Who would you pick - Ballantyne or Banfield

Who would you pick for round 1 - Ballantyne or Banfield?

• Banfield

Votes: 113 94.2%
  • Ballantyne

Votes: 7 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ballas needs to play more on the edge. Every story needs a villain and he needs to accept that. For example on this site we have Banker, SA and Righteo as our villains. The universe needs balance.

i'd have thought your avatar is a cautionary tale of what can happen when trying to strike a 'balance'

Banfield's certainly earned his spot, but I only want him playing if they think his body & his endurance is up for it.

On the other hand, Ballas has definitely played his way out of the team. Give him some time at Peel to prove himself either way.

And Taberner as the back up ruck?
Yes. Sandilands rucks for around 70-80% of the game anyway doesn't he? Darcy (or whoever is 2nd ruck) needs to be mighty handy during that period. We could benefit more from greater mobility than from what Darcy brings in the ruck. And especially when you see who some of the 2nd rucks are.

If Darcy was playing as first ruck I would prefer a qualified ruck partnering him for now.

It really depends on Where freo Is on development. If this was 2012-15 with a lot of Players in their prime and Freo were in the top 6, Ballas would be in. I see Ballantyne as a depth player now. This is his last year. I don't see him play no more than 10-12 games and kick around 15-20 goals. I expect him to play his last ever game for Peel in the WAFL grand final

Freo are in the bottom 6, Banfield has to play because we are playing youth.
Yes of course, and the same actually goes for MJ and his understudy Logue. Those two are in the team as mentors helping with transition.

If we happen to have an amazing year, and have some kind of shot at finals, reassess.

It just makes it seem like performance doesn't matter, there is no integrity in selection and the selection panel don't weigh up all the factors.

It doesn't and there isn't and they don't, it's been obvious for years.

If anyone still believes the "play your way in, play your way out" rubbish then I have a bridge to sell them.

Remember that time (I think it was Mayne) Mayne was Mayneing it up all year, but then got injured so we played Josh Simpson. Simpson did really well in the limited time he got but we then went on to completely disregard that and play Mayne when he was fit?

The worst thing is Mayne wasn't even fit. We rushed him back in and dropped Simpson, which led to Simpson quitting football. Mayne was clearly restricted and hardly got a touch. Hard to describe exactly how much that pissed me off.

The worst thing is Mayne wasn't even fit. We rushed him back in and dropped Simpson, which led to Simpson quitting football. Mayne was clearly restricted and hardly got a touch. Hard to describe exactly how much that pissed me off.
Really? I have thought describing how pissed off you are is about as easy as it gets.

Yes of course, and the same actually goes for MJ and his understudy Logue. Those two are in the team as mentors helping with transition.

If we happen to have an amazing year, and have some kind of shot at finals, reassess.
This season, 2018 is the changing of the guard.

We never found that Pav Replacement.... You could say Cam McCarthy or Shane kersten as they can both Play CHF. You could Say Alex Pearce eventually replaced Luke McPharlin or Zac Dawson in a way.... Actually Dawson was Replaced by Cox. MJ was replaced by Hamling or Logue. Ibbo has been replaced by Nathan Wilson. Sandilands will be replaced by Sean Darcy.

Who is or was Mundys replacement? Connor Blakely? Probably.

The strength of our side will be measured by our best available 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This season, 2018 is the changing of the guard.

We never found that Pav Replacement.... You could say Cam McCarthy or Shane kersten as they can both Play CHF. You could Say Alex Pearce eventually replaced Luke McPharlin or Zac Dawson in a way.... Actually Dawson was Replaced by Cox. MJ was replaced by Hamling or Logue. Ibbo has been replaced by Nathan Wilson. Sandilands will be replaced by Sean Darcy.

Who is or was Mundys replacement? Connor Blakely? Probably.

The strength of our side will be measured by our best available 22
I'm seeing Cerra as coming in for Mundy with a bit of poise and class. The big flaw in that theory is....I haven't seen him play!

Banfield. Not because I’ve seen him play that much/well over this pre-season, I just want us to move on from Balla.

Cheers Balla, a favourite of mine for years, but it’s time.

Round one Banfield , After that If Bennell recaptures his best form and Banfield continues to improve then it is still Ballas that goes .

How does a forward line that looks like this sound:

Matera Taberner Switkowski
Banfield Cox Bennell

Change probably the most balanced we can put out there

Fyfe can push forward when Tabs or Cox relieves the ruck.
Add McCarthy if you want Cox out
Not enough Ballas!
Switz out, Ballas in. McCarthy for Cox. Kersten for Bennell (Bennell to bench as mid/fwd rotation).

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you pick - Ballantyne or Banfield

Back