Current Wiembilla Shootings * Coronial Inquiry

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he was in contact with family still, up until a few weeks ago - then he was reported as missing, when communication stopped.
Makes sense but doesn't say a lot about Nathaniel's relationship with his own family. His family reports him missing, Nathaniel doesn't contact family to say he is ok etc, ends up with Gareth off the grid.

Given what has happened, is it any wonder Dan Andrews didn't want to vote in his own electorate? The people campaigning against him are no less deranged than these pieces of sub-human filth.
So in your opinion. anyone who campaigned against Dan Andrews falls into the same category as these murdering scum? What a moronic, opportunistic post. I’m surprised you didn’t extend it to anyone who voted against Dan.

Last edited:
Sorry to break the news to you but active anti-vaxers are nuts.
There's thousands of far-right wing nuts in Australia who believe bs conspiracy theories and these people are an example.
I’m talking to one now. Does that make you dangerous?

So a little history on the area since I did my rn practical at Tara hospital for my rural placement which is only 20 mins away.

The locals call these people blockies. The government pretty much handed the land out in the 80's and 90's talking 10k for 100 acres the properties are full of csg wells. There are no utilities available they all live off grid. Most of them were all right but alot of crazies and unwanted.

I vowed never to return to the area once my prac was done. The people and area honestly scared me. Was not shocked to hear about this.

You don't need to venture too far inland from the coast in Qld to get a real Deliverance feel about it. I lived near Toowoomba for a year when I was in the Navy and we used to tour around to small towns for things like Australia Day, ANZAC Day, Rememberence Day etc.

Given the arsenal they reportedly had you would have to assume at least some of it would have been illegal. Not sure but it wouldn't be legal to own all of what they had?
Surely if they legally owned them all the cops would have had access to that information, and probably had to visit to do inspections.

I'm leaning toward illegal.

A lot of the press using a headline "How murderous trio lured Police to the property" . They use this headline but make no reference to how they were lured or if this is true. The lure part sounds plausible because it sounds like they were armed and waiting. Or was it a case of the trio spotting the police vehicles arriving at the property and then arming themselves and dressing in camo? Apparently the front gate was locked so the Police had to jump the fence and pretty much after that were fired upon. With 4 officers turning up perhaps they had some indication of danger with reference to Gareth Train?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't need to venture too far inland from the coast in Qld to get a real Deliverance feel about it. I lived near Toowoomba for a year when I was in the Navy and we used to tour around to small towns for things like Australia Day, ANZAC Day, Rememberence Day etc.

It's a bit of a culture shock. While I didn't recognise it as Western Downs and I haven't gone through Wieambilla, I know the area driving through heading north and had to stop a few times.

Rough men in utes carrying vacant eyed dogs in small cages springs to mind.

There needs to be more focus by Asio on right wing conspiracy theorists instead of harrassing climate protesters.
There was the Christchurch killer now this.

There already is. The head of ASIO in his annual security speech has said that Right Wing Extremism is the current biggest threat to the country.

Last edited:
Absolutely sickening. The only good that can come from this is that these 'freedum' nut jobs from across the country are flushed out from society before they fully lose the plot and do something similar.

ASIO have stated that the biggest threat to domestic security are right wing extremists.

And here we are. :(

It's a bit of a culture shock. While I didn't recognise it as Western Downs and I haven't gone through Wieambilla, I know the area driving through heading north and had to stop a few times.

Rough men in utes carrying vacant eyed dogs in small cages springs to mind.

We did a lap in 2011, my wife and I and our two daughters. We got as far inland as the Bunya Mountains (gorgeous place) then headed back to the coast, the girls said they felt uneasy in the area. The next time we headed inland was Richmond / Mt Isa / Barkly Homestead on the way out of the place.

Wonder if they were planning something bigger, or it was all a sick premeditated plan…

The ABC article states

Residents who lived near the property said it had been unoccupied for months until last Friday when they saw a vehicle go up the driveway and stay there over the weekend.

So it seems that Nathaniel had gone from a prestigious position as school principal to cold blooded killer in the space of 12 months.

Off the grid for that 12 months one can only guess what happened to drive him (and his brother) to do this. However the fact they were in camo gear with semi automatic weapons when police came calling suggests this wasn’t a coincidence, but were an intended target.

Feels like something went very wrong in last year and their loved ones just couldn't pull them out it.

Well where there's smoke there's fire.

Also, that could explain Gareth, but what about Nathaniel and Gareth's ex? Been dragged down the rabbit hole too?

Pure speculation, but could Nathaniel have been an anti-vaxxer who lost his job because of his stance so threw in his lot with his brother?

Standing his ground on vaccination while his brother is filling his head with shit.

Pure speculation, but could Nathaniel have been an anti-vaxxer who lost his job because of his stance so threw in his lot with his brother?

Standing his ground on vaccination while his brother is filling his head with s**t.

I thought the same thing… that he lost his job due to being unvaxxed.

A report somewhere said he claimed to have had a heart attack in a previous role…

Standing his ground on vaccination while his brother is filling his head with s**t.

Highly plausible.

A lot of people went off the deep end last year when they refused to be vaccinated and doubled down on their stance to society after feeling shunned by their choices.

Don't forget, in their eyes these people feel exiled and humiliated by the general public and the government's who made this happen. Sowed the seeds of hatred.

Highly plausible.

A lot of people went off the deep end last year when they refused to be vaccinated and doubled down on their stance to society after feeling shunned by their choices.

Don't forget, in their eyes these people feel exiled and humiliated by the general public and the government's who made this happen. Sowed the seeds of hatred.

Yep, I was working in WA with BHP and a number of people I worked with lost their jobs and a couple of them with young families lost their homes, they were lost down the rabbit hole.

Highly plausible.

No one was forced to get vaxed. You're argument is ridiculous. Vaccination was required in certain jobs to save people's lives.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Wiembilla Shootings * Coronial Inquiry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back