the warm touchy feely people say in public, alpha males still rule the roost in footy and wimpy guys like Teague will even attract a few kicks in the stomach from gutless wimps like Tom Browne and Damo, when neither would have the balls to go after a coach that projects an air of confidence.

It's a lesson for the new collingwood coach. I haven't seen mccrae operate but if he comes out like Teague or Bolton or Rhyce Shaw, then he will be doomed for the start. Show a bit of vulnerability and you may as well walk yourself to the nearest cliff...

Teague and Bolton both have terrible body language and that's half the reason they were treated like chumps. MM could have given them a lesson or two in never letting anyone treat you with disrespect. Teague has been so soppy in recent appearances, he looks like he needs a clean kill to put him out of his misery. Whatever the warm touchy feely people say in public, alpha males still rule the roost in footy and wimpy guys like Teague will even attract a few kicks in the stomach from gutless wimps like Tom Browne and Damo, when neither would have the balls to go after a coach that projects an air of confidence.

It's a lesson for the new collingwood coach. I haven't seen mccrae operate but if he comes out like Teague or Bolton or Rhyce Shaw, then he will be doomed for the start. Show a bit of vulnerability and you may as well walk yourself to the nearest cliff...
Really good point. not only do we need a good coach, we need a strong spokesman for the club. McRae has a good resume but not sure on his media presence /communication skills. I guess you don't know until given the role unfortunately

76, the complaints about the treatment of Teague relate to the lack of clarity and resolution about his future, …

He’s got a guaranteed income until the end of 2022. That’s more clarity and resolution than the majority of the working population have?

Sure, he’s being reviewed and put under scrutiny. But shouldn’t he be given expectations versus results?

… how it’s being played out in a highly public way, …

The club haven’t been playing it out in the media?

while the media work themselves into a frenzy over ‘will he/won’t he’ Clarko being appointed. It’s humiliating for the incumbent coach, despite his salary. It’s disrespectful. And for many of us it’s typical of Carlton. Straight out of the Carlton song book in fact.

It’s pretty much what we did in 2017 … minus the media speculation about Clarkson.

For all we know, Walsh could be sitting down with Teague right now and saying “Look, if you’re going to coach this club going forward, you’re going to need to address some of the negative feedback I’ve been given. And the club needs assurances that you have buy-in to address those issues” just as they would have had done with Buckley before giving him a contract extension at the end of 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A counter consideration to that is motivation.

Imagine you’ve busted your backside for 17 years to organise everything in your own image exactly how it needs to be, from the crystal chandeliers to the gold plated door handles. And then you gotta find the energy to do it all again from scratch. Unlike in 2004 when Clarko started at Hawks, he probably couldn’t nor dhoukdn’t be as hands on as he was back then. But somebody still has to do the work. And those people need yo be paid.

I'm talking about the $s here re. I think everyone would agree that he's a legendary mastermind of a coach.. as far as motivation goes.. no one really knows.. not even his wife and kids.

Aaaaand yet again.. aaaaanooooother.. argument.. won by the Gimp.

2 Gimp - 76W 0

Don't worry.. its all good folks..

76W just apologized to me via pm.

Carry on..

Serious? Keeping the natives happy at Collingwood ain’t easy. President is in the job two months and some launch a petition to trigger an EGM.

Plum coaching job in the AFL would have be the Swans. If Longmire has a bad day at the office the biggest blowback he can expect is some sweet little old lady wearing a hand knitted Swans scarf offering to share a cup of hot tea from her thermos flask, and a pat on the head that everything is going to be OK. Sometimes I wonder if that’s why the Swans have had such sustained success.

Worst coaching job in the AFL would have to be West Coast. A bad at the office probably leads to your kids getting beaten up in the playground at school. Crows probably wouldn’t be far behind.

Where do you reckon we’d be on that scale?

There are always going to be bad days at the office.

Agreed. There is still the potential for board instability. But Wright looks embedded and seems to be guiding the ship

And It’s in the top echelon of difficult jobs... kangas, Dogs, Saints are lower profile jobs

but historically the pies are patient with their coaches

And it’s not like the Sheedy -Knights transition where the new coach had to make a lot of tough calls early on... a lot of that work has already been started.

The pies are already a bottom 4 team. Everyone here expects an equally dour 2022-to mid 2023... so i reckon the coach gets a good 18months before results are more of a focus

I mean they’ll be people that write the new coach off in his first week as soon as teams are announced

But you’d take the Collingwood job over the Carlton one. Carlton have more board instability, similar salary cap issues... especially if they get Cerra... and will expect a top 8 finish next year

Graham would be my 2nd choice after McRae. Either I would be happy with.

On what basis Jen?. We know bugger all about him.
McRae, Clarko Or Caracella for me. I don't know Graham from a bar of soap, so not sure why I'd support his appointment.

On what basis Jen?. We know bugger all about him.
McRae, Clarko Or Caracella for me. I don't know Graham from a bar of soap, so not sure why I'd support his appointment.
Just from his story, has decent experience and seems like someone that can get the best out of players. But is very unknown, so it would be a risk.
And whether or not he can handle a big club.

I actually don't want Clarko. I'd rather have someone starting out on their senior journey, so we can all grow and learn together, rather than someone who might be in a rush for success. I don't think Clarko suits where we are at. I'd rather have someone who Clarko used to be before he went to hawks, who Hardwick used to be before he went to richmond, who Simpson used to be etc. I want the start of something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back