Who would you pick - Ballantyne or Banfield

Who would you pick for round 1 - Ballantyne or Banfield?

• Banfield

Votes: 113 94.2%
  • Ballantyne

Votes: 7 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if serious
Ballas is definitely a better kick than Banfield if that is what you are asking? I don't agree with the extent of Frigate's rating of Ballas but I think he is the better kick.

Banfield is a decent kick though. Certainly not a weakness of his even if it is not his strength. I think Banners vision is better than his actual kick too.

Has anyone got a case for Ballas for round 1?

Not that I think Banfield is the messiah up forward.....but surely he's a better bet.

We need speed in our forward line. Assuming the other 4 are Walters, Cox\Taberner\McCarthy, Hogan and lobb then we need two quick players.

At the moment these are Ballas and Colyer, personally I hope we draft someone like Sturt, Stack, I Hill, M Bennelll etc etc but this may not happen.

Banfield is a tagger.

Ballas is definitely a better kick than Banfield if that is what you are asking? I don't agree with the extent of Frigate's rating of Ballas but I think he is the better kick.

Banfield is a decent kick though. Certainly not a weakness of his even if it is not his strength. I think Banners vision is better than his actual kick too.
This.

Banfield is the future, Ballas the past but Ballas' field kicking is top notch (and he is 2 sided).

After this season, I have Banfield as depth for our midfield. He's best used on the inside or as a tagger. He's wasted on the HFF. I have Ballntyne in the B22 as a pressure forward. So two incomparable players with two different roles. I feel like Banfield could potentially be one to surprise / step up when his opportunity comes.

I habe ballas in.a retirement home. Seriously have to wonder what he would be like to look after as a geriatric. No problem with.his kids sending him away.

I reckon he would be a serial pest in a retirement home. Just niggling all the other old people, stealing their teeth and stuff.

I know the game has moved away from the tagger mode in recent times, but I see a lot of value in a genuine take-no-prisoners tagger. It can be quite disruptive to an opposition's game plan, and we could be a little harder in general all over the ground. I also think Banfield has other aspects to his game that can make him more multi-dimensional if required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the game has moved away from the tagger mode in recent times, but I see a lot of value in a genuine take-no-prisoners tagger. It can be quite disruptive to an opposition's game plan, and we could be a little harder in general all over the ground. I also think Banfield has other aspects to his game that can make him more multi-dimensional if required.
Errr... taggers were everywhere in 2018. Almost every team has a decent or better tagger.

Does anyone remember when Ballas used to post these sorts of stats?

077E580D-394F-4C9E-82F0-C17DAAB58D95.jpeg

Round 23, this year. He plays round one. Close the thread. All hail Ballllllllaaaaassssssss!

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you pick - Ballantyne or Banfield

Back