Player Watch Will Ashcroft - Better than Nick Daicos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Both are going to be outright guns for their respective clubs for the next decade+

Ashcroft will be more an inside silky mover and Daicos will be more damaging on the outside and impact the score board personally more...

But both are going to be top level players.

I’m just ecstatic having a kid who came to our club after finishing 17th, who helped us to within 1 point of playing in a GF in his 1st year and then instrumental in helping us winning a close GF in his second year.

Add to that, runner up in the Brownlow in 2 out of his 3 years in the AFL.

And I’m sure the Lions are happy with Ashcroft.

The only losers here are Carlton and Richmond fans.

Richmond fans? We have been blessed with Dustin Martin playing a major role in getting Richmond multiple Premierships in quick time. He did it consistently when it truly mattered most.

Carlton fans are the ones who are wanting success.

Ashcroft has done well to have a flag and Norm Smith medal at 20 after missing virtually a season with a bad knee injury. Maybe he just gets the nod over Nick. Nick has AA honours and a coaches' award but stands out a lot more because the Pies lack talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos and Buckley are better players. They often carried their team on their backs while being tagged and targeted by opposition coaches. No opposition coaches go into a game thinking they need to pay special attention to Will Ashcroft because he is the most dangerous opposition player.

Daicos and Buckley are better players. They often carried their team on their backs while being tagged and targeted by opposition coaches. No opposition coaches go into a game thinking they need to pay special attention to Will Ashcroft because he is the most dangerous opposition player.

I mean, thats likely to change now LOL

The real question should be...

Who brothers would you rather have - Nick and Josh or Will and Levi?
At least that would be an interesting and reasonable thread.

Assessment thus far:
Daicos boys - 2 x premierships, club best and fairests (2 wins, 1 x top 3), AFLCA Coaches Award (1 win, 1 top 3), Brownlow Medal (2 × top 3), AFLPA MVP (2 x top 3), 1 x Rising Star.

Ashcroft boys - 1 x premiership, 1 x Norm Smith Medal.

I've been so bold as to forecast a club best and fairest win for Nick in 2024.

Voss at his peak captained a 3-peat.

Buckley has the honour of being one of 2? to win a Norm Smith in a loss.
I dare say Buckley might have won flags with Black, Akermanis, Lappin etc as opposed to O'Bree and Licuria. To drag that side to B2B grand finals, one of which they nearly knocked off that tremendous Brisbane team was a monumental effort. Incredible player and very much on the same wave length as Voss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Will Ashcroft - Better than Nick Daicos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back