Discussion Why don't you contribute to media?

Why don't you contribute to media?

• It's boring

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All the good ideas have been done

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
One thing notable about the league now, is the lack of any form of media being posted.

There used to be several quality media contributers around the joint, media was where all the scandals and the drama of the league thrived. Or where the attention whores of the league chased beez votes.

Nowm apart from a couple of threads, the main page be all like.

tumbleweed GIF

So, what's going on? Is it just a cycle? Why don't you contribute to any media? (This doesn't include qooty comps)

(Answer poll)

My reason isn't really covered by the OP, but I have other priorities/interests (both within and outside of Bigfooty) and don't even have as much time for those that I would like anymore

Threads have a history of being shut down way too early, usually before they have a chance to find their feet and get the ideas and discussion going.

No quicker way to kill off enthusiasm than this.

The standard got too high - which is great, but it turned away potential newcomers to the game and turned away some folk who can do average media threads from time to time.

That and people don't seem to engage with it in the same way as we used to. Perhaps by oversaturation of the league as it is, cramming two seasons into a calendar year, holding awards every 6 months, people just get tired quickly of doing the same rinse and repeat.

I haven't had any real idea of what to put up, I was considering some ideas, but then decided against them as I didn't think they would be interesting enough for people to view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The standard got too high - which is great, but it turned away potential newcomers to the game and turned away some folk who can do average media threads from time to time.

That and people don't seem to engage with it in the same way as we used to. Perhaps by oversaturation of the league as it is, cramming two seasons into a calendar year, holding awards every 6 months, people just get tired quickly of doing the same rinse and repeat.
I don't think the quality increasing had as much to do with it is as the lack of appreciation and encouragement for media

I put an enormous amount of effort in for my first two seasons for very little recognition or contribution. It’s one thing to write a post or two or a milestone, but putting in regular hours for media for 1-2 people to engage with the content? Nahnah

I put an enormous amount of effort in for my first two seasons for very little recognition or contribution. It’s one thing to write a post or two or a milestone, but putting in regular hours for media for 1-2 people to engage with the content? Nahnah

nahnah

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Why don't you contribute to media?

Back