Wikileaks founder and good North man Julian Assange

Remove this Banner Ad

I keep hearing that journalism is just getting worse and worse.

View attachment 2030274
And yet, 15 years ago, this constituted decent enough source verification to make it through the subs for publication in what was the most popular Australian newspaper at the time. ****ing lol.

Unreal. We're national news, fellas.

I thought that dispute started because of the Manning documents.

The Guardian got D notices over the Snowden stuff iirc. Even resulted in MI6 vetting their work maybe having someone on staff as well.
they leaked the passwords to unvetted documents then pinned the blame on Wikileaks for not retracting.

Couldn't have said it better, but in regards to Assange.
Wikileaks as a thing was more important than Assange.

Obviously he helped build it but before the war stuff it helped bring down governments and helped send people to prison for massive fraud. He should never have been treated the way he was because of it tho.

they leaked the passwords to unvetted documents then pinned the blame on Wikileaks for not retracting.
Yes I know.

My mum told me earlier that the US judge in Saipan said no one died or suffered as a result of the leaks anyway. So alot of what people held against him was a lie anyway.

Couldn't have said it better, but in regards to Assange.

Do you think he was wrong to release the footage of the US military killing the Reuters staff in Baghdad?

If so, why?

Yes I know.

My mum told me earlier that the US judge in Saipan said no one died or suffered as a result of the leaks anyway. So alot of what people held against him was a lie anyway.
We rarely ever watch Ch7 news, but last night they laid claim that many people (undercover US agents) dies as a direct result...

I think the only reason the TV was on 7 was because nobody changed it after last weekend's game and we've only watched the cricket on Prime since then on that telly.

We rarely ever watch Ch7 news, but last night they laid claim that many people (undercover US agents) dies as a direct result...

I think the only reason the TV was on 7 was because nobody changed it after last weekend's game and we've only watched the cricket on Prime since then on that telly.
it was one of their lead stories, five minutes of basic fact checking wouldve turned up the inconsistency.
So either they didn’t do basic fact checking or the level of intelligence is the same that runs with a story based on a big footy post..

you see the dilemma from one of our major information sources.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aside from the politics and whatnot, and although it took a while, i always thought that rendition to the USA, or worse, was not out of the question, so always good to score a win over them, welcome home to an Aussie.
Mother England can GAGF too.

Viva Republic!

I have a vague recollection that prison escapee Brendan Abbott was also a North fan and member (I may well be incorrect)? Perhaps not on the same scale as Assange, but we do seem to attract a high standard of fugitive to our club.
Brendan Abbott? Isnt that bloke the postcard bandit? I have heard of him.

I heard that. I remember when people started saying this it just didn't seem right tho. Cryptome was amazing back in the day hey.
Stole a helicopter from jail and landed it at the MCG during a North GF or something yeah?

Dave Chappelle Freedom GIF

Do you think he was wrong to release the footage of the US military killing the Reuters staff in Baghdad?

If so, why?

No, I don't think that was wrong at all.

This sums up my feelings pretty much perfectly;

No, I don't think that was wrong at all.

This sums up my feelings pretty much perfectly;

Boo hoo. He told the world that Hilary Clinton and the DNC scammed Bernie Sanders out of his nomination for president.

Basically cos her continent sized sense of entitlement for the position.

Boo hoo. He told the world that Hilary Clinton and the DNC scammed Bernie Sanders out of his nomination for president.

Basically cos her continent sized sense of entitlement for the position.

Yup, and to be clear I was a big Bernie supporter.

But answer me this; where did Wikileaks get those DNC emails?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wikileaks founder and good North man Julian Assange

Remove this Banner Ad

Back