Analysis Who would go #1 in the 2021 draft if it was redone today?

Remove this Banner Ad

SkyC

Rookie
Suspended
Jul 24, 2024
AFL Club
Tasmania
It would be easy to say Nick Daicos as he's clearly the best performed player.

But could you say for certain that every club in the AFL would take Daicos over Sam Darcy? Or even Jason Horne-Francis? I feel like there is a lot to play out in forthcoming years.

Id take Darcy first.

JHF would be my number 2

Daicos has been in a team thats based their whole game plan off getting him the ball, he wouldnt have done what hes done if we wasnt in a team setting it up for him, so a close 3

I really want to not say Daicos as 1, but on exposed form its delusional to not have him at # 1

Unless of course you take the hypothetical angle of 'upside' that JHF & Darcy may have

I really want to not say Daicos as 1, but on exposed form its delusional to not have him at # 1

Unless of course you take the hypothetical angle of 'upside' that JHF & Darcy may have
In a redraft you have to take ceiling into account too, its not like these guys are all in their mid 20s. Theyve got a lot of work to do on their games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be easy to say Nick Daicos as he's clearly the best performed player.

But could you say for certain that every club in the AFL would take Daicos over Sam Darcy? Or even Jason Horne-Francis? I feel like there is a lot to play out in forthcoming years.
Bizarre thread. Those three players were always going to play for the teams they are at now. Darcy and Daicos are father son picks and JHF was always going back home to be with mummy and Ken.

Bizarre thread. Those three players were always going to play for the teams they are at now. Darcy and Daicos are father son picks and JHF was always going back home to be with mummy and Ken.
He'd slot perfectly into a ST Kilda side. How long's it been since you had a (decent) raging bull in the midfield like Lenny Hayes.

1. nick
2. darcy
3. jhf
4. callaghan
5. nas

The top 4 look the best 4. Nas right up there but less upside.

Teams plan for Nick every week and his team is hopeless this year, he won them a flag last year. Darcy is the best KPF prospect we've seen since Buddy imo, unstoppable in the air and elite kick for goal.

Based on the swans current list, I would pick

1. Darcy - need an elite KPF. Bulldogs lucky to have him and JUH who is also building nicely.

2. JHF - on career to date, you'd take Daicos. But Sydney could use a big explosive and dynamic mid/fwd. Bigger body, goes harder, faster, can take a big mark. Plays like Dangerfield and more upside than Daicos.

3. Daicos - elite from his first game and showing himself to be a great clearance player this year. Feel he gets fed a lot of ball at Collingwood and his players work to create space / touches for him. You know what you're getting and for most teams that'd be your no. 1 mid. At Sydney I'd play him 50/50 HBF/Mid.

Can imagine many sides would take Daicos #1.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Who would go #1 in the 2021 draft if it was redone today?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back